• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I take it back- this is creepy Sayaka. Forgot this thing existed.

Geno should have went silent or they could have just had Andrew Raskin to voice him from Bowser's/Smash Kingdom.

Speaking of Smash Kingdom, it's a shame they won't make anymore. :sadsheep:
Geno was silent in older versions, but they gave him a voice anyway :joyful:
That would be pretty cool if they tried to get that guy. Geno's final smash would need to be changed to blowing up Japan though

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'l actually be giving a chance to "DmC: We're really sorry guys this time we made it good we promise please buy Edition"
A lot of people praise Vergil's Downfall because it's much more difficult than vanilla Dante's story, it's pretty much all combat, and it's fast combat since that's who Vergil is with his iaijutsu. I don't know what the Definitive Edition is going to do since we only have text and some video evidence of changes, but it's probably going to make DmC Vergil even better.

The thing about DMC/DmC Vergil is his "small" move set flows and is really stylish. DMC Dante is more over the top, DmC Dante is brawler-like, Nero is also brawler-like and sort of like a dancer since there's a rhythm component to this combat with the Exceed system. So, DmC Dante does feel clunky, but his plethora of moves are just awesome plus he has a battleaxe, a scythe, and those chakram things which are the coolest and more unique weapons brought into Devil May Cry. DMC Dante was just complex, had a ton of awesome and crazy moves, and well, he's Dante. Nero's moves are cool in a way, but it was so limited even compared to Vergil. The concept, however, was really neat since I'm only aware of Final Fantasy VIII using rhythm as an active part of combat and that was a RPG not a hack 'n' slash.

Vergil has the style of a samurai. Quick, fast, and brutal. I kind of want a cowboy-based character in DMC or DmC now for the sake of the east meets west thing. Anyway, DMC Dante felt like watching a Chinese martial arts film where there's these spectacular moves and it's all awesome while DmC Dante and Nero were like watching western movies of brawlers where stuff's just brutal, but it's not stylish or super awesome. Sure, the blood and power's there, but it's lacking something. Vergil is like watching a Japanese film like Akira Kurosawa's or old classic westerns (cowboy) films. That one stroke, that one movement, and BOOM! dead.

So, if you end up not liking DmC Dante's portion, well, finish it for the sake of knowing why the hell Vergil's in "hell" or to understand the slightly different mechanics of DmC compared to DMC. Vergil's Downfall is a beast of its own and with the Definitive Edition having a Bloody Palace for Vergil, it's going to be wicked. Also, because of how game development has progressed, DmC Vergil looks more fluid because of better and more detailed animation and because certain things were changed like how Summoned Swords looks a bit faster when fired, but Spiral Swords ended up "slower", but I'm blaming the Unreal Engine being a pain for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Blistering Swords on the other hand shoots faster since when it's summoned, it shoots without setting up. Also, I think there might be different commands, so Vergil doesn't have to swap through them.

Now, add Vergil coming back for DMC4: Special Edition. For Capcom, it's the Year of Vergil. Prepare to die.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

I take it back- this is creepy Sayaka. Forget this thing existed.

Geno was silent in older versions :joyful:
That would be pretty cool if they tried to get him though
I'd watch Madoka Magica, but yesterday, I found out they excluded licensing distribution for the UK.

IT'S ONLINE STREAMING. WHY DO WE GET EXCLUDED FROM B.S. LIKE THIS? It's the same with the Funimation website.
I can sort of forgive that as it's mainly based in the USA, and they still distribute anime on DVD/Blu-ray here. But why Crunchyroll? >_>

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Naga help me, I'm listening to the Backstreet Boys while doing homework...

...It's like Darkseid and Thanos teamed up.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You should've come earlier, when we were discussing about abolishing my penis.;)
Actually, I did see that. That was one of the reasons I said that. ¦D;

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Walking dead is one of the most chaotic gaming communities about characters flickering,this is the result of the amazing quick time events zombies edition.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
D

Deleted member

I'd watch Madoka Magica, but yesterday, I found out they excluded licensing distribution for the UK.

IT'S ONLINE STREAMING. WHY DO WE GET EXCLUDED FROM B.S. LIKE THIS? It's the same with the Funimation website.
I can sort of forgive that as it's mainly based in the USA, and they still distribute anime on DVD/Blu-ray here. But why Crunchyroll? >_>
-__- That's obnoxious. Why would they do that? You can't stream it but they still sell the DVD's? It's like they want you to drop $90 to see it even if you may not like it. What a rip off.

Cool movie, bro, Here, have a Homura pic:
SAVE'D

Morbi

Scavenger

Why does it even matter? There are hundreds of free anime websites that will rip the video anyways, correct?

D

Deleted member

If there is anything I know about anime fans, it's their unwillingness to actually learn Japanese or pay for anything except Manga (strangely enough).

Paid for with my own money *bites thumb*

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh.....
...I have Maruchan...
*eats as he watches the discussion*

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
If there is anything I know about anime fans, it's their unwillingness to actually learn Japanese or pay for anything except Manga (strangely enough).
I would agree with you, but I do have friends taking classes in Japanese, with one in hopes to do some translation work for animes and manga. The others are job related that just so happen to be anime fans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Why does it even matter? There are hundreds of free anime websites that will rip the video anyways, correct?
Because it's illegal and denies money and support for the anime production industry?

If I can't get access to anime because legit DVDs are rare/expensive, and there's no streaming available, then I will resort to free streaming. I try to support the anime industry by giving them actual money to fund them when I can.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Uhh... I'm watching a compilation of the characters swimming and drowning... I don't know why. Some of the swimming animations are adorable like Kirby's, Triple D's, Duck Hunt's, and Pikachu's. Oh, and Charizard looks majestic as **** while swimming. Charizard's like part-swan or something. Here's the link for those of you who are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_v1CQ9GDPM.

Edit: Some of them are gruesome like how R.O.B. basically short circuits.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Uhh... I'm watching a compilation of the characters swimming and drowning... I don't know why. Some of the swimming animations are adorable like Kirby's, Triple D's, Duck Hunt's, and Pikachu's. Oh, and Charizard looks majestic as **** while swimming. Charizard's like part-swan or something. Here's the link for those of you who are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_v1CQ9GDPM.
I like Pac-Man. 'Yay, I'm swimming!' 'Yay, I'm drowning!'

Spirst

Edit: Some of them are gruesome like how R.O.B. basically short circuits.
I'm very disappointed that Greninja, a frog, doesn't swim like this:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
holy **** Shampoo got in my eyes

Because it's illegal denies money and support for the anime production industry?

If I can't get access to anime because legit DVDs are rare/expensive, and there's no streaming available, then I will resort to free streaming. I try to support the anime industry by giving them actual money to fund them when I can.
Thats not going to stop me from watching anime on other sites. Ill buy DVDs but I will keep watching anime online too

i think they were going for how ninjas would swim... if they swam

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Duck Hunt's is probably my favorite simply because both the dog and duck swim.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like Pac-Man. 'Yay, I'm swimming!' 'Yay, I'm drowning!'
R.O.B. has an awesome swimming animation. Meanwhile... Blue Pikmin aren't even animated...

Oh, and I guess Little Mac ain't a water fighter either. :smirk:

Yeah, @elusiveTranscendent, you better learn how to swim. :p

And then there's Samus in her Power Suit, the Duck, Triple D, a Penguin; and Palutena and Rosalina who are goddesses drowning...

Edit: Can Mega Man drown? Also, shouldn't Sonic just drop like a rock?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw man, I just noticed Shulk doesn't swim like he does in Xenoblade. Oh well...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Personally, I'm disappointed that the DHD Duck can't just do this.

Oh maybe it can and that's why it's on the dog's back as a nerf.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I will always love Kirby's swim animation... Just Kirby in general. I just want to give that pink puffball a hug. :3

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
...I'm usually iffy with fan art, but I forgot how ****ing awesome Toy Story fan art was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom