• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Jigglypuff is a stupid case. A character with a density less than water drowning never made sense to me.

inb4 ITS JUST A VIDEOGAME QUILT HURRR
logic need not apply to games like this/most games in general. Charizard should insta KO upon hitting water and Greninja should be able to stay in water infinitely but its not the case for the sake of fairness.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
But that would be too overpowered. He would be able to eat food items and heal infinitely.
If you look closely, he's not actually taking a bite out of anything. That game came out in 2010 and animators still can't get the "making chunks of food disappear" down pad when making scenes like this.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:4pacman:'s drowning animation is the best simply because he smiles even when his life is in peril.

Edit: And :4sonic: shouldn't even have a swimming animation, he should just go straight to the seabed with the drowning counter.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I don't fully understand the Sonic reference.
Sonic has a history of being unable to swim period. In his games he just sunk straight to the bottom and walked along the ground without any attempt to swim.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Why does Geno sound like he's a very heavyset man out of breath all the time? :joyful:

As for head tilts. This hasn't been updated yet... :(
It needs more creepy Sayaka

As for Geno's voice, that is due to the guy who programming it pitching down all the clips. He sounded better before, but in the actual game...

It's even funnier taking it mind SHAFT also animated this.

D

Deleted member

:4pacman:'s drowning animation is the best simply because he smiles even when his life is in peril.

Edit: And :4sonic: shouldn't even have a swimming animation, he should just go straight to the seabed with the drowning counter.
Sonic would do his death animation from Sonic 1 (Classic Sonic games in general).

D

Deleted member

Sonic would do his death animation from Sonic 1 (Classic Sonic games in general).
Speaking of death animations, I will never get over Pac-man not having his death sound effect play when Screen KO'd. The sound effect is in freaking Street Smash, but not in the actual game. What the hell?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anime topic eh? The last thing I've done with my girl before going home was watching one of the Evangelion films, specifically the one involving Asuka in a coma. She wasn't kidding around when she said it's one of the more ****ed up anime endings in a movie.

Right now, I've seeing someone from IGN doing a terrible job at playing J-Stars Victory VS. Pronouncing Naruto's name wrong like any other American had exposed him for the IGNorant he was after all. :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Right now, I've seeing someone from IGN doing a terrible job at playing J-Stars Victory VS. Pronouncing Naruto's name wrong like any other American had exposed him for the IGNorant he was after all. :troll:
Who cares, Naruto sucks anyway. He doesn't even deserve his name to be said right

Omg my 2nd package hasnt sent yet like Come on Pokemon Center, I have to send mah wife her Dedenne god damn it
Ugh...I wish I had been paying attention to Wii games in early 2012. Game is pricey as hell to find in Canada.
How much does it cost in canada? Is 54.99 here for me

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Who cares, Naruto sucks anyway. He doesn't even deserve his name to be said right

Omg my 2nd package hasnt sent yet like Come on Pokemon Center, I have to send mah wife her Dedenne god damn it
You didn't tell us you were a married woman now! :troll:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Last night I got drunk with some buddies and ended up watching a few episodes of Kill la Kill, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, and Psycho-Pass. It came down to watching the Jackass movies. Not bad of a New Years party.

Well apparently I have to say those MTV stunt movies because Jackass is blocked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anime topic eh? The last thing I've done with my girl before going home was watching one of the Evangelion films, specifically the one involving Asuka in a coma. She wasn't kidding around when she said it's one of the more ****ed up anime endings in a movie.
I still have no idea what the hell happened at the end of the anime. Just went right over my head. Being the extremely literal person I am, I just said "this makes no sense," and moved on.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

But that's not all, he called Ichigo "Bleach guy" and said that Chitoge was from a hentai doujin. I can understand that these IGN guys are American and all, but they could have at least have an anime expert play the game without embarrassing themselves.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
dude what os are you even using?
It's Windows 8(.1).

Add Samus, Palutena, the Duck, probably Rosalina, and Blue Pikmin too except unlike Sonic, they should be fine underwater. Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Peach are weird since they sometimes need air and sometimes they're okay in both space and underwater. Oh, and Ganondorf should sink like a rock too because of 2 reasons: 1. His armor weighs a ton and 2. He's a Gerudo and there's like barely any water so he probably doesn't need to know how to swim (or what a fishing rod is). I guess this also applies to Ike with his giant sword and Mega Man, but I never played a Mega Man game so I don't know if Mega Man has underwater and/or water levels.

Let's not forget that freaking Clown Car can't use its propeller to stay afloat and keep Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings from drowning, but whatever since game balancing.

Oh, and Toon Link doesn't use his Wind Waker swim animation. Falco also looks so serious while swimming: "Gonna win that bread tonight; gonna swim that 200m." It's hilarious, especially when his drowning animation kicks in.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
But that's not all, he called Ichigo "Bleach guy" and said that Chitoge was from a hentai doujin. I can understand that these IGN guys are American and all, but they could have at least have an anime expert play the game without embarrassing themselves.
They aren't called IGNorant for nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom