• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I have returned to the Social thread. How are you puny mortals doing?

Best anime is FMA Brotherhood. No other I've watched can match the awesome that anime was. Alternatively, there's the FMA manga which Brotherhood directly adapts from (unlike the first FMA anime).

Death Note is a close second, though.
I gotta say, the first FMA is just awful compared to FMA brotherhood. Just IMO.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Thanks, FalKoopa.
I have a soft spot for mindless action humor cartoons, but my ABSOLUTE favorites as far as anime goes are Squid Girl closely followed by fellow invasion comedy slice-of-life Sgt. Frog.

Too bad they took Sgt. Frog off of Netflix. . .
As a huge SGT. Frog fan, (Kululu is in my Minecraft username) I'm still miffed about that.

As far as anime goes, I'm a filthy casual.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pocky is an enjoyable snack on occasion.

I tried to make dango once, but that ended in disaster...
you should try those Neru Neru Nerune candies. Oh my lord its good
Hey there.
We're talking about anime now though so this is more appropriate
The inside of a sharks mouth looks so weird

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I know the anime is super super boring with Kirito being the overpowered where stuff always works for him in the end but is there anything else bad about the anime, other then being a harem
The bad management of the story, how plain every character is, villains who either don't explain anything or are stereotypical maniacs, how rushed the story becomes when it's actually told, how the side stories from the LN were implemented as filler (though being fair the LN isn't good at storytelling either), how the female lead is presented as strong and independant at first yet she later seems to be completely dependant on Kirito, dissapointing battles against the big bads, etc.

Only good things I can think of is the animation (well, not all the time), the first two episodes and the music which was composed by the same person who did Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero, but besides that, nothing.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
The bad management of the story, how plain every character is, villains who either don't explain anything or are stereotypical maniacs, how rushed the story becomes when it's actually told, how the side stories from the LN were implemented as filler (though being fair the LN isn't good at storytelling either), how the female lead is presented as strong and independant at first yet she later seems to be completely dependant on Kirito, dissapointing battles against the big bads, etc.

Only good things I can think of is the animation (well, not all the time), the first two episodes and the music which was composed by the same person who did Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero, but besides that, nothing.
This is why we watch Gurren Lagann instead.

(Gurren Lagann: Approved by Nylocke)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

you wanna know what Really have good animation, Unlimited Blade works. So much so that it was granted the name Unlimited budget Works by people I have seen

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
you wanna know what Really have good animation, Unlimited Blade works. So much so that it was granted the name Unlimited budget Works by people I have seen
It's Ufotable, so yeah the animation is assured to be god tier.

Just from watching the OP you can tell it:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Come to think of it, you know what else on Netflix I enjoyed?

Tenchi Muyo GXP.

Yes, it's a lowbrow Harem and it got a little too raunchy in spots. Yes, IRL it's packs of men who chase a woman. But you know what?

It was really frickin' funny.

I tried watching Naruto back when it was on Netflix, too, but HOLY CRUD that show takes it's time. Over 200 episodes in the middle of an already existing plotline and literally nothing gets resolved. Heck, it takes 5 episodes to cover what should be in just ONE.

WHY.

No, seriously, even Ash is better at actually making a plot move than that.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'm not really an anime guy. I Don't watch a lot of anime and the only one I watched and liked was Nichijou and that's it.
I guess I'm really picky with what I like.
Now I feel bad with only liking an anime that only has 26 episodes and ended 3 years ago. :[

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I tried watching Naruto back when it was on Netflix, too, but HOLY CRUD that show takes it's time. Over 200 episodes in the middle of an already existing plotline and literally nothing gets resolved. Heck, it takes 5 episodes to cover what should be in just ONE.

WHY.

No, seriously, even Ash is better at actually making a plot move than that.
If I recall correctly, it has to do with being able to catch up with the manga. As anime doesn't take that long as a manga does.

Buy Premium to get rid of ads. Isn't it obvious? :4robinm:
I guess. Maybe one of these days...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Okay, making progress, dude. Couple things though:

- That tunnel next to the "Key to New Londo Ruins" is actually really important; it is a two minute run from Blighttown to Firelink Shrine. You go through the tunnel and into the Valley of Drakes, then a door on a left you unlock leads to the beginning of New Londo Ruins, then an elevator goes up to Firelink Shrine. Make sure you pull the lever next to the elevator and don't fall down the shaft though; it's very easy to do.

- Second, that other tunnel with the dogs and the snipers = pure bull****. I hate that area so goddamn much. I commend you for actually getting the Firekeeper Soul, though. That is worth dying for imo.

- Third, that branch is also bull****. I've walked off of it too, the right side of it less awkward. Luckily there's not muich treasure to get over there, the Crimson armor set you got and the Remedy spell is pretty much it. If you have points into Attunement or Int you should attune Remedy since it cures poison.
Is there anything super dangerous that might kill me in that 2 minute run? Cause I really wouldn't mind going back to Firelink Shrine so that I can upgrade my Estus.

Eh it wasn't that bad. The only reason I died the first time was because of messing up and falling down to the dogs and getting doubled team on by 2.I was able to finish of the snipers by strategically positioning myself to where I only have to deal with one at a time and fighting back with knives. After them I just slowly took down the dogs with knives/arrows/bombs from above xD.

I do have points in Attunement but I haven't been putting points into Int (because Pyromancy doesn't need Int modifier).

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'm not really an anime guy. I Don't watch a lot of anime and the only one I watched and liked was Nichijou and that's it.
Now I feel bad with only liking an anime that only has 26 episodes and ended 3 years ago. :[
I'm not much of an anime guy either. Used to watch some, mostly slice of life's(never seen Nichijou though ironically!), but then I grew tired of the whole medium and till today haven't watched any anime.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The prevalence of cheap fillers and split endings in anime adaptations of manga is my primary reason to prefer manga over anime.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To your credit, you chose a good one. :estatic:

:231:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think I'll ever watch an anime as great as FMA Brotherhood.

Still have to finish reading the manga, but people say the adaptation is very faithful to the original, so I'm not too compelled to read.

This may seem as me doing FMA propaganda, but something about that story just inspired me. The story's themes, the memorable characters, the fights... Everything was just amazing.

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'm not much of an anime guy either. Used to watch some, mostly slice of life's(never seen Nichijou though ironically!), but then I grew tired of the whole medium and till today haven't watched any anime.
Nichijou was the first slice of life I watched, then I tried Azumanga Daioh and found it really unfunny and quit on the first episode.
God I'm picky.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You should take a break from slice of life and go into action/comedy.
Nichijou was the first slice of life I watched, then I tried Azumanga Daioh and found it really unfunny and quit on the first episode.
God I'm picky.
Ironickly I refuse to watch Nichijou and love Azumanga. I think I only like Nichijou for its openings and thats it.

But you now what it better then both of those ? Bobobo-bobo-bobobo

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Is there anything super dangerous that might kill me in that 2 minute run? Cause I really wouldn't mind going back to Firelink Shrine so that I can upgrade my Estus.
Eh it wasn't that bad. The only reason I died the first time was because of messing up and falling down to the dogs and getting doubled team on by 2.I was able to finish of the snipers by strategically positioning myself to where I only have to deal with one at a time and fighting back with knives. After them I just slowly took down the dogs with knives/arrows/bombs from above xD.
I do have points in Attunement but I haven't been putting points into Int (because Pyromancy doesn't need Int modifier).
Well, yes, there's the big dumb barbarians with the clubs. One by himself, and two next to each other. The first one is easy is repeatedly backstab, but the pair could either by drawn out with arrows one at a time or just run past them.
I dunno, I still hate that area. It's damn near impossible to not get toxic from that place.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
God I'm picky.
Nichijou's style of comedy is unlike anything I've seen. Though you shouldn't quit on episode 1, imo. Sit through at least 2-3. If you still don't like it, then it's likely not for you.

:231:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, yes, there's the big dumb barbarians with the clubs. One by himself, and two next to each other. The first one is easy is repeatedly backstab, but the pair could either by drawn out with arrows one at a time or just run past them.
I dunno, I still hate that area. It's damn near impossible to not get toxic from that place.
Oh, I don't mind the barbarian monsters. If those are the only thing I have to watch out for then I'm fine with taking that route back to Shrine. I was more worried about some kind of monster I haven't encountered yet that could like one shot me or something like that.

This is why I have like 20 Blooming Purple Mosses with me. xD

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
ah, speedrunning, it's so fun....but you have to put the effort into it.

I did watched some fusion run before and it seems quite hard to speedrun.

Though, I can't recal, does it have major exploit?

I think there wasn't, but might be wrong.
A bit late here since I just woke up D: Anyways, there isn't really an exploit such as level wraps and such. It's basically just run the game as fast as possible. (Although I'm really a beginner and I might be wrong at some point). Regardless, it usually means never stopping your movement, doing crazy wall jumps, insane boss strategies that I'm not used to etc.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh, I don't mind the barbarian monsters. If those are the only thing I have to watch out for then I'm fine with taking that route back to Shrine. I was more worried about some kind of monster I haven't encountered yet that could like one shot me or something like that.

This is why I have like 20 Blooming Purple Mosses with me. xD
Oh, okay! I figured maybe they give you trouble. Then in that case, yeah, it's pretty easy. Also, if this is your first time in Valley of Drakes, go left and you WILL find monsters that you haven't encountered yet that can one shot you! :awesome:
In all seriousness, there's a sleeping beast you should go check out. Just don't get too close to him, or try to take his treasure. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom