• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, a Japanese game has jiggle physics in a female character's boobs. How surprising. :smirk:
Right, remember when we had Madame Flurrie in Paper Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door? Yeah, it's nothing really shocking.

And everyone's favorite waifu Lyn also had a bit of jiggle in her when executing a critical attack. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can't say she's sexualized per se. Wait 'till they have "Super Mario Bros: Bikini Edition".
Indeed, the only Nintendo characters we can truly call sexualized are Samus Aran, Tecmo's rendition of Momosame, half of the Fire Emblem female cast, the female Kid Icarus cast sans Viridi, Syrenne from Last Story, and Seven from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can't say she's sexualized per se. Wait 'till they have "Super Mario Bros: Bikini Edition".
Nah, how about Super Smash Bros. Xtreme Beach Volleyball? Featuring Shulk and Zero Suit Samus in their alt costumes.

Oh, and jiggle physics for all female characters. Co-developed by Team Ninja.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nah, how about Super Smash Bros. Xtreme Beach Volleyball? Featuring Shulk and Zero Suit Samus in their alt costumes.

10/10 would pre-order.

Or just wait for the inevitable Smash 4 mods.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Indeed, the only Nintendo characters we can truly call sexualized are Samus Aran, Tecmo's rendition of Momosame, half of the Fire Emblem female cast, the female Kid Icarus cast sans Viridi, Syrenne from Last Story, and Seven from Xenoblade Chronicles.
Seven? Really? I'd have said Riki first.:denzel:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Indeed, the only Nintendo characters we can truly call sexualized are Samus Aran, Tecmo's rendition of Momosame, half of the Fire Emblem female cast, Syrenne from Last Story, and Seven from Xenoblade Chronicles.
If I can be honest, the idea of Samus being sexualized has always irked me. Because to me she's never really been that way. Sure, she's exposed skin. But that alone isn't really sexualization, just skin. If we were going to call her out for showing some midriff or cleavage alone, then we might as well call everyone else who has ever done it in any media form (and if you want to go to extremes, those of real life as well) as sexualized or objectifies themselves regardless of if they really deserve the claim.

Sorry for the rant, it's just been a pet peeve of mine for a while.

Water slide or bust.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Add Pit in without his tunic, but only his undergarment on. He could be potentially amazing that way too.
:4pit:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Really? Although her design may be normal, her very existence is...well...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Jiggle physics for :4wario2:'s boobs plz

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
How Samus ans Seven, Viridi is sexualized? I don't see it at all

D

Deleted member

I don't know what the Nintendo NX is, but this is sounding like it's going to be the next "third pillar" system or something. Saw the news article on the SB homepage.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I hope the NX is something to link the 3DS with the Wii U and not a new platform.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
If I can be honest, the idea of Samus being sexualized has always irked me. Because to me she's never really been that way. Sure, she's exposed skin. But that alone isn't really sexualization, just skin. If we were going to call her out for showing some midriff or cleavage alone, then we might as well call everyone else who has ever done it in any media form (and if you want to go to extremes, those of real life as well) as sexualized or objectifies themselves regardless of if they really deserve the claim.
Fanboys need any excuse to fap to their respective 'sexy' characters.

What? Samus' exposed calf? Where's the Strawberry scented lotion? :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Seven I can semi-agree with. While like I mentioned in my Samus rant that it takes more than just skin to be call "objectified", it's not like I don't understand where their coming from. Hell, I kept making a joke to myself that her navel is some kind to exhaust pipe (or has some "magical" power to it), because the devs love to expose it. And there's even equipment which covers up her body except the navel (and a small area around and above it, but still).

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Guess who made a Latin sentence based around Captain Falcon kneeing a fighter? :falconmelee:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Samus: Skin tight suit, has tons of fanboys, sexy voice, her other suitless outfits bare midriff, some people do have that blonde fetish, one Smash cutscene did focus on her butt, and then there's her "larger" appearance in Other M.

Seven: Several of her model forms do bare skin in some areas (especially the cleavage), she's pretty busty in her original form already, note the type of pose that she's doing in her Homs trophy, the exposed naval in her original form, and some do have that female British accent fetish.

As for the Viridi part, I meant EVERY KI female minus Viridi would be considered sexualized.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope the NX is something to link the 3DS with the Wii U and not a new platform.
It's probably a new platform, according to what they've been saying. I don't understand why a new system gets to be announced so soon, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Saturn-Dreamcast scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, I wouldn't call Viridi sexualized as nothing about the character really feels like they're using her for fanservice.

While I wouldn't call Samus' earlier depictions too sexualized for the same reasons MisterVideoGaming said, she has been sexualized recently with games like Other M having her fall into the Male Gaze.

Can't speak for Seven though as I only watched a walkthrough of it recently.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It's probably a new platform, according to what they've been saying. I don't understand why a new system gets to be announced so soon, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Saturn-Dreamcast scenario.
I hoping it's something like the Vita TV and not a brand new console. I'm going to be really salty if it is a new console.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Sorry for the rant, it's just been a pet peeve of mine for a while.
I heard that Samus's clothes were supposed to shred in a game over in Super, along with a Bayonetty scream.

...Is DYK Gaming trustworthy? Kinda watched like all of 'em the other day. :bee:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Samus: Skin tight suit, has tons of fanboys, sexy voice, her other suitless outfits bare midriff, some people do have that blonde fetish, one Smash cutscene did focus on her butt, and then there's her "larger" appearance in Other M.

Seven: Several of her model forms do bare skin in some areas (especially the cleavage), she's pretty buster in her original form already, note the type of pose that she's doing in her Homs trophy, and some do have that female British accent fetish.
I do want to say this.
I can't say if people liking blonds could be considering "sexualizing". I mean, people have a fetish for everything. So I can't say that should be mark against her.
Same with Seven's British accent. It's really because of the localization being in Europe. And even then, it's an accent; we all have them. Thus, I see no reason to put that against her.

I heard that Samus's clothes were supposed to shred in a game over in Super, along with a Bayonetty scream.

...Is DYK Gaming trustworthy? Kinda watched like all of 'em the other day. :bee:
To be fair, there is an emphasis on "were". If they did it, then maybe I can see otherwise, but as of right now I don't.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While I wouldn't call Samus' earlier depictions sexualized for the same reasons MisterVideoGaming said, she has been somewhat sexualized recently with games like Other M having her fall into the Male Gaze from time to time.
I used the word sans as in minus, so Viridi is nothing in comparison to Palutena and the other goddesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom