• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Here's the Miis I have in my 3DS:
Myself, my parents, my li'l sis, Ganondorf, Shirou Emiya, Kiritsugu Emiya, Shiki Tohno, Saber, genderswapped me, Arcueid Brunestud, Nikki, Spider-Man, Mario, Luigi, Shiki Ryougi, Olimar, Aoko Aozaki, Negi Springfield, Tai Kamiya, Jack Skellington, Cynthia, the Powerpuff Girls, Reggie, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, Reggie Fils-Aime, Rapunzel, Madotsuki, Sonic, Link, Zelda, Sakuya Izayoi, Marisa Kirisame, Reimu Hakurei, my cousin, Flandre Scarlet, Ib, Mary, the :4miibrawl:, :4miigun: and :4miisword: Miis from official artworks, Panty Anarchy, Stocking Anarchy, Alice from Alice in Wonderland, Dante, Kirby, Red, Samus Aran, Rosalina, Homura Akemi, Nanoha Takamachi, Fate Testarossa and Hayate Yagami.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So more Ba'als revealed in bravely Second:

These are in addition to the gold fish and swan introduced in Bravely Default. You can also use "busterships" to lower levels of these monsters.

Also, the hunter job is now the more ridiculous job outfit I ever seen now. It's so ridiculous, it probably isn't even allowed on smashboards.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
What's new here by the way ?
Apperantly people have been talking about which Miis they have in Smash Bros just because somebody asked if anyone had a Hulk Mii.
Also Clemont and Elesa shippings.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
My Miis:
Me, some other guy, my dad, Dave, some eldritch abominations

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Or better yet we forget the show ever existed! :D
No, @ praline praline , if we forget the past, we are but doomed to repeat it.

Also, it's proto-Smash Bros, so I kind of enjoy it's existence.
Even if it causes eye bleed and mass cringing.

Awwww, did that video get banned on here? :urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I have a Mewtwo Miii and its a gunner.:mewtwomelee: It is funny, i took his Melee traits (Tall and light) and made the Mii like that so in Smash 4 he sucks... Yeah so if my Mii was playable hed be low tier.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Did you know that when you're playing with custom moves off, the Mii Fighters keep the same special moves, but the equipment is ignored?

I have a Lucas Gunner Mii.
rip in peace
There's still hope for DLC...

Lucas is the most wanted character in Japan. Wolf is the most wanted character outside of Japan.

Hopefully, fan demand is answered.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506

A baeutifulu symphony from Ludwig von Dead.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I still wonder why was Lucas removed.
inb4 come on was it the 3DS?
I'm going to be attacked for this, but probably because he was a clone by the definition. Yes he had a unique move-set, but Sakurai probably has the limited view point of because he made him from Ness, he wasn't unique.

There was also the fact mother isn't getting a new game at all. Ever.
Lucas is the most wanted character in Japan.
Wat? I mean. Wat? That is the most surprising sentence I have ever heard considering their stance on Mother 3. 0_0

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sakurai said franchises that wouldn't have any planned future games weren't a priority.
And Wolf ? Oh yeah, I know the excuse :
"But Miyamoto never told me during developpement ! How could I know ?"
Sakurai and his priorities are stupid sometimes.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Finally a GOOD Bloody Tears cover.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still wonder why was Lucas removed.
inb4 come on was it the 3DS?
Probably due to time constraints. He was likely a lower priority character.

If custom moves tell anything, it's that Wolf and Lucas were very likely planned to return.

There was a rumor that told about the development team being unsure on which of the EarthBound characters would return (Ness or Lucas). They likely chose Ness due to EarthBound VC and appearing in more Smash games.

I think they should be DLC after Mewtwo. After that, I stop caring about DLC speculation.

Wat? I mean. Wat? That is the most surprising sentence I have ever heard considering their stance on Mother 3. 0_0
Yep, you can check out interesting results in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/opinions-on-smash-4-dlc-in-japan-results.391807/

Soul.

Sakurai said franchises that wouldn't have any planned future games weren't a priority.
#NEVERSTOPCLIMBINGOMG
I'm going to be attacked for this, but probably because he was a clone by the definition. Yes he had a unique move-set, but Sakurai probably has the limited view point of because he made him from Ness, he wasn't unique.
There was also the fact mother isn't getting a new game at all. Ever.
Now I get it. I don't know why people want him back when recency "apparently" matters.
Probably due to time constraints. He was likely a lower priority character.

If custom moves tell anything, it's that Wolf and Lucas were very likely planned to return.

There was a rumor that told about the development team being unsure on which of the EarthBound characters would return (Ness or Lucas). They likely chose Ness due to EarthBound VC and appearing in more Smash games.

I think they should be DLC after Mewtwo. After that, I stop caring about DLC speculation.

Yep, you can check out interesting results in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/opinions-on-smash-4-dlc-in-japan-results.391807/
I never cared about speculation myself. The arguments are entertaining though.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Like Duck Hunt? Or Punch-Out!!? I'm sorry but he does come up with some good excuses, and that's another one of them. Same with the one where he said characters who've only appeared in one game weren't a priority- like Robin, Lucina or Greninja.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Does anyone know how to contact Artsy Omni? I want him to make a Smash 4 Lloyd Irving.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think DLC should be mostly about returning characters. Fighting game expansions usually mostly feature cut characters rather than new characters.

If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense to do that.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Like Duck Hunt? Or Punch-Out!!? I'm sorry but he does come up with some good excuses, and that's another one of them. Same with the one where he said characters who've only appeared in one game weren't a priority- like Robin, Lucina or Greninja.
Ironically, ROB was chosen over Lucas and Wolf, even though he'll never get a new game, nor he's really popular. People only remember him as a crappy toy showed in an AVGN episode, or just as a failure who barely helped the gaming industry.
But since he's part of the "history" of Nintendo, he needs to reappear in a Smash game.

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
OH GOD I STARTED AN ARGUEMENT OVER WHY LUCAS ISN'T IN SMASH, WHAT HAVE I DONE.

also...
it's byotiful

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Don't mind me, I'm just gonna sulk over my crushed gimmick over here. :(

Wow, I had way fewer maps completed in FFIV DS than I thought I did.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So in other coincidences...
upload_2015-3-1_12-51-41.png

Huh. I didn't know I was part of Clash. Who knew?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ironically, ROB was chosen over Lucas and Wolf, even though he'll never get a new game, nor he's really popular. People only remember him as a crappy toy showed in an AVGN episode, or just as a failure who barely helped the gaming industry.
But since he's part of the "history" of Nintendo, he needs to reappear in a Smash game.
This is why I think Lucas and Wolf were cut due to "clone" status. Because the statement doesn't make sense with some characters like R.O.B. and Game & Watch.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
And Wolf ? Oh yeah, I know the excuse :
"But Miyamoto never told me during developpement ! How could I know ?"
Sakurai and his priorities are stupid sometimes.
Touché, I've gotta admit that I never understood that one.
Being a bit fair, since Melee a new retro character is always introduced, hence :4duckhunt:; :4littlemac: had a Wii game and was highly requested since he was an AT in Brawl; there's always a Pokémon from the newest generation in:pichumelee::lucario::4greninja: and a Fire Emblem character from the newest installment is introduced too :roymelee:(he was promotion tho):ike::4robinm: and Awakening is the most successful FE game to date :4lucina:.

Last edited:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Sometimes I wish there was a reboot Ice Climbers or Duck Hunt game, like Kid Icarus.
inb4 Sakurai announces Duck Hunt Uprising :4duckhunt:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As for why DLC should be mostly about veterans, it's because it's a win-win situation for both kinds of players:
- The ones whose first game is Smash 3DS/Wii U: it's a new character for them, considering they haven't played the previous titles.
- Those who have played the previous games: it's a character that was available in games they played, but missed the boat for this game. Long time fans often like the return of absent characters.

Obviously, newcomers should avoid being relegated to DLC. They should be higher priority, since they play a major role in advertising and giving a fresh feel to the new title.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
This is why I think Lucas and Wolf were cut due to "clone" status. Because the statement doesn't make sense with some characters like R.O.B. and Game & Watch.
Funny thing is, those two were the :4darkpit:/:4drmario:/:4lucina: of the Brawl days; many people hated them for being semi-clones, they wanted them removed, the Landmaster jokes were everywhere.

Now, people are wondering were they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom