• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Just thought I'd say in advance, in case I'm not around for the ball drop...

HAPPY FLIPPN' NEW YEAR, SMASHBOARDS!

Here's to whatever happens to our community come 2015. Ah, just think. Mewtwo will strike back. Project M will likely have that totally not fake update. Nintendo's guaranteed to drop some hypebombs our way with all the E3 reveals and Nintendo Directs.

I wish you a happy new year, but...

what is with your avatar?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7:00 PM here now.

Cold as heck outside, but the rain clouds have cleared up. So I might go outside later tonight and use the new telescope I got for Christmas and see if I can focus on anything of interest with it.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
ARE WE TALKING ABOUT CONSOLE WARS CAUSE I CAN TELL YOU WHAT EVERYBODY'S NOT GETTING BUT REALLY SHOULD BECAUSE ITS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER NO JOKE

forgive me smashboards for I have soiled the good thread

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't know what keeps me coming back. I only get miserable every time I try to play, and I feel like even Sakurai's yelling at me for it now on top of everyone else who's already been yelling. But something keeps me coming back.

D

Deleted member

Wait, no PS3, PS4, or XB1 in the household? Dang :/
My brother has a PS3, so I guess it wouldn't be completely useless, but I'd much rather be able to watch it on my monitor. Plus, it's $80 (at the cheapest) to import. I may be crazy, but I'm not that crazy.

D

Deleted member

The only other next-gen console I have is a PS4.
I haven't regretted getting it yet and it hasn't become a glorified dust collector, so I would say that's a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't know what keeps me coming back. I only get miserable every time I try to play, and I feel like even Sakurai's yelling at me for it now on top of everyone else who's already been yelling. But something keeps me coming back.
You like to play which is what everyone is missing . Sakurai isnt yelling at anyone, people are just flipping **** and forgetting they can do whatever they want

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
You like to play which is what everyone is missing . Sakurai isnt yelling at anyone, people are just flipping **** and forgetting they can do whatever they want
That's not the point. I'm just sick of being yelled at. I haven't been able to really enjoy anything in years, anything, because someone yells at or laughs at me because of it.

That interview was just one more aggressor in the crowd.

Morbi

Scavenger
Warning Received
That's not the point. I'm just sick of being yelled at. I haven't been able to really enjoy anything in years, anything, because someone yells at or laughs at me because of it.

If it makes you feel any better, or if it is any consolidation, I am laughing at you because of it.

Morbi

Scavenger
...I seriously considered reporting that post.
Some things you just don't joke about, capiche?
Go ahead and report me, I have broken no rules; unless that counts as flame-bait or something (honesty is the best flame-bait). Either way, it is a stretch buddy. But if it makes you feel better, it makes you feel better. It is soon to be a new year, if you must take your aggression out on poor, sweet, and innocent Morbid... I can take it.

D

Deleted member

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT CONSOLE WARS CAUSE I CAN TELL YOU WHAT EVERYBODY'S NOT GETTING BUT REALLY SHOULD BECAUSE ITS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER NO JOKE

forgive me smashboards for I have soiled the good thread
>Ouya launches in 2013
>Julie Uhrman says Ouya (the company) would make a new console in 2014 (as in smartphone / tablet / PC releases every year)
>No new console shown

Osborne effect takes over.. ?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I should've known better than to ask here for help. The Unhappy thread's hostile, this thread's hostile, I did something incredibly stupid to get me banned from the only decent site I've ever been to...

I'm just a glutton for punishment, I guess.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Welp. It's almost midnight here in New South Westorth Floridohivaniachusettslandwaremont Islandginialinagiabamaine. So I'd like to say some things to all of you.
Keywords: Would Like
I WOULD like to say some things, but mobile SB sucks all of the everything, and sometimes makes my phone slow/crash. Yes. It's that bad.
So, I'll just summarize it. Blah blah you guys are cool. Blah blah it's been a fun year. Blah blah even though I've been here for only a couple months. Blah blah here's to next year. Blah blah Ow the edge. Blah blah Falsmashriverrockraccooniintendospiidenvyfrostwrailusivetranscendrysiromaderdero5strangerwampasaurffamruckleadtokiyosholfie---Amone the ninja & knuckles bros. blah blah gifs blah blah nobody cares blah blah bleh blub blub blah happy new thig blah blah you guys are great, hope you have great New Years blah blah losin control blah blah blargg888.

TL DR: Mobile sucks, so here's Sanae's theme instead.
Happy New Years everybody.
Still waiting on that prank @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂

Morbi

Scavenger
I should've known better than to ask here for help. The Unhappy thread's hostile, this thread's hostile, I did something incredibly stupid to get me banned from the only decent site I've ever been to...

I have no idea what you are on about, friend; however, you did not really ask for help on this page, maybe I missed it on the last page?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The thing is, we can't give you help for depression. I know what the other site is, we've spoken there before. That said, you need real help from a Therapist/Psychiatrist. This place will never be good enough. You need someone you can trust, and that won't be everyone on here.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

well no we arent hostile at all. Maybe it is best you cool off first, take deep breaths, take a nice warm bath~ We do want you to be ok and happy, even if we at like idiots sometimes

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Don't say that. Just put Morbid on ignore if he (or she...) is bothering you that much. To answer your question, I think that despite what everyone says about playing Smash, you should ignore them and play the way you enjoy. For years, I played Brawl with mini, stamina, projectile items, and fixed camera for 3 straight years before I discovered the competitive scene. To this day, I still play my old way whenever I get bored of 1v1s.
I better be on another part. *prepares lasso*

Morbi

Scavenger
Welp. It's almost midnight here in New South Westorth Floridohivaniachusettslandwaremont Islandginialinagiabamaine. So I'd like to say some things to all of you.
I WOULD like to say some things, but mobile SB sucks all of the everything, and sometimes makes my phone slow/crash. Yes. It's that bad.
So, I'll just summarize it. Blah blah you guys are cool. Blah blah it's been a fun year. Blah blah even though I've been here for only a couple months. Blah blah here's to next year. Blah blah Ow the edge. Blah blah Falsmashriverrockraccooniintendospiidenvyfrostwrailusivetranscendrysiromaderdero5strangerwampasaurffamruckleadtokiyosholfie---Amone the ninja & knuckles bros. blah blah gifs blah blah nobody cares blah blah bleh blub blub blah happy new thig blah blah you guys are great, hope you have great New Years blah blah losin control blah blah blargg888.

I know just how difficult mobile is to use properly. It is the thought that counts anyways, Blargg888. I hope you have an even better Happy New Years than myself.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The thing is, we can't give you help for depression. I know what the other site is, we've spoken there before. That said, you need real help from a Therapist/Psychiatrist. This place will never be good enough. You need someone you can trust, and that won't be everyone on here.
I don't have a therapist/psychiatrist. I will never have access to a therapist/psychiatrist. I have to take what I can get.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Don't say that. Just put Morbid on ignore if he (or she...) is bothering you that much. To answer your question, I think that despite what everyone says about playing Smash, you should ignore them and play the way you enjoy. For years, I played Brawl with mini, stamina, projectile items, and fixed camera for 3 straight years before I discovered the competitive scene. To this day, I still play my old way whenever I get bored of 1v1s.

I better be on another part. *prepares lasso*
You are, dude. I just have to find that post I remember

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I'm being f***ing serious. Get an Ouya. Like if you get an Xbone rather than an Ouya then I don't know what you're doing with your life.

Also are we seriously fighting about what Bubblehead Potato said in that interview? This isn't anything new so why are we fighting over it? It seems nobody has really challenged him face to face on this topic and the way ZeRo won the invitational is just all the more proof why he doesn't see competitive Smash as worth it. He can make it, but that quite frankly isn't Nintendo's business pattern--not just with Smash but with EVERY first party game. Mario and Zelda games have been made more casual friendly and look no further than the wii for that business model.

WE made Smash into a competitive game--not them. We did. Meaning we can make any smash game into a competitive game--no matter what he says. Smash is versatile that way. You wanna play with just Meta Knight and Pokeballs and Smart Bombs? Sure. If Brawl could be made into a competitive fighting game (with some controversy), any Smash could. They have no power to what we do with the game--even if it wasn't meant solely for competitive play.

/rant

considering a pc? get an ouya instead, loser ;)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

You see I spent most of my money on LittleBigPlanet3, Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, some albums and some plushies. So in other words I'll get around to it.
Main reason I don't frequent here as much is because mobile Smashboards is crap, at least someone else notices.
@Warchamp7 @Warchamp7 @Warchamp7
Oh wait Dragon Ball Xenoverse is coming out soon awwww ye

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't have a therapist/psychiatrist. I will never have access to a therapist/psychiatrist. I have to take what I can get.
In that event, find someone on here that you trust, send them a PM and resolve your issues as best you can. There are certainly people here who have gone through similar problems. I helped my sister out of her depression with the help of handy dandy medication. The key is talking about it, getting to the very real and specific issues. A public site riddled with trolls, such as myself, is not going to help. But there are still people here that can help if you will let them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If it is money I can undrstand that. I dont have the money to get one also x.x it sucks

there really should be an 18 + thread on this forum where all of the adults could go

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't know how you couldn't have access to one. That said, see what you can find, and if anything, I suggest finding someone on here you can trust. The general forums are not a good place for major advice. Talk to a person that's a friend on here. One that isn't going to laugh or yell at you. A Moderator in someone you should be able to trust just fine. Just ask one that you feel you're on good terms with. :)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't even know, I just came across it randomly one day and seeing that avi reminded me.
What a coincidence, eh? *cue M. Night Shyamalan "what a twist" sound clip*

At least you lash out and express yourself - I just shut down and become a machine. What is better, friend, a human or a machine? After all, a man is only a miserable little pile of secrets, but a machine is worst. A machine is cold, unfeeling, lost, dead. A machine lacks passion, drive, motivation. A machine can destroy, but it cannot hate. A machine can create, but it cannot love. A machine, my friend, is the living dead - a parody of humankind's attempt to recreate life. A machine has no rights nor has it any crimes. A machine is the lack of spirit, heart, and nature. A machine can think, but it cannot feel. A machine acts, but it cannot decide. A machine, for the lack of a better word, is worthless.

Hey, Obo-sama! Depression! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *looks at clock* Damn it, I'm early by about 3 hours...

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't want to to touch you too much baby
Cause making love to you might drive me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom