• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So it's almost one hour left for 2015. Let's get on to the false hype train! Then once it's early January I can watch the boring CES show and months later watch the hype-worthy E3 expo.

The Hype You Guys!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You see I spent most of my money on LittleBigPlanet3, Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, some albums and some plushies. So in other words I'll get around to it.
Main reason I don't frequent here as much is because mobile Smashboards is crap, at least someone else notices.
@Warchamp7 @Warchamp7 @Warchamp7
Oh wait Dragon Ball Xenoverse is coming out soon awwww ye
Just to make sure, you realize that he second that you said you would prank me, you make yourself completely committed and now you can never look back, For I will be behind you, a smug *******-ish smile on my face, making sure that you NEVER forget. Right?
Jus makin sur

Morbi

Scavenger
If it is money I can undrstand that. I dont have the money to get one also x.x it sucks

there really should be an 18 + thread on this forum where all of the adults could go
Nah, there would still be childish eighteen plus members, myself included. Age does not determine maturity; albeit, I am more mature in real life, but get me behind a computer screen? Haha... I love the internet.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
>Ouya launches in 2013
>Julie Uhrman says Ouya (the company) would make a new console in 2014 (as in smartphone / tablet / PC releases every year)
>No new console shown

Osborne effect takes over.. ?
Pshhhhh you know why they didn't show a new console?

Because it would blow our brains out. The ouya was so under appreciated but they knew the true power that system held. Believe me I know the true power of an Ouya and the release or even REVEAL of one would cause mass hysteria to the point where whole governments would shut down because they would all be camping at the store for its release.

That's the power of Ouya baby!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Just to make sure, you realize that he second that you said you would prank me, you make yourself completely committed and now you can never look back, For I will be behind you, a smug *******-ish smile on my face, making sure that you NEVER forget. Right?
Jus makin sur
Oh I'm gonna prank you XD
After I order dat Link amiibo

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
there really should be an 18 + thread on this forum where all of the adults could go
The General R34 Thread was my idea.
SmashBoards has to keep their family friendly image.

You know, like Nintendo.

With Bayonetta.

Not to 2015 yet, but hurrah for Rayman's 20th anniversary!

Sakurai, why is he here? Can he be DLC? Please Sakurai, do it for him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm being f***ing serious. Get an Ouya. Like if you get an Xbone rather than an Ouya then I don't know what you're doing with your life.

Also are we seriously fighting about what Bubblehead Potato said in that interview? This isn't anything new so why are we fighting over it? It seems nobody has really challenged him face to face on this topic and the way ZeRo won the invitational is just all the more proof why he doesn't see competitive Smash as worth it. He can make it, but that quite frankly isn't Nintendo's business pattern--not just with Smash but with EVERY first party game. Mario and Zelda games have been made more casual friendly and look no further than the wii for that business model.

WE made Smash into a competitive game--not them. We did. Meaning we can make any smash game into a competitive game--no matter what he says. Smash is versatile that way. You wanna play with just Meta Knight and Pokeballs and Smart Bombs? Sure. If Brawl could be made into a competitive fighting game (with some controversy), any Smash could. They have no power to what we do with the game--even if it wasn't meant solely for competitive play.

/rant

considering a pc? get an ouya instead, loser ;)
Well, because of how languages work and because people are idiots, they take one sentence and turn it into a dumbfest. Dude, people made Mario Party competitive. Rock, Paper, and Scissors have been taken to competitions. Anything can be made competitive like golf. Ooo, I went there. :p

I think Sakurai doesn't want to turn SSB into something like League of Legends, DOTA, etc. Street Fighter is competitive, but people still play it normally and for fun, but LoL has gotten so toxic over the years that playing for fun requires that you have friends so you can mess around with or risk getting banned because you're a noob, scrub, or cheater since people get so butthurt so easily.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai, why is he here? Can he be DLC? Please Sakurai, do it for him.
Oh yeah, Rayman is also 20 next year.
Sheesh, everything turns 20 in 2015. :troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The General R34 Thread was my idea.
SmashBoards has to keep their family friendly image.

You know, like Nintendo.

With Bayonetta.

Sakurai, why is he here? Can he be DLC? Please Sakurai,do it for him.
I still can't believe they screwed up his trophy information. His first appearance was NOT Origins. That wasn't even his first appearance on a Nintendo console! I mean, if they got Snake's debut game right...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I still can't believe they screwed up his trophy information. His first appearance was NOT Origins. That wasn't even his first appearance on a Nintendo console! I mean, if they got Snake's debut game right...
It didn't state his debut game, it just listed two games that he appeared in.

Were he playable, his first game would be listed as such.

So clearly he needs to be playable so this information will be correct.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, because of how languages work and because people are idiots, they take one sentence and turn it into a dumbfest. Dude, people made Mario Party competitive. Rock, Paper, and Scissors have been taken to competitions. Anything can be made competitive like golf. Ooo, I went there. :p

I think Sakurai doesn't want to turn SSB into something like League of Legends, DOTA, etc. Street Fighter is competitive, but people still play it normally and for fun, but LoL has gotten so toxic over the years that playing for fun requires that you have friends so you can mess around with or risk getting banned because you're a noob, scrub, or cheater since people get so butthurt so easily.
Are you down-playing the sheer mind-games involved with rock-paper-scissors? Honestly, it is just making you look like a scrub.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So!

You guys know what else is happening in 58 mins?

Morbi

Scavenger
It's the year 2015 and we're all gonna die.

We better grab some water and hide in our bunkers.
I am still waiting for the year of 1220. The Mayans just got the digits confused, but they were right though. Master speculators they were, doomsday they predicted.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm legitimately sorry you listen to def leopard.
In all seriousness if you're into heavy metal, their first album is definitely metal. High N' Dry is grittier and heavier at times...yet more hard rock..if that makes any sense. Pyromania is kind of a transition and Hysteria where that song is from is hard rock/almost pop rock.

But their earliest stuff stands as metal along with Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Venom, Samson, etc. Not as heavy as Venom obviously, but still good. Also most of Venom's stuff is like a self-parody of what black and death metal would become. Some great riffs and energy though.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isn't his physical design based upon Origins? If that's the case, they got nothing wrong. See my paragraph below for exactly why it makes sense.

I always took it that Trophies mentioned what their physical appearance is based upon more than their debut game. Pokemon Trainer(based upon Red's overall design) clearly debuted in Pokemon Red/Blue for American shores. FireRed/LeafGreen is where his specific design comes from.

D

Deleted member

I am still waiting for the year of 1220. The Mayans just got the digits confused, but they were right though. Master speculators they were, doomsday they predicted.
Nah, the world did end 2 years ago. We were all reborn and came back in a different way but that left us with a great escape depression. :(

Grass

Smash Lord
I think I'm the last of us, and even I don't touch too much after Hysteria.

In all seriousness if you're into heavy metal, their first two albums are definitely metal. Pyromania is kind of a transition and Hysteria where that song is from is hard rock/almost pop rock rock.

But their earliest stuff stands as metal along with Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Venom, Samson, etc.
Guns and Roses did everything better.

Morbi

Scavenger
In all seriousness if you're into heavy metal, their first albums is definitely metal. High N' Dry is grittiergrittier and heavier at times...yet more hard rock..if that makes any sense. Pyromania is kind of a transition and Hysteria where that song is from is hard rock/almost pop rock rock.

But their earliest stuff stands as metal along with Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Venom, Samson, etc. Not as heavy as Venom obviously, but still good.
I do not trust you at all... I am going to have to investigate myself. I have never been a Def Leppard fan because I was operating under the assumption that they were more Rock than Heavy Metal. But... comparing them to Venom? Bruh... I am going to have to check out their earlier stuff.

D

Deleted member

Everything changed when everyone died. :p
It was like that one 2012 film directed by Roland Emmerich, except that there were no disasters. We instead changed our personalities and what not to match the resetting of the Mayan calendar. And thus that's why, we, the humans, thought the world was going to end that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom