• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sometimes I wish there was a reboot Ice Climbers or Duck Hunt game, like Kid Icarus.
inb4 Sakurai announces Duck Hunt Uprising :4duckhunt:
What if they made a Duck Hunt FPS about the struggles between the dogs and the ducks? We can have the Hunter be the main protagonist.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
What if they made a Duck Hunt FPS about the struggles between the dogs and the ducks? We can have the Hunter be the main protagonist.
I always thought it would be cool to have a DH game where your Mii is the hunter and you use the Wii U gamepad to aim at ducks :186:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
This is why I think Lucas and Wolf were cut due to "clone" status. Because the statement doesn't make sense with some characters like R.O.B. and Game & Watch.
They were semi-clones for me, like Luigi or Ganondorf. But apparently, they had time, so they added 3 clones.
Also, I think Sakurai mostly wanted to put ROB back by himself. Since ROB doesn't have any real owner, Sakurai kinda consider him like his own character. Just like Pit.

I just hope they add those two back in the game. We have Mewtwo, time to bring those two back on the scene. They are still recent, especially Wolf.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
The only dlc i want is :pichumelee::wolf::squirtle::roypm:... roy as a model and voice change for marth.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I just looked outside, it's snowing really hard o.o
Just when it looked like the snow lightened up....
If we are talking cuts then Pichu
If we are talking newcomers then, Impa
and Bayonetta, however unrealistic it may be

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Talking about Melee cuts?

As much as I don't really have that much hype for clones, I'm neither excited nor miffed about Dr Mario returning. If anything, I think it's good that he's back in some way.

Though totally not expecting it, I wouldn't mind seeing Pichu return. He sure was a cute addition to Melee.

Roy coming back would be great, but at this point, I just might have to keep my copy of Melee for a pretty long time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Like Duck Hunt? Or Punch-Out!!? I'm sorry but he does come up with some good excuses, and that's another one of them. Same with the one where he said characters who've only appeared in one game weren't a priority- like Robin, Lucina or Greninja.
Robin and Lucina are from the most popular Fire Emblem. That and Sakurai would be stupid to not bring a rep or two from the newest game of the series. Greninja was in 2 games when Smash 4 was released.

Soul.

Thanks, [][][].
My computer doesn't have Japanese characters, by the way. :D

I agree, Pichu is
- Actually a relatively prominent Pokemon character
- A Johto rep
- Objectively the most adorable creature ever
You're welcome. And that's okay lol.
Pichu would be interesting to others but I feel that to me it's eh. A riskier Pikachu (to play as). But that's what it was on Melee so...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want a :4yoshi: amiibo
But there's no stores anywhere near me that sell them
;_;

D

Deleted member

I just looked outside, it's snowing really hard o.o
Just when it looked like the snow lightened up....
If we are talking cuts then Pichu
If we are talking newcomers then, Impa
and Bayonetta, however unrealistic it may be
If I were Sakurai I'd put Raichu instead maybe as a Pikachu alt.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks, [][][].
My computer doesn't have Japanese characters, by the way. :D
So, it means you can't see this? 僕らはすべての馬鹿だ。

They were semi-clones for me, like Luigi or Ganondorf. But apparently, they had time, so they added 3 clones.
Also, I think Sakurai mostly wanted to put ROB back by himself. Since ROB doesn't have any real owner, Sakurai kinda consider him like his own character. Just like Pit.

I just hope they add those two back in the game. We have Mewtwo, time to bring those two back on the scene. They are still recent, especially Wolf.
Wolf was barely a clone and Lucas was significantly different from Ness in many aspects.

Knowing that the three clones of this game are all made from existing resources, it's fair to assume they were made at the very last second. They had no time to implement more diversified characters like Wolf and Lucas.

Even the more unique moves (Dr. Tornado, Dr. Mario's down aerial and Dark Pit Staff) are copied from existing moves, just from other characters. Dr. Mario's different moves are based on Luigi (they have similar body shapes, so the animations likely didn't need many adjustments), while Dark Pit's Final Smash is a complete reskin of Zelda's Light Arrows as the move does the exact same damage and knockback output. All they had to do was replace the visual effects and make an animation for Dark Pit compatible with the data for Zelda's FS in regards to timings and hitboxes.

Also, Sakurai likes his retro stuff. He always puts retro characters and stages in the games. A lot of retro Namco stuff can be found in this game too.

Curiously, Sakurai's favorite Star Fox character is Wolf. I don't have a source for that, though. He did say he didn't like cutting characters, so I think the cuts only happen when really necessary.

Anyway, I agree that Wolf and Lucas should return. I'm hopeful.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have nothing to contribute to this topic because I'm not a spoiled little kid, but I will say that you people are guaranteed to be really disappointed.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You have got to be kidding. That's never going to happen.
Considering Bayonetta was helped by Nintendo, the fact that there's DLCs of it and the fact that the dev' knows Sakurai, it could have happened. Heck, it would have been nice actually.

Those costumes as alts would have been funny.

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
Funny enough, it's a possibility. Sakurai knows the developper, and I don't think he would be against it. It would be weird to see her in Smash however.
They coule use the old attire (I mean the one from the witch hunts not the one from bayonetta 1) and bam attire that isn't revealing and is canon but I don't really know how would her playstyle be at all maybe something like sheik + zss as in crazy fast rushdown ormaybe being extremely versatile or something

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have nothing to contribute to this topic because I'm not a spoiled little kid, but I will say that you people are going to be really disappointed.
Not really. I'm happy with the game as is.

If more DLC happens, good, I'll be happy about it. If it doesn't happen, c'est la vie. The game is already massive and entertaining.

I don't even have high expectations for DLC.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I have nothing to contribute to this topic because I'm not a spoiled little kid, but I will say that you people are guaranteed to be really disappointed.
The roster is perfect imo
As long as I have Link and Kirby I'll be content
If I were Sakurai I'd put Mega Pikachu instead maybe as a Pikachu alt.
Fixed :troll:
You have got to be kidding. That's never going to happen.
"however unrealistic it may be"
I would like to see her in Smash, I never said she should or could be in Smash

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Considering Bayonetta was helped by Nintendo, the fact that there's DLCs of it and the fact that the dev' knows Sakurai, it could have happened. Heck, it would have been nice actually.

Those costumes as alts would have been funny.
Considering how Bayonetta is owned by a third party company that already has a franchise represented in Smash, I still consider her being in Smash as an obvious fantasy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering how Bayonetta is owned by a third party company that already has a franchise represented in Smash, I still consider her being in Smash as an obvious fantasy.
Two characters coming from the same third party company? No, that's not possible. It's just too much. :4sonic: is enough.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it happens, I think DLC will mostly be just characters that were planned for the game that might have been partially developed at one point.

I can't see Sakurai pulling an entire new plan for extra content, when scrapped content from the project proposal would work fine. He himself stated they had more characters planned than there are in the game itself.

In fact, I've been a bit skeptical about it, considering Sakurai's statements about how stressed he's been and all that, but at the same time, I have some hope considering the games are designed with DLC in mind.

Once again, it's a matter of time. I expect nothing, but I will remain hopeful till the very end of the ride.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
They don't have a character rep
Plus you can't compare any third party to Platinum Games
Their relationship with Ninty is different
Regardless, I think we need a change of topic, it went from listing characters that we would've liked to see in smash to a round of "why this character isn't plausible" :080:

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also, Bayonetta would probably get the Smash series in serious trouble with customers' parents if she got in, considering that her series is openly sexual.

At least ZSS tried to avert sexual overtones before Other M ruined everything.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I really don't care about the cut characters, I'm not going to pretend that I did i never played as them. I'm surprised that people are mad that they was cut because they was hated in brawl. As for DLC I'm all for it.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
They don't have a character rep
Plus you can't compare any third party to Platinum Games
Their relationship with Ninty is different
Regardless, I think we need a change of topic, it went from listing characters that we would've liked to see in smash to "why this character isn't plausible"
Bruh.. Bayonetta is owned by SEGA.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Sakurai should just make an OC character for Smash that has bits and pieces of every cut character, that way he can please everyone!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think I should do a case based on the Igo Soccer (and by that the relation between Manabu and Sakurai) in my crossover. It would be nice.
Yes, I'm trying to change the subject.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Same with Bandana Dee.

Either way, I would not be miffed at all if Krystal isn't DLC. She's probably gonna be far more likely for the next Smash title anyway.
For Krystal to be plausible, Star Fox U is going to have to put her in some prominent roles other than "Fox's love interest", or do something to make the Japanese fanbase stop having a burning hatred for her. It's the Japanese fanbase's opinion of her that makes her a near-impossibility.

If that happened, I could see her happening. And you know what? If Sakurai had made Star Fox: Uprising as he originally intended instead of Kid Icarus, I don't think she'd be a question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom