• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Peach and Luigi don't like it when Mario plays with himself

Mario Party 10 looks ok. It's been ages since I played a Mario Party. It never ruined my friendships though.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Mario Party 10 looks ok. It's been ages since I played a Mario Party. It never ruined my friendships though.
The best part about this is seeing the figures flop over if the die hit them.
It doesn't get old.

D

Deleted member

The next version of the Smash 4 Social will have people asking for 3.0 yet again
3.0 is so old that the only memorable thing about it is tagging people when a user gets their desired amount of posts or likes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Good change is one thing.
Unnecessary change is something else entirely.
At least we got DK back.
you know that old Style Died with Hudson, right? That old style of play was theirs and they went out of business so that style went with them

so Blame them

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Mario's Face tho
SmugMario.png

Alternate Caption: "Don't touch me you pleb"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You know, I think I will stick around here. You guys all seem pretty cool <3
Welcome to the nightmare. You will never leave. :evil:

Edit: The flickering reminds me of Kingdom Hearts II. For those that played or know the story, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I haven't played Mario Party 9 in a long while.
Long story short:
-bob-omb factory
-CPU reaches ending stretch
-accepts Bowser's gift
-9001 Bowser spaces
-another CPU moves and bomb lands on car, 10 moves
-5 moves left for bomb to detonate
-im next
-rolls a 5.
-Bowser space, lose half your mini-stars
-Bowser finishes wrecking me, bomb explodes.
-lose half mini stars again.
-quit

D

Deleted member

you know that old Style Died with Hudson, right?
Yes, but that doesn't mean it was bad. The cart thing breaks up the flow of the game entirely and removed a lot of the allure and fun that the series had in the first place, even if the board game formula was a bit stagnant.
Also who's genius idea was it to put the minigames as spaces on the board instead of every 4 turns?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So my friend just told me on imessage that a bunch of people were vomiting in front of a Pub near the train station he was at.

Happy St. Partick's Day boys.
Same to you. Funny, I have a green-colored avatar, and it wasn't until the evening that I noticed it was St. Patrick's Day.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yes, but that doesn't mean it was bad. The cart thing breaks up the flow of the game entirely and removed a lot of the allure and fun that the series had in the first place, even if the board game formula was a bit stagnant.
I dunno, I like the carts. Its a good change for me pff

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But it wasn't a change for the better. The car wasn't fun, it was constrictive and limiting; minigames taking a backseat completely missed why they were important in the first place; star collecting became irritating, as it's now all 100% luck (and sure, luck was needed in the non-car MP games, but you could still pick your own way of getting them); and if it didn't work the first time, why try bringing it back in the hope that people will all of the sudden love it? If an idea doesn't work, then you drop it and move on.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Serious Question: Mario Party 9 was worse than MP8?

D

Deleted member

Serious Question: Mario Party 9 was worse than MP8?
I for one think 9 is better than 8, but that's arguable. I just think Mario Party 9 was better optimized for the Wii's hardware. Mario Party 8, in comparison, is... horrid.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But it wasn't a change for the better. The car wasn't fun, it was constrictive and limiting; minigames taking a backseat completely missed why they were important in the first place; star collecting became irritating, as it's now all 100% luck (and sure, luck was needed in the non-car MP games, but you could still pick your own way of getting them); and if it didn't work the first time, why try bringing it back in the hope that people will all of the sudden love it? If an idea doesn't work, then you drop it and move on.
It sure is still fun for me. Like I said, blame Hudson for going down
I for one think 9 is better than 8, but that's arguable. I just think Mario Party 9 was better optimized for the Wii's hardware. Mario Party 8, in comparison, is... horrid.
Apparently me and you have super unpopular opinions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will say that something Mario Party 9 had going for it is that it didn't look like a Gamecube Game :4dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom