• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I hoping it's something like the Vita TV and not a brand new console. I'm going to be really salty if it is a new console.
it's a new video game console, Kikki. It's like a third pillar. Just like how GBA, GameCube, and DS were back in 2004.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I heard that Samus's clothes were supposed to shred in a game over in Super, along with a Bayonetty scream.

...Is DYK Gaming trustworthy? Kinda watched like all of 'em the other day. :bee:
I'm not sure about the shredding, but the scream was confirmed in an interview for Super Metroid as they were planning on doing it, but it was cut for being too sultry. It should still be on the Metroid Database, though I can't look at the moment due to school.

I used the word sans as in minus, so Viridi is nothing in comparison to Palutena and the other goddesses.
Oh sorry, I must've missed that.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If I can be honest, the idea of Samus being sexualized has always irked me. Because to me she's never really been that way. Sure, she's exposed skin. But that alone isn't really sexualization, just skin. If we were going to call her out for showing some midriff or cleavage alone, then we might as well call everyone else who has ever done it in any media form (and if you want to go to extremes, those of real life as well) as sexualized or objectifies themselves regardless of if they really deserve the claim.
Sorry for the rant, it's just been a pet peeve of mine for a while.
Water slide or bust.
I disagree. Samus is very much a sexualized character. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing in her case, but...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finding a character that looks and sounds like she's 12 attractive is beyond me. :pow:
That is a good thing. No one should be, not even other 12 year olds. But some people are not normal.

Also, Viridi is an annoying character anyways.

What kind of person gets attracted to amimu characters on a screen in the first place? :troll:
I don't know for sure. But the answer may surprise you.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Finding a character that looks and sounds like she's 12 attractive is beyond me. :pow:
Sssshhhhhhh, you don't want to upset the lolicons while they are here. After all, they consider justice (flat chests) the master race over plot (big boobs). :troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
What is it with this game and reads? This is a far cry from the days where all you had to do was spam Uthrow and Reflector while darting around like an idiot to create the illusion of nonexistent "strategy" in order to be competent.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know how that would surprise me, I like animu characters on screens.
Meh.

...And Viridi.
That's fine with me. But I personally found the character to be annoying.

There's no such thing as "normal" when every person is different.
I suppose. But there's plenty of common traits that nearly all people have, hence why something is "normal". Liking "animu" is one thing, that's just liking cartoons. The people who want to marry 2-D characters is a whole different can of worms, since that's taking a love for something to an extreme.

Like the guy who will fight you for not liking his sports teams. Even though that ***** is in a different city and should know that every other ***** is gonna probably like the local team.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It could be worse, like going back into the ever controversial yaoi subject. Though I honestly don't mind the mild material.
What's funny is that the movie that gif is from is pretty much a gold mine for implied yaoi.
I suppose. But there's plenty of common traits that nearly all people have, hence why something is "normal". Liking "animu" is one thing, that's just liking cartoons. The people who want to marry 2-D characters is a whole different can of worms, since that's taking a love for something to an extreme. Like the guy who will fight you for not liking his sports teams.
About as bad as ostracizing someone as a person for enjoying something different.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What is it with this game and reads? This is a far cry from the days where all you had to do was spam Uthrow and Reflector while darting around like an idiot to create the illusion of nonexistent "strategy" in order to be competent.
You mean reads are a new thing in Smash!? :eek:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What's funny is that the movie that gif is from is pretty much a gold mine for implied yaoi.
I didn't surprise me when both main characters were originally going to be bisexual until they had to be toned down for a family audience.

They should probably consider doing a CGI reboot with the original idea so that it can open a door for even more hilarious adult jokes. :awesome:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

About as bad as ostracizing someone as a person for enjoying something different.
Like I said, it's perfectly fine to like just about anything. So long as one isn't obsessive about it. If you think I'm trying to ostracize you for liking something different, then I'm sorry I gave off that impression.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Now that I have your attention, does anyone have a favorite fictional character that they admire?

D

Deleted member

I was thinking "Bowser will give you Tuberculous if you don't have a star to steal from 10". It's really catchy, no?
"Bowser breaks into your house and holds you at gunpoint for your stars" has a better ring to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Good morning all.

So what are ya'll talking about as it stands right now?
The most important subject of today is the announcement of a new dedicated game system in development by Nintendo, codenamed "NX", and making games on smart devices with DeNA. :troll:

As for the Social Thread, nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom