• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Let's end this discussion on mobile games and move onto those upcoming ones.

This is supposed to be coming out in May.
Yes yes, Splatoon is looking amazing and I've been following the news on the official tumblr. I would love to see more information on...in a you know...in a direct...Still waiting Nintendo.

Also Inkling for Smash.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nowadays, most of the casual crowd doesn't care about dedicated video game systems and plays mostly on smartphones and similar stuff. Truth is that video game consoles are slowly becoming a niche market.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You only tend to find the bad stuff on either of those if you dig deep, but mobile games are a bit saturated with bad cashgrab games.
If there's anything I've learned from Jim Sterling, it's that no. There's easily more crap on Steam then there are gold.
And with consoles, you yourself have seen it. With the Sonic Booms and Assassin Creed Unities. Even AAA developers can still suck as much as a couple guys making a mobile game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there's anything I've learned from Jim Sterling, it's that no. There's easily more crap on Steam then there are gold.
And with consoles, you yourself have seen it. With the Sonic Booms and Assassin Creed Unities. Even AAA developers can still suck as much as a couple guys making a mobile game.
Well I can't argue with that. And there is a lot of trash on Steam, but that's mostly because Valve's quality screening is about as existent as Tommy Wiseu's acting skills. I'm just trying to say that on Steam that you usually don't find a lot of that stuff unless you actually search for it, but I do agree that most AAA devs haven't been doing very hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

_gold_

Smash Master
Yes yes, Splatoon is looking amazing and I've been following the news on the official tumblr. I would love to see more information on...in a you know...in a direct...Still waiting Nintendo.

Also Inkling for Smash.
Don't mind me. Just sitting here, waiting for the Yoshi Wholly World game for about 3 years now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Obviously this is an outside company developing the games and it will be more like an advertising platform for real Nintendo games, but it's important to remember that Iwata doesn't stand by his word. He claimed he did at the press conference referencing some quotes about using smart devices as advertising platforms, claims he made in 2014, but it's important to remember as recently as 2013:

Basically, if you're going to change your position, don't waste time at a press conference pretending you didn't lie. I understand business dynamics change but you cannot lie to me, based Iwata. He does it with early software droughts every generation too. It seems very out of character since he's such an awesome guy.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Nintendo is going turbo, eh? Since the mobile devices arguably stole their casual audience these days, them going mobile while doing video game software is a great move from a financial standpoint.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Finally a title I can relate to... especially when it comes from a good show. And remember, it's the day of the green, and my Pally avy has green hair, so... I'm safe.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hm. Can Nintendo advertise the Wii U and 3DS in smartphone games?

Doubt we're ever going to see big games on 'em though. The best stuff will probably be ports of games like MvDK, Kirby Canvas Curse and Mass Attack, and Nintendogs. And maybe NES game revivals.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
As much as I love Tanooki Mario, I gotta say that DLC Pack 1 was a perfect chance for EXCITEBIKER and Captain Falcon.
Opportunity Wasted.
:4pacman:

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Let change the subject on:
How MP10 digs the franchise own grave.
or
How Volvo lack of communication is digging TF2 grave.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even if TF2 is dying development-wise it was going strong for 7 years. That's more than a lot of games can say.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Even if TF2 is dying development wise it was going strong for 7 years. That's more than a lot of games can say.
TF2 already died 3 times before its release,after that died on consols,and after that died because it couldn't hold a small community so tried to appeal the masses,TF2 died on competitive aspects,and now is dying on what it's left,overwatch will just get the process quicker...
"But it's around 7 years"
Travian is around 10 years and nobody remember that game anymore...

D

Deleted member

TF2 already died 3 times before its release,after that died on consols,and after that died because it couldn't hold a small community so tried to appeal the masses,TF2 died on competitive aspects,and now is dying on what it's left,overwatch will just get the process quicker...
"But it's around 7 years"
Travian is around 10 years and nobody remember that game anymore...
I honestly doubt TF2 is going anywhere in the long term. It's still in the top 3 played games on Steam consistently despite development being more or less on life support, and there are very few FPS games on the market that have the same Quake-style gameplay that TF2 does, even Overwatch doesn't have a lot of the same elements.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I honestly doubt TF2 is going anywhere in the long term. It's still in the top 3 played games on Steam consistently despite development being more or less on life support, and there are very few FPS games on the market that have the same Quake-style gameplay that TF2 does, even Overwatch doesn't have a lot of the same elements.
My only problem is that TF2 relies on the community not competitive aspects like Dota 2 or CS:GO,when instead of a hype train you give them rubber ducks,then we got a problem...

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just made the strangest discovery.

Daisy's MP10 Model has Jigglebones on her chest.
But the other princess' don't.

What and Why.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
My only problem is that TF2 relies on the community not competitive aspects like Dota 2 or CS:GO,when instead of a hype train you give them rubber ducks,then we got a problem...
Not just any ducks! BONUS DUCKS!

D

Deleted member

My only problem is that TF2 relies on the community not competitive aspects like Dota 2 or CS:GO,when instead of a train you give them ducks,then we got a problem...
That is true, but it's pretty obvious that Valve has no plans to support TF2 competitively (even though it probably deserves it). Though even Dota is on the decline recently, due to the oversaturation of minor tournaments and the only Major being The International. CS:GO is faring better, but it's also the only truly supported competitive FPS on the market and it has little to no competition in that area.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Let change the subject on:
How MP10 digs the franchise own grave.
or
1. Mario Party won't die anytime soon. Mario Party 10 isn't THAT bad and Nintendo can easily just get some other people to work on 11 or a handheld spin-off. If you don't like what 10 is, then don't but it and maybe 11 will have the traditional (and stale) gameplay you like, whilst I and many others will buy 10 and enjoy it for what it is. It's not like the series has ever been excellent, just a unique and fun multiplayer game.
2. Never played TF2 though I plan to in the future.

Strofirko

Smash Master
1. Mario Party won't die anytime soon. Mario Party 10 isn't THAT bad and Nintendo can easily just get some other people to work on 11 or a handheld spin-off. If you don't like what 10 is, then don't but it and maybe 11 will have the traditional (and stale) gameplay you like, whilst I and many others will buy 10 and enjoy it for what it is. It's not like the series has ever been excellent, just a unique and fun multiplayer game.
Agreed,but my major gripe is that they can't establish a solid audience.

D

Deleted member

Whatever.

And why is that?
I just think that (having a raid at the last day of the year) is a great idea. My old group of chatters raided several Xat chatboxes just for the fun of it. That's how 2011 ended for me.. virtually.

I have no idea why is mobile automatically changing the size of my text.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just made the strangest discovery.

Daisy's MP10 Model has Jigglebones on her chest.
But the other princess' don't.

What and Why.
Not a surprise, jiggle physics had happened in other titles before. Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, and a few others.

Either way, they are probably sexualizing her more like what happened in Strikers Charged so that more people would like her. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom