• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just got back from two classes plus lunch with 13 new notifications, and more than half of them were people liking my posts.

Has the chamber of secrets been opened AGAIN?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ethics in Smashing.
#SmasherGate
What precious little I know about Gamergate sounds stupid.

The women have a point about how we need female video game characters with less fanservice, no item status, and fleshed out personalities and such, but MAN

they come off just as sexist as the men and have awful, awful, AWFUL tastes.

It's fine to want women's rights, heck, it's IDEAL, but it feels like many of the participants are doing it "4 teh free goodiez".

Female video game characters will only be good if they come naturally out of the design process. Making women just to "make it fair" will only make shovelware trash that no one wants.

/rant

:4megaman:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, did you change your avatar? I don't remember that Matreiya statue being there...
Yep. Nichijou's simplistic art style makes it easy to edit them out of screenshots.

I just got back from two classes plus lunch with 13 new notifications, and more than half of them were people liking my posts.

Has the chamber of secrets been opened AGAIN?
CliffJumper and the Chamber of Likes.

:231:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One thing I try to understand about character portrayal is not about mostly about what characters can do, but about what characters CAN'T do.

You see, I pay a lot of attention to details and defend creative freedom. Come to think of it, I am a bit like Sakurai at times.

Sakurai's comment about "staying true to character" really got me thinking about how he sees accurate character portrayals. And I'm coming to a conclusion that me and Sakurai may actually think somewhat similarly.

I don't have much time now, but I will explain my points further later on.

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
In my opinion FNaF 3 gameplay-wise isn't spooky, the lore is the spooky part.

The dead Purple-Man inside Springtrap screens still gives me the creeps.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently, somebody in my college wants to trade me a Shiny Jirachi and I don't have any form of shinies to share. I hope he's willing to accept a Tyrantrum or Haunter since these are the few Pokes I'm willing to trade.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Help me level this up ;_;

/shamelessadvertising

Yep. Nichijou's simplistic art style makes it easy to edit them out of screenshots.
And that's one reason why I love it. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
One thing I try to understand about character portrayal is not about mostly about what characters can do, but about what characters CAN'T do.

You see, I pay a lot of attention to details and defend creative freedom. Come to think of it, I am a bit like Sakurai at times.

Sakurai's comment about "staying true to character" really got me thinking about how he sees accurate character portrayals. And I'm coming to a conclusion that me and Sakurai may actually think somewhat similarly.

I don't have much time now, but I will explain my points further.
Well apparently Sakurai never really knew the limits of Kirby, thus we see this puffball killing one of the strongest DBZ characters. Or about Pit, with his only limit being the lack of Palutena when he needs to fly or having advices ? I mean, I understand your point there, you need to know what a character can't do to make him more realistic and not OP like any character.

Adapting a character is the same thing, I understand too. But I'll wait until you explain your points further.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
>That moment when your Latin teacher calls Big Hero 6 a Pixar film

[screams internally]​

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I'm confused. How exactly does the purple man die?

This is news to me.
By the looks of it...
Fazbear's Fright burns to the ground. That's about it really.

Edit:
upload_2015-3-3_14-12-28.png

Compete with what seems to be info about the game's development.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

CliffJumper and the Chamber of Likes.

:231:
I personally can't wait for CliffJumper and the Deathly Likes Part 2. Will CliffJumper get the Liking Stone, the Cloak of Liking or the Liking Wand? Only time will tell!

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368

By the looks of it...
Fazbear's Fright burns to the ground. That's about it really.
If I remember correctly phone guy talks that there is a special method to use an animatronic as a suit so that the animatronic equipment injures people, so I guess Purple Guy entered the suit without this procedure and the animatronic parts killed him.
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The suit killed him. It's a spring trap, so basically, you can wear the suit during a limited period of time. Purple Guy reached the time limit, and he was killed by the suit. So, in short, Purple Guy is in the golden rabbit suit, dead.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Apparently, somebody in my college wants to trade me a Shiny Jirachi and I don't have any form of shinies to share. I hope he's willing to accept a Tyrantrum or Haunter since these are the few Pokes I'm willing to trade.
What shiny Jurachi. All I have is shiny Groudon and Poocheyena bleh

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If I remember correctly phone guy talks that there is a special method to use an animatronic as a suit so that the animatronic equipment injures people, so I guess Purple Guy entered the suit without this procedure and the animatronic parts killed him.
Silly Reigaheres, you're supposed to put the / BEFORE tthe Spoiler!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The suit killed him. It's a spring trap, so basically, you can wear the suit during a limited period of time. Purple Guy reached the time limit, and he was killed by the suit. So, in short, Purple Guy is in the golden rabbit suit, dead.
But if Purple Guy is dead, then who was phone?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What shiny Jurachi. All I have is shiny Groudon and Poocheyena bleh
The GTS has some Shiny Jirachi, but they're nearly all named things you can't list on this site.

Go look if you're brave.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So @ Kenith Kenith

I have the Crest Shield, got my Laito to +10 (it started doing around the same damage as the Drake Sword at about +8 but I decided by then to just go to +10), got my Pyro Flame to +10, found Quelana and bought some new Pyromancies, joined the Chaos Covenant, and have my some way into Sen's Fortresses.

First off, **** the snake monsters with swords. Oh my ****ing god I hate these things so much. They're fast, strong, and seem to have absurd resistance to flinching. The only way I can somewhat safely kill them is with Pyromance but that is easier said then done in the tight space. The snake monster mages are fine though. I can make them flinch. The pendulums are also a bit annoying but bearable. But the rocks... -.-

I eventually get to what seems to be some kind of roof. Across from me I see some kind of giant *** monster putting rocks into a chute, had to have been the one with the goddamn annoying rocks. I killed it with a Bow.

Now every-time I try to continue forward I get pelted with some kind of giant *** exploding attack from nowhere. And I'm out of Estus. So now I'm deciding if I should attempt to push on and home to run into a Bonfire soon or if I should use a Homeward Bone and return back to the Undead Parish Bonfire.
I'm glad the sword's working.
Let me help you out: There's a bonfire in Sen's Fortress just after you enter the area with the firebombs. Go up from two small sets of stairs from the fog gate and there's a hole in the spiked guard rail that leads to a bonfire.

Also, the firebombs are the work of another giant at the top of Sen's Fortress - he'll throw them at you the entire time you fight the boss too, unless you kill him. Getting to him is easy, and to kill him just strafe on the staircase leading to him until he does his freakout attack and becomes tired. Be warned though, that attack will go throw the wall.
This giant, unlike the boulder dropping one, doesn't respawn.
(Note: It's not terribly hard to legitimately fight him, but it's more trouble than it's worth)

The Serpent men are tough, yeah. Though I suggest you figure out their parry timing, because it makes one on one with them extremely easy. All of their attacks sans the bite can be parried.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
But if Purple Guy is dead, then who was phone?
He was random employee number #13 who had bad luck and died eaten by haunted animatronics. Poor guy.
The phone itself however ? I dunno, he was the fan ? Yeah, seems okay to me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He was random employee number #13 who had bad luck and died eaten by haunted animatronics. Poor guy.
The phone itself however ? I dunno, he was the fan ? Yeah, seems okay to me.
So if the fan in the second game came to life and became Phone Guy, then someone else must be the murderer!
Quickly! Someone call MatPat! We have figured out the lore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom