• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
The only Diddy I ever ran into in FG I two stocked, so I wouldnt know about the whole OP thing. I'l trust the experts however.
What most top players are saying is that :4diddy: is considered the best because he is so easy to pick up and do well with. Players like ZeRo and (I believe) M2K say that Sheik is better just more technical.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I hope you're joking.

Diddy, while problematic, can be defeated with strategy.

Besides, player strength is not equal to a character's placement on a tier list.
I know. I'm just really, really bad against Diddy. I can't dodge Monkey Flip.

And he's not that rare; I can't stop running into him...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The only Diddy I ever ran into in FG I two stocked, so I wouldnt know about the whole OP thing. I'l trust the experts however.
"Experts" told us that rotten meat would spontaneously generate into maggots.

Rage is a stupid effect that only serves to equalize making plays instead of rewarding it. One might say, "but Quilt, it rewards people that are able to stay alive!" but you know what the reward is for being able to stay alive? Being alive.

Based on the majority of complaints about Diddy Kong, it comes from people who primarily play online, where the whole dynamic of the game is bent around a lack of a pick system and latency.

Grass appears to be 29 years old - I think they this by now.
Exactly.

For Glory, while great, does favor some characters.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
>mains :4link:
>hears complaints about projectile spammers
>feels smug
You know, odd enough I've only played at most 15 Links on For Glory throughout my 300+ battles across 3DS and WiiU. I only spam projectiles when extremely desperate.

Looks like I just missed the fun. @Kermit the Ninja I read a couple pages back, and I got a good chuckle. You get a :139:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I shudder to think of what the SmashBoards kill screen looks like.
You get this :

Just replace Freddy with something else, like a mod.
It's like Freddy is saying "Stop sh*tposting here and go do it on the new version !".
Rage is a stupid effect that only serves to equalize making plays instead of rewarding it. One might say, "but Quilt, it rewards people that are able to stay alive!" but you know what the reward is for being able to stay alive? Being alive.
It advantages some characters. For example, :4bowser: in rage mode can pretty much come back without really being hurt.
I generally don't care about the effect, you still can get K.Os without it.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
"Experts" told us that rotten meat would spontaneously generate into maggots.
Experts who did not have the scientific method and were basing conclusions simply on what seemed normal at the time.[/quote]

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I wonder what happened to all the "Items in Tournaments" diehards that wanted Smash 4 to finally be the game that ran competitive item sets. They made a racket all the way up until the summer.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Welp, I just had another selfdestruct-fest...

I get too embarrassed to continue fighting way too easily...

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
GRATE CROSSOVER IDEAY: Mario and Donkey Kong.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I wonder what happened to all the "Items in Tournaments" diehards that wanted Smash 4 to finally be the game that ran competitive item sets. They made a racket all the way up until the summer.
I was a part of that group, and we just realized it wasn't a battle worth fighting. Smash 4 as a game is still being "questioned" (meaning: persecuted) about its competitive viability, after all, so items specifically aren't something we can focus on right now.

*pets* you should think about other things like baby yoshis, Baby Yoshis make me happy
Are you making fun of me?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hey guys, I just came back from the horrors of the real world. I think it's time for me to sha-

*sees the last few pages*

...you guys managed to go ape**** without my help?

When you think you can leave this thread for a few hours...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Warning Received
Hey guys, I just came back from the horror of the real world. I think it's time for me to sha-

Save'd

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey guys, I just came back from the horror of the real world. I think it's time for me to sha-

Is it really that surprising anymore?

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Why not combining all these ideas while putting more characters in? I mean, We can have Link and Pikachu. Oh, and Kirby of course. Let's call it Dragon King.
That doesn't roll off the tongue really well. How about, "Super Mario Smash Bros."

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Why not combining all these ideas while putting more characters in? I mean, We can have Link and Pikachu. Oh, and Kirby of course. Let's call it Dragon King.
Good idea, let's make it a fighting game with Kirby-like gameplay.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That doesn't roll off the tongue really well. How about, "Super Mario Smash Bros."
Drop Mario from the name so that we aren't restricted with character choices.
Sure. Let's also add some characters that no one has ever heard of, like that kid from Mother 2.
How about that badass from that racing game on the SNES, 0-F I think...

D

Deleted member

Why stop there? We could also add a few 3rd party characters, like that fast hedgehog and that blue robot.
The focus has to remain on Mario though...

Why don't we have Dr. Mario too? That'll balance everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom