• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Controversy time: I can't be the only one to think that Melee hasn't aged well in regards to character portrayal and visuals, can I?

The most jarring examples would be:
- Luigi using high pitched Mario voice samples from Super Mario 64
- Ganondorf sharing almost all animations with Captain Falcon (granted, he was added at the last minute)

Even Brawl's art style hasn't aged well. Smash 4 may have its flaws, but the visual and animation work is overall very good.
I look at Melee the same way I do with the original Super Mario Bros.
Granted, the two have their defining flaws (and even more in this day and age), but I also understand their importance and that the gameplay still holds well.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The only reason I'm on a computer right now is because my Teacher kicked me out of class for "not working hard enough" and I was left alone with nothing to do so I was like "TO THE LIBRARY!" and now I'm here.
:013:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The only reason I'm on a computer right now is because my Teacher kicked me out of class for "not working hard enough" and I was left alone with nothing to do so I was like "TO THE LIBRARY!" and now I'm here.
:013:
Model student right here, folks.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Model student right here, folks.
Noone really seems to care about me in this school anyway since I was kicked out of Art too for "not working" even though I was thinking of what to put on my art project and the office doesn't seem to want my company so
:043:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
@Warchamp7 do I have to post grind or breed puppies or something?

Why can't I see the Make Social Thread button?

*EDIT* Do I have to have 30 posts outside this thread?

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Whenever you see a Balder Knight hold out it's sword and pointing it at you, DO NOT ATTACK. If you attack it while it is in that animation you will be parried and most likely die. Your best bet is to either parry it's attacks or just let it attack your shield first then attack. The game is largely about learning from your mistakes from I have gathered so far. If you died chances are it's something you did wrong 99.99% of the time and you are meant to learn from it. You are basically meant to die, and die a lot, in a first play through. Besides 2000 Souls are nothing. Though I do wonder how you got 8 Humanities already. I'm further then you and have only 3 and those are all in physical form as emergency Estus Flasks. That's another tip. Don't automatically crush Humanity when you get it in the physical form. That way you don't lose them when you can use them as extra Estus Flasks because they completely restore your Vitality.

Also if you are in human form before you fight the Bell Gargoyles you can get Solaire to help you by summoning him from his summon symbol left close to the fog gate, he's a big help for the fight. Also if you have freed Lautrec from his cell and then went back to Firelink to talk to him you can also have him help you in the fight, though his summon symbol is a bit hidden compared to Solaire's.
I deleted it already. I got it for free during one of Xbox's Games with Gold sales. Had to delete it to open space to get more games. Will probably try this game again.
Also, I explore a lot in these types of games. I found about 12 humanities. (2 lost due to trying to traverse the graveyard instead of going up, 2 used to kindle a bonfire, 8 lost due to parry.)
Also, the parry window is so short I cant pull it off correctly. I just cheese him with fireballs then do a few rolls and stabs.
Then I kill the Hollows with my bow.
Then die at Gargoyles. Well, I DID.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Controversy time: I can't be the only one to think that Melee hasn't aged well in regards to character portrayal and visuals, can I?

The most jarring examples would be:
- Luigi using high pitched Mario voice samples from Super Mario 64
- Ganondorf sharing almost all animations with Captain Falcon (granted, he was added at the last minute)

Even Brawl's art style hasn't aged well. Smash 4 may have its flaws, but the visual and animation work is overall very good.
Maybe because we got used to how some characters sound and play as now, the art style seems to age really well though. I can't say the same for brawl art style.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Meme Run has been removed completely from both the Wii U eShop & Miiverse?

Me a happy boy! That's one more piece of **** gone! You still got moar work Nintendo!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So Meme Run has been removed completely from both the Wii U eShop & Miivese?

Me a happy boy! That's one more piece of **** gone! You still got moar work Nintendo!
Now all we need is to get rid of Frenchy Bird/Flap Flap
Kappa

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Wait, Meme run is removed from the eshop. Good, now it wouldn't be unfair to better games that didn't get on the eshop.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I want to make a women's gathering community and the system doesn't even want to let me try.

Gotta wait for @Warchamp7 now.

That's what's new.:4megaman:
@Smashboards confirmed sexist

1423488791637.jpg

Awwww yeeee it's finally gone

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

So...this is a thing.
It still look badass though.

Anyway, I'm bored. So I'm gonna make an OU team on Pokemon Showdown.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Inb4 Smash 5/6 comes out and we say Smash 4's visuals haven't aged well.
But yes, I noticed that Melee's visuals haven't aged well. Same with Brawl.
I actually don't think there's much to improve on this games' visuals. I think the graphical evolution of games overall is more akin to a logarithmic rate. Very fast improvements at the beginning, but those will grow slower and slower as the time passes.

I think Brawl's style made a great first impression at the time, but aged horribly.

Melee hasn't aged as much as Brawl in regards to art style, but it really l looks aged in regards to animation work. The animations are less fluid, something especially notable when characters charge their Smash attacks. The victory animations aren't really great either.

Brawl's animation work, for example, has aged well.

Smash 4 has a special charm that I think only Smash 64 captures as well. The characters look a lot more like they do in their own games. I feel it's not something Melee and Brawl capture as well as 64 and Wii U/3DS do.

For example, despite still being a Captain Falcon semi-clone (which at this point is a Grandfather Clause stemming from his last-minute addition in Melee) and how I would like him to be further differentiated (though I disagree with the notion of a complete overhaul, but rather something along the lines of what Mario, Luigi, Falco, Bowser and Pit had throughout the series), I really appreciate the animation work put into him to make him feel as more Ganon-like as possible within the constraints he has a Falcon clone. This is why I can't like seeing him in Melee anymore, where most of his animations are copy-pasted from Falcon.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

So...this is a thing.

Mega Mayquaza?
Still looks attractive, so the internet will gladly take it.
Kappa

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368

So...this is a thing.

I suck at OU :164:
Prefer UU, dunno why, guess because some of my favorite Pokémon are good in UU, or maybe because there are no Lando-Ts running around.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Oh hai. How are you all ?
Me ? Well I just learned Fnaf3 just came out. And it might be the very last one (I hope). But the guy really went spooky on this one, with real jumpscares and all that stuff. Also, the story pretty much ends here. So yeah, it looks good. I'll only watch the let's play of ProJared though. It's the only guy who isn't "spooked" by this game and is actually talking about it. Not just screaming, real talking. That's hard to find nowadays.

Also, I progressed a lot on my project. I've fully finished the testimonies and cross-examinations of the first character who'll be cross-examined. Tomorrow I'll start the testimonies of the second character who'll be cross-examined. And I only did the transcript, so there's only dialogues and minor informations. After I've finished all the transcripts, I gotta do the real scripts.
It's gonna be super long to write and describe everything.
*Watches ProJared AND makes Ace Attorney crossover?
I adore you. Get out "i love you Patrick", you're not gonna be enough here.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A new update for the 3DS was released yesterday. Of course the update notes were the usual "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience." However, it also blocks any exploits that involve the Internet Browser (including Region Three, booting Game Boy (Color)/NES ROMs via Virtual Console, free items in Pokémon Shuffle, & QR scanning Pokémon in Omega/Alpha).

Not surprised

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
What even is that?
What I found interresting about it is the concept. Remember when they said the orbs of Kyogre and Groudon can control people ? (It's a thing in the animu.)
Well basically it's the same, but with the space rock stuff Rayquaza found to Mega-Evolve that controls May. It's interresting.
Too many Nichijou avatars.
Soon, you too will have one.
2db.png

*Watches ProJared AND makes Ace Attorney crossover?
I adore you. Get out "i love you Patrick", you're not gonna be enough here.
1f9.gif

Thank you very much !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom