• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, Bayonetta would probably get the Smash series in serious trouble with customers' parents if she got in, considering that her series is openly sexual.

At least ZSS tried to avert sexual overtones before Other M ruined everything.
Other M wasn't really bad in my opinion (don't care about the story), but when it came out, I began to stop caring about that franchise thanks to the fanbase. Unrelated but yeah.

That is true, however. She ain't getting in Smash anyway.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Robin and Lucina are from the most popular Fire Emblem. That and Sakurai would be stupid to not bring a rep or two from the newest game of the series. Greninja was in 2 games when Smash 4 was released.
You're either counting X/Y as two games, or counting ORAS which was released on the same freaking day as the Wii U version and a couple of months after the 3DS one, either way I'm not buying it. Don't get me wrong I like virtually all the chars they added, in particular Robin and Greninja, I just get wound up whenever I hear what I think are Sakurai's weak excuses. I won't begrudge anyone anything, I never have, but it could easily say Ghirahim 'deserved' it being the main villain in the fastest selling and latest home console Zelda game, and Lucas is way more a beloved character than ROB, Duck Hunt or others. Either way I'm salty ATM so I'm gonna shut up now :)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
For Krystal to be plausible, Star Fox U is going to have to put her in some prominent roles other than "Fox's love interest", or do something to make the Japanese fanbase stop having a burning hatred for her. It's the Japanese fanbase's opinion of her that makes her a near-impossibility.

If that happened, I could see her happening.
I think they will do that, I just don't know how, that's all.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I really don't care about the cut characters, I'm not going to pretend that I did i never played as them. I'm surprised that people are mad that they was cut because they was hated in brawl. As for DLC I'm all for it.
For clarification, among the cut characters, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Pokemon Trainer were the ones that received some sort of heat. Lucas too, but that's dependent on your stance on Mother 3 not being localized and your definition of a clone.

Wolf because people were annoyed that it wasn't Krystal, and were annoyed by the some of the tacked on clone aspects of his design.
Ice Climbers were originally hated as a wasted spot during the days of Melee, but overtime mutated into being hated for the game breaking grabs.
Pokemon Trainer was actually well received at first, but when the actual game came out people were complaining about how impractical the whole concept was.

Also, people did dislike Roy and Mewtwo, the former for being a worse Marth and the latter for just being flat out impractical. Even Snake, who was the cut character that had the best reception, still had a minority crying that he didn't fit in with the Super Smash Bros. universe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you guys really think Ice Climbers will return for the next game? I don't. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I think they will do that, I just don't know how, that's all.
That she will be in the new Starfox game? Or that she will be Smash DLC? It's says a lot that I think the former is more likely, and that ain't even gonna happen:troll: (inb4 Kyrstal is an important Starfox character despite only being in spin-offs).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know why I want Lucas and Wolf back? Because I liked playing as them in Brawl. That is why I think veterans should be the focus for DLC.

I preferred Lucas over Ness since I got to play as him in Brawl. And Wolf was one of my best and most played characters in Brawl.

I also would like to see Snake and Roy return as well since I liked those in Brawl and Melee, but I find those far less likely, so I do not really expect them.

As for the Ice Climbers, Ivysaur and Squirtle, I had suspicions they would be cut, so I got over them rather quickly. I didn't play as them that much in Brawl either, so that's why I'm more indifferent to them.

For clarification, among the cut characters, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Pokemon Trainer were the ones that received some sort of heat. Lucas too, but that's dependent on your stance on Mother 3 not being localized and your definition of a clone.

Wolf because people were annoyed that it wasn't Krystal, and were annoyed by the some of the tacked on clone aspects of his design.
Ice Climbers were originally hated as a wasted spot during the days of Melee, but overtime mutated into being hated for the game breaking grabs.
Pokemon Trainer was actually well received at first, but when the actual game came out people were complaining about how impractical the whole concept was.

Also, people did dislike Roy and Mewtwo, the former for being a worse Marth and the latter for just being flat out impractical. Even Snake, who was the cut character that had the best reception, still had a minority crying that he didn't fit in with the Super Smash Bros. universe.
Every character will always have complaints.

Complainers will always bark the loudest.

D

Deleted member

For me, it just depends on whether or not the game is going to be another split between handheld and console.
If Super Smash Bros. for Next Handheld is a reality, then the 3DS successor should be powerful enough to handle them. Everybody wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know who we need as a DLC ? Carlton.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That she will be in the new Starfox game? Or that she will be Smash DLC? It's says a lot that I think the former is more likely, and that ain't even gonna happen:troll: (inb4 Kyrstal is an important Starfox character despite only being in spin-offs).
Uhh, there were no spinoffs in StarFox until Command.

Soul.

May I ask why is the general consensus complaining about a handheld Smash when that thing was long overdue.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
QUICK I NEED A WAY TO STRAY AWAY FROM THIS DLC TOPIC!
Look gais, Nichijou gifs!

IT'S NOT WORKING!

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Uhh, there were no spinoffs in StarFox until Command.
You really count Adventures as a proper Starfox game? It wasn't even a Starfox game when it started development, kinda like Super Mario Bros 2, they just skinned-in Fox and a few others and didn't overhaul the gameplay too much. I always thought it to be accepted that they were spin-offs.

D

Deleted member

Well, complaining about a game just because they cut a character is pretty dumb imo.
I would agree but I don't think they necessarily hate the 3DS version just for no Ice Climbers.
>No "full" analog stick
>Small screens
>HURR DURR SMASH 3DS IS FOR CASUALS AND WII U IS FOR DA HARDCORE GAMERZ
>The false "input lag" complaints.

But hey I got used to the first two and I don't think it's the case with the latter ones.

Soul.

That dress thing is... ugh.
I would agree but I don't think they necessarily hate the 3DS version just for no Ice Climbers.
>No "full" analog stick
>Small screens

But hey I got used to the first two and I don't think it's the case with the latter ones.
The analog stick thing makes no sense. Yes the Circle Pad has problems, but it isn't bad.
Small screen problem is fixed with XL editions of the 3DS.
Third one is absolutely garbage, makes no sense and straight out bias.
lol input lag

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
>No "full" analog stick
>Small screens

Fun fact, I do better on 3DS than the Wii U. I find the Gamecube controller weird on Smash 4 for some odd reasons.

Are people still talking about that dress, it even got on the news.
This was idiotic to begin with. I'm not up to date with those news with my project and school. So, this "meme", I don't know it, and I'm glad I don't.
Instead, I'll post a Carlton here :

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't take people complaining about the 3DS version seriously.

If the Ice Climbers are a price to have a Smash Bros. game that can be played anywhere, then so be it. Everything requires sacrifice.

>No "full" analog stick
>Small screens

I call that people refusing to adapt to new situations.

Yes, I had difficulties with the 3DS Circle Pad and such, given how I have played Melee and Brawl with GCN controllers, but I kept playing and got used to it naturally.

Hell, my Circle Pad broke and I can still play the game just fine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fun fact, I do better on 3DS than the Wii U. I find the Gamecube controller weird on Smash 4 for some odd reasons.
Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks the GameCube controller feels weird when playing Smash Wii U (Brawl too but that's another story). Yet everyone likes it.. no problems with that. :troll:

I do better on 3DS too. Hopefully once I get a Pro Controller or something I can do just as good on the console version.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I play the WiiU version with the gamepad. lol
I had to switch the controls for grab and shield though.. because they were unfitting for me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Who is Carlton again? :p

>No "full" analog stick
>Small screens

I'm pretty sure the 3DS's successor will be able to address them, including Ice Climbers, except the bottom half.

:231:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'd much rather play the WiiU version
I don't bother with GameCube controllers
Pro controller/Gamepad is where it's at
Maybe if I put more time into the 3DS version, then I wouldn't mind it being my go-to
I don't mind using it :037:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368

This was idiotic to begin with. I'm not up to date with those news with my project and school. So, this "meme", I don't know it, and I'm glad I don't.
Instead, I'll post a Carlton here :
The fact that Carlton's clothes aren't shaded is irritating me more than it should.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't have anything against a handheld, as long they get a bigger team to make both the console and handheld version or more time. Smash 4 is a great game but I feel by them making two games made each version feel like it was missing something.

Soul.

Don't worry, I also find the GCN controller weird. It feels... uh, clunky and sticky-ish? I'd rather use the Wii U Pro Controller.
I'm better on 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom