• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Nintendo making mobile games? No thank you, they should be to make the Wii U better and making games for that system not mobile games. I feel like I'm being ripoff for buying a Wii U.:glare:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Codename STEAM is starting to get frustrating... If you don't beat a map really fast reinforcements start showing up constantly and then the alien turns take forever! Their turn took 1 minutes 28 seconds.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Nintendo making mobile games? No thank you, they should be to make the Wii U better and making games for that system not mobile games. I feel like I'm being ripoff for buying a Wii U.:glare:
i'm very worried about this
Whose dumb idea was it for Nintendo to be making mobile games? That's so stupid!
And it sounds like the Nintendo NX might not have physical media:

I am so salty it's not even funny, I hate mobile games.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nintendo is making a new console already? And they're making phone games?

I really hope the NX isn't Nintendo's Dreamcast...

I guess we could see Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale soon unless M$ gobbles up Nintendo like they did with Rare.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I feel mobile games are awesome if done correctly
There's just a stigma that surrounds mobile gaming because there's a ton of **** like Candy Crush
But there are tons of gems as well
Look at the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy Ports, GTA ports, Infinity Blade, Monument Valley, XCOM ports, Street Fighter ports, Bug Heroes, Oceanhorn, Badlands, etc.
:happysheep:

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I never mentioned this, but I was somehow able to preorder a gamecube adapter from Gamestop on Friday.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I can see why people wouldn't want Nintendo to get into mobile games but this could be alright, Nintendo's got great quality. And if anyone could make good mobile games, it's Nintendo.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I can actually imagine Eustace saying the thread title, then doing this:

"Stupid Dog, you make me look bad!"

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I can see why people wouldn't want Nintendo to get into mobile games but this could be alright, Nintendo's got great quality. And if anyone could make good mobile games, it's Nintendo.
The can go mobile after they put games on the console I paid for, so I can feel the console was worth the price, The Wii U game flow already sucks I don't want it to be worst than it's now.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
You know, on second thought, if Nintendo did something like EA did with "The Simpsons Tapped Out," that would be really awesome.
Hell nah freemium games, with waits and timers are why mobile games are mostly ****
I don't want Nintendo (or any publisher/company) walk down that path
The day I have to pay 99 cents for my pokemon to heal faster is the day I quit gaming
It's funny that you could bash mobile gaming then praise the worst game in that genre lmfao

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The can go mobile after they put games on the console I paid for, so I can feel the console was worth the price, The Wii U game flow already sucks I don't want it to be worst than it's now.
Though it's not like they're going to drop everything to focus exclusively on mobile games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You guys do realize that one can make a decent mobile game right? It's not like they're all bad and you should feel bad for liking them.

_gold_

Smash Master
In all seriousness, mobile games were actually pretty good at one point. Games like Monster Island, Doodle Jump, Pocket God, Zombieville USA; you just don't see creative, unique app games like that anymore. Go onto the Apple store/Play store now, and all you'll find are games about fruit and those terrible "free to play" games. They just suck now.
It's unfortunate that Nintendo has to enter the mobile game business, but at least we'll see some creativity for once.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
In all seriousness, mobile games were actually pretty good at one point. Games like Monster Island, Doodle Jump, Pocket God, Zombieville USA; you just don't see creative, unique app games like that anymore. Go onto the Apple store/Play store now, and all you'll find are games about fruit and those terrible "free to play" games. They just suck now.
It's unfortunate that Nintendo has to enter the mobile game business, but at least we'll see some creativity for once.
There's good mobile games :v
It's just like 75:25 (bad games to good games)
Everyone wants to make money off freemium games :b

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Though it's not like they're going to drop everything to focus exclusively on mobile games.
I never said they was going drop all their exclusive games, but going to shift their focus, they already putting the Wii U on the back burner for the 3DS and it they make mobile games Wii U owners are going to get even less. I already feel like they forgot about the Wii U because of the poor sales and the lack of games. They haven't did anything to fix that. I feel they just making mobile games to just get out of a hole the put themselves in.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Lol, imagine if microtransactions made their way to SmashBo
You ran out of text space! You have used 1 of your 1 replies available. Pay $0,99 for more or wait 3643820 days to post another reply!

_gold_

Smash Master
You ran out of text space! You have used 1 of your 1 replies available. Pay $0,99 for more or wait 3643820 days to post another reply!
Nintendo would never do that. That's not how run things.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So ALL Nintendo IP is elligible for moblie games.
How would people feel if certain franchises got revived as mobile games?
Revived isn't a fitting word to be honest. Most of the games could easily be short simple minigames. The only one who could really be revived would probably be Game & Watch.

Whose dumb idea was it for Nintendo to be making mobile games? That's so stupid!
And it sounds like the Nintendo NX might not have physical media:

I am so salty it's not even funny, I hate mobile games.
Firstly, this being handled by a different company, so they still have as much work on the wii u as before. Nintendo isn't the one who is essentially making it. They may offer a few people of the Nintendo family to help work on it, but thats probably it.

Second, they have been mentioning mobile games for a while. They said they were planning an "advertising" type strategy where the smartphones games would make you want to buy a Nintendo console/handheld. So you guys probably aren't missing much.

Third, it doesn't matter what anyone here thinks of mobile games, these games were designed for the mobile game audience who don't own a wii u or 3ds. We can all whine and complain all we want, but in the end, this could be a serious moneymaker.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

$1.99 per stock. All Smash tournaments are decided by who has more money in their checking account

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Smash Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends, and Wind Waker HD. And then we got upcoming Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and an open-world Legend of Zelda. And more I didn't even list.

I didn't even own that many games on my GameCube.

I get your frustration but I don't think we can say the Wii U doesn't have good game flow any more.

Let's end this discussion on mobile games and move onto those upcoming ones.

This is supposed to be coming out in May.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Nintendo would never do that. That's not how run things.
Of course they wouldn't. I was just joking. Also, I was joking about SmashBoards.
Well, let's hope they wouldn't.
I paid 99 cents for this extra text space and reply too.
That was also a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom