• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Take off the nostalgia goggles. :troll:
But seriously, you're being too sensitive. >_> If you're getting riled up at some stranger on the Internet saying that DBZ is nothing special (no, just because people watched that as kids doesn't make it necessarily better), I shudder to think at what would be your reaction to real problems.
Lighten up.
I talk **** about stuff I myself watched as a kid. Namely, the Sonic X and Pokémon anime.
There's a difference between being sensitive and calling someone out for bad behavior. This isn't about Dragon Ball Z. If you could state why you don't like it without trolling people, I wouldn't really care. But you heavily implied that Dragon Ball Z is objectively **** and that anyone who likes it is blinded with nostalgia, which is a really rude thing to do.
And FYI, I do react quite poorly to real problems as I have high stress, but that is none of your business.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think you're being insensitive, Frost. Really now, insulting something which others like is not a cool thing to do.

Remember, that DBZ being worse is an opinion, not a fact, no matter how widely held it is. If it were as genuinely bad, it wouldn't have been one of the most successful manga series of all time.

:231:

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I remember watching Pokémon like crazy when I was a kid, but I know that anime is nothing special compared to others I've watched.

But seriously, you're being too sensitive. >_> If you're getting riled up at some stranger on the Internet saying that DBZ is nothing special (no, just because people watched that as kids doesn't make it necessarily better), I shudder to think at what would be your reaction to real problems.

Lighten up.

I talk **** about stuff I myself watched as a kid. Namely, the Sonic X and Pokémon anime.
So essentially what you're saying is that you don't care if someone has a connection to something if it's bad.

Well, no ****s given to anyone/anything I love to you, right?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm totally going to avoid the DBZ talk by posting some of my childhood toys. You guys should kiss and make up totally do the same.
*none of them are actually pictures of mine but you get the idea*

I went through too many Buzz Lightyears. I broke so many of them. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm supposed to get a copy of Metroid Prime 2 coming in the mail soon. I finished the first one, easily one of my favorite games. I know the second one has multiplayer to bumble around in, so that should be fun too.

I'm gonna start it soon, same with the MMX Collection.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I'm supposed to get a copy of Metroid Prime 2 coming in the mail soon. I finished the first one, easily one of my favorite games. I know the second one has multiplayer to bumble around in, so that should be fun too.

I'm gonna start it soon, same with the MMX Collection.
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U eShop? Thought that would be the better and cheaper option. It comes with Prime 3 Corruption which is the best by far. Come at me and say Prime is better. I DARE you.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I actually never played any 3D Metroid game, only a majority of 2D Metroids (then again I only beat Fusion out of all Metroids)

O hei, so I guess I'll post my junk on the social too, you hai guys.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of DBZ, Goku's actually a surprisingly fun character in Smash Flash 2.
Kai-o-Ken for days.

Oddly enough, Goku and Ichigo are among my favorite character to play in the game. Along with Lloyd, just for how loud and annoying he is.

I think he's overpowered. >_> Then again, I play Black Mage, so my perception might be twisted.

Goku can kill Black Mage pretty easy. Kai-o-ken to forward smash kills at around 50% or something. It's ridiculous.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U eShop? Thought that would be the better and cheaper option. It comes with Prime 3 Corruption which is the best by far. Come at me and say Prime is better. I DARE you.
No. I mean I'm getting a Game Cube copy of the game. Prime Trilogy is pretty expensive on the Wii. And I don't think I'd particularly would care for the motion controls.

Kai-o-Ken for days.

Oddly enough, Goku and Ichigo are among my favorite character to play in the game. Along with Lloyd, just for how loud and annoying he is.

Goku can kill Black Mage pretty easy. Kai-o-ken to forward smash kills at around 50% or something. It's ridiculous.
Kaioken is hype. Though I mostly use Mega Man in Smash Flash 2, but I haven't played it much these days.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It's been a long time since I've played SSF2 due to my... wrist problems.
I probably have a Repetitive Strain Injury or something like that.
Which is why I now only game on consoles.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remember when I said we might get MK8 today?
Mom went on my Laptop and conveniently left it on this screen;
REALLY.png

This is for a The Tragically Hip Concert.
643 Dollars (When rounded up)

Are you kidding me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Remember when I said we might get MK8 today?
Mom went on my Laptop and conveniently left it on this screen;
View attachment 40544
This is for a The Tragically Hip Concert.
643 Dollars (When rounded up)

Are you kidding me.
"Uh, Hi hello, I'm calling about my ticket price. Yeah. Ok. Well, I'd like to know if I can trade in some of the money for an arm and a leg. Yes literally. NO!!! Well **** you too buddy!"

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I think he's overpowered. >_> Then again, I play Black Mage, so my perception might be twisted.

He is one of the better characters. I rarely get him compared to the rest of the cast(I play random mostly), but he holds his ground pretty well whenever I do. Haven't really figured out how to play him though, I just play him for the funsies.

One character that's definitely overpowered in SSF2 without a doubt imo is Sora.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I like DBZ, and like I said before, it IS special, it prety much set the standards on which most shonens operate now a days, not to mention making anime boom outside of Japan. There is a reason while its STILL popular: its still fun to watch, as long as youre not looking for Shakespeare.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Play some Zelda or Marth.

Zelda especially, shes better than she could ever be in a Smash game LOL XD :p

I remember watching Pokémon like crazy when I was a kid, but I know that anime is nothing special compared to others I've watched.

Lighten up.

Mmmmm, nice b8 m8, it tastes really nice! :4dedede:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think you're being insensitive, Frost. Really now, insulting something which others like is not a cool thing to do.

Remember, that DBZ being worse is an opinion, not a fact, no matter how widely held it is. If it were as genuinely bad, it wouldn't have been one of the most successful manga series of all time.

I never said it was bad, I said there are better manga/anime than DBZ and that DBZ wasn't anything special. I never once said DBZ was bad. I do give it credit for being successful and upping anime's popularity outside of Japan.

Though I should point out that being successful doesn't necessarily mean it's good. There are loads of successful stuff that is nothing special, if not bad. That is one common fallacy.

Anyway, I think people are being sensitive. Hell, I've seen people talk **** about games like Pokémon Red/Blue, Smash Bros. and other games I've played in my childhood and guess how many ****s I gave? Hint: subtract any number by itself.

So yeah, people should lighten themselves up and not take everything they see on the Internet seriously.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Morning le boards
DBZ discussion?
eeeeeeeh :lol: I'll stay out of this one
Why would you want to?
Come on, tell us what Da Best Zotz are!

Pink Zotz?
Purple Zotz?
Orange Zotz?
Yellow Zotz?
Red Zotz?
or Green Zotz?
:troll:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Why would you want to?
Come on, tell us what Da Best Zotz are!

Pink Zotz?
Purple Zotz?
Orange Zotz?
Yellow Zotz?
Red Zotz?
or Green Zotz?
:troll:
Cherry always has been my favorite flavor
I thought the discussion was about the German newspaper stamp Deutsche Briefmarken-Zeitung

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Cherry always has been my favorite flavor
I thought the discussion was about the German newspaper stamp Deutsche Briefmarken-Zeitung
You idiot!
Be careful! It's a Dark Black Ztar!
upload_2015-2-27_8-33-48.jpeg

These things SUCK in Mario Party!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Metroid Fusion. So good. I actually started learning how to speed run the game but stopped for some reason. I should get back to it.
ah, speedrunning, it's so fun....but you have to put the effort into it.

I did watched some fusion run before and it seems quite hard to speedrun.

Though, I can't recal, does it have major exploit?

I think there wasn't, but might be wrong.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I just tried out Diddy
I think I'll pick him up q.q
I need a pocket top tier and Sheik isn't working out for me

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368

Though, I can't recal, does it have major exploit?

Metroid Fusion is one of the most linear Metroid games out there (not to mention it's pretty text-heavy because of the conversations with Samu's computer), never seen a speedrun of that game but it must be pretty hard. Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission are prob way easier to speedrun because thare are a bunch of ways to exploit the game.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Though, I can't recalll, does it have major exploit?

Out of curiosity Aldelaro, how do you prefer to pronounce X-Naut?
Do you say it like "Ecks-Not" or "Cross-Not"?
I call them Ecks-Nots, even though I know that it's pronounced Cross-Not.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
might be uncommon, but still a thing.

I mean, there's people that like each games more right?
Yeah, I was being a bit hyperbolic. I actually know someone that likes Brawl over Smash 4, lol. And I've seen some reddit /r/smashbros users that think the same. But yes, they're quite uncommon.

I've also noticed a pattern among these people...usually adventure mode and the gameplay are the two main things people consider superior, the former moreso and unanimously too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom