• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
She's from Kancolle. While not the one pictured, I'd say Kongou is best girl/ship in Kancolle. :p

Still, I'm not obsessed enough with 2D girls to call any of them a waifu.
Don't know much about Kantai Collection. Maybe I'll check it out. It seems to be another girl centric thing like Touhou.

:231:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
God damnit, I didn't pick that up and I just submitted my contact thing to mynintendo news :(
Ah well lol :p
Here's the section regarding it, if you're interested.

Nintendo, together with DeNA, will jointly develop a new membership service which encompasses the existing Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, the new hardware system with a brand-new concept, NX, and smart devices and PCs, and Nintendo will be the primary party to operate this new membership service.

Unlike the Club Nintendo membership service that Nintendo has been operating, the new membership service will include multiple devices and create a connection between Nintendo and each individual consumer regardless of the device the consumer uses. This membership will form one of the core elements of the new Nintendo platform that I just mentioned.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I watch one tv show and I find all this Nintendo and DeNA stuff.
I've got some reading to do.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Its the worst when waiting for a game to release and especially when its soon-ish. This results in me not knowing what to play in the meantime even though I got things to play! The urge to play a game that is not out yet really kills the drive to play other things for some reason.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I watch one tv show and I find all this Nintendo and DeNa stuff.
I've got some reading to do
The Social Thread finally has something to talk about and all the YANKEES are in bed!

Just us exotic folk online at the moment. All four of us.

Radical Beam breaking the news.

Reporter Beam.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So ALL Nintendo IP is elligible for moblie games.
How would people feel if certain franchises got revived as mobile games?

D

Deleted member

Its the worst when waiting for a game to release and especially when its soon-ish. This results in me not knowing what to play in the meantime even though I got things to play! The urge to play a game that is not out yet really kills the drive to play other things for some reason.
Join the club, Bloodborne and the Borderlands campaign DLC come out in a week and the wait is killing me.
Oh boy here we go, fanboys will start rioting because smartphones and tablets >_>
Can't say it's not smart though (I MADE A PUN). Other companies have been doing the same and it can prove profitable in some cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Looks like Nintendo begins to aknowledge that we're in the 21st century.

The question now is : do they take the right path ?

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Wow what great news. Even if they only release so-so quality games on mobile devices, being able to play Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Metroid, F-Zero, MOTHER PLZ OMG NINTENDO amongst others on my IPad is really cool. It's about time as well that Nintendo got with the programme as far as online accounts are concerned, PSN dwarfs what Nintendo has/had, hopefully this new one can compete, we all know only too well that they have the IPs to sustain a multi-plat subscription service. Although, surprisingly, the one part I am most unsure about is NX. I'm iffy on a handheld/home-console hybrid, which the name implies (X, crossover), and I don't want Ninty to move on from the Wii U and in particular the New 3DS too soon. The Wii U's time will come in 2017/18 and I'm OK with that, and if the 3DS lasts until 2018 I will be content. But I don't want my New 3DS XL to become an outdated model in two years time, even though the original model is severely outdated, I think Nintendo should just say "screw it" and release great New 3DS exclusives that will make it last until 2018. Overall I am happy, and am looking forward to more news. What do you guys think?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Good morning, my fellow mortals!

I just want something fun.
Also, not Parasyte, it seems sorta disturbing.
Someone doesn't want to be infected. :o

Guess I've exposed too many innocent souls to Parasyte already... :urg:

If you don't want to be magenta, stop caring about the magenta
The words of truth are spoken!

I don't really get the waifu thing. :p I mean, sure, I like a lot of female anime characters too, (just look at my sig), but I don't get that obsessed with them.

In any case, she looks cute so I'm going to search for it. :awesome:

Look at this guy in denial about his waifu harem! :demon:

Oh boy here we go, fanboys will start rioting because smartphones and tablets >_>
I've got the popcorn ready and waiting! :troll:

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I would honestly be fine with this. I few years ago, no, but the technology is strong enough now.

Case and point: Ice Climber. How can Nintendo use Ice Climber on a home console? But on a phone... I think a Doodlejump style game would be PERFECT.

It'd be a great home for Excitebike and Mach Rider too.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Don't know much about Kantai Collection. Maybe I'll check it out. It seems to be another girl centric thing like Touhou.

Pretty much. Besides the commander who is male but never really shown, all the ships are female. I heard it has something to do with the tradition of giving ships female names, but I don't actually know for sure. In any case, it's a bunch of WWII ships turned into girls.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I would love it. At the very least, the advertising they would generate by releasing a Pokemon, Mario and Zelda games on mobile devices should fund them in producing more games, and therefore the ability to revive certain IPs. As @ Radical Bones Radical Bones mentioned, they have 'dead' IPs that could be revived seamlessly on mobiles, Ice Climbers, Excitebike, Balloon Fight etc. hell, even a Pikmin game could work wonders, I've always wanted a handheld Pikmin, though a more powerful 3DS version would be preferable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Regarding Nintendo doing games for smartphones, I'm kinda mixed about it, but they could net some great profits.

However, that could worsen their console sales. =/

Curious about the new NX system. Iwata said it had a new concept, so maybe it's the rumored hybrid console?

It also seems that Club Nintendo's successor will apply to 3DS and Wii U, so I guess they will keep supporting those systems.

I'd expect a 2017 release for the NX.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Also there is going to be a Korean Nintendo Direct on the 19th of this month, apparently. Western and Japanese ones on the way soon too? Please Nintendo?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll be happy if Nintendo expands into the Smartphone market; though I do think it will help smaller and older franchises to get a new fanbase.

As long as I can get my dose of Ninty goodness, I don't mind what package it comes in.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There are a lot of Nintendo games that could work well on a smartphone, but I'm really curious about the Nintendo NX.

I hope my wallet won't die! >.<

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Inb4 Fzero is demoted to phone game exclusive.

Strofirko

Smash Master
NX will be just something like a battle.net knockoff...
The mobile games will all be freemiuns you are just fooling yourselves...
Worst decision nintendo is making by hearing the "giants" from the gaming media...:urg:

Folks are just overreacting it will just be a pack like this:
A different system altogether (not replacing anyone A.K.A. wiiu/3ds).
IPs handled to a different company.
A club nintendo sucessor.

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Well, if their phone market is anything like the quality of their free Pokemon Shuffle, I think it will be fine. PS is quite well done and you have almost zero need to spend money on it unless you are absolutely obsessed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom