• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh oops I meant Palutena but I dont care if I misspell her name tbh, I don't even like her mainly because of the fans
But Palutuna is going to end up sticking with me
Huh, the only big Palutena fan I can think of is our resident @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit , and he's a cool guy.

I did try to draw her too, but her design is a nightmare. I need to look through more pose and cloth references...

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Funny, Shouldnt it be the other way around?
Oh, heeeeeck no. You don't dis my image without answering to the hair whip!
S-Shantae?! You didn't have to butt into the discussion!
Well, you don't have to butter me up all the time.
GAH! Touché.
I actually made it in Adobe Flash :4pacman:

View attachment 40517
And I made this in SAI! :4pacman:
Sweeto, @SmashRiver64. You have more talent with SAI than I or anyone else can muster.

Anyway, you try listening to some Maniacs of Noise sometime. (Mako pout) Here's a good sample of such, right from that hot oven ReclusiveLemming calls a YouTube channel!

D

Deleted member

Huh, the only big Palutena fan I can think of is our resident @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit , and he's a cool guy.

I did try to draw her too, but her design is a nightmare. I need to look through more pose and cloth references...
Indeed. On an unrelated yet similar note, I tried drawing :4lucina: once and it is hard to do so.

I drew my avatar in Manga Studios in like 5 minutes. Can't draw too much better than this, though.

I made a Sonic OC once, too, but in an direct act of defiance towards SOCIETY I made it an orange pangolin with a purple stripe down it's back based more off of Classic Tails' design than Sonic's.

In other news, I acknowledge that I am in a compliment fishing/intense shame cycle with my fanfic and I hope it stops soon. My fic is not beautiful, but it is not the farty Hot Topic profane cliquey mess that is most other fics currently being updated and I get complimented exactly for and only for what I try for.
Eh, your icon isn't bad. You must be lucky you have Manga Studio though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Thank you. And I can be cool if not provoked, but you should be fine. I mean what's the worse that can happen?
*pictures Grim Reaper with flaming eyes*
Yea... :4palutena:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ Ffamran Ffamran : They don't need to be. Anyone can pull a Wombo Combo anywhere, anytime if they just try it together. (Launch silhouettes of myself doing yoga)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Indeed. On an unrelated yet similar note, I tried drawing :4lucina: once and it is hard to do so.
Lucina seems like she'd be easier to draw, less lacy cloth and such. But she's probably going to be the last one I draw, if I even succeed in finishing more than just the one.
Thank you. And I can be cool if not provoked, but you should be fine. I mean what's the worse that can happen?
*pictures Grim Reaper with flaming eyes*
Yea... :4palutena:
Well there was that one time you destroyed my Pokemon, but I never could bother with breeding or anything.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn : Only the thread's drastic need for moi. (Shoots ton of Flash Bolts into the forums' skybox. They all drop down.) There, ya happy~?
Geez, Shantae. Way to make a huge fireworks show out of--
Don't.
...nice save, Sonic.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux : Man, both Palutena and Lucina seem like colossi to draw, what with their fancy clothing and all. I'm more into drawing levels and the occasional cute Pokémon/creature myself...

D

Deleted member

Lucina seems like she'd be easier to draw, less lacy cloth and such. But she's probably going to be the last one I draw, if I even succeed in finishing more than just the one.

Well there was that one time you destroyed my Pokemon, but I never could bother with breeding or anything.
I might get to draw her again, but I'd have to use one of the official artworks as a testing ground. Same with :4palutena: and everyone else.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I asked for Manga Studios as a Christmas present. I only benefit from the color wheel right now, though. I have no idea how to use anything else. XD

I wanted it because I wanted to make a webcomic, but then I had a crisis in confidence so I only have this one six panel comic on my computer.

It's only about a hundred bucks, though. Much cheaper than Photoshop.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Suddenly I remembered that I was supposed to draw Rei Hino, I don't even have decent pencils :lick:

D

Deleted member

I asked for Manga Studios as a Christmas present. I only benefit from the color wheel right now, though. I have no idea how to use anything else. XD

I wanted it because I wanted to make a webcomic, but then I had a crisis in confidence so I only have this one six panel comic on my computer.

It's only about a hundred bucks, though. Much cheaper than Photoshop.
That's true. Photoshop CS6 is like, what, 600 bucks? That's too expensive. CC might be a better deal for some, but I'm not getting it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh, heeeeeck no. You don't dis my image without answering to the hair whip!
S-Shantae?! You didn't have to butt into the discussion!
Well, you don't have to butter me up all the time.
GAH! Touché.

Sweeto, @SmashRiver64. You have more talent with SAI than I or anyone else can muster.

Anyway, you try listening to some Maniacs of Noise sometime. (Mako pout) Here's a good sample of such, right from that hot oven ReclusiveLemming calls a YouTube channel!
Psh, you like swooping?
Please, everybody knows that REAL experts Swoocidy Swooce.
:troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I might get to draw her again, but I'd have to use one of the official artworks as a testing ground. Same with :4palutena: and everyone else.
I use various artworks for inspiration, and screenshots I take in Smash to get a general idea of how they pose, how clothes/hair flows, etc. Once I got to colouring Rosalina, I just used her official Smash render as a base to pick my colours from.
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux : Man, both Palutena and Lucina seem like colossi to draw, what with their fancy clothing and all. I'm more into drawing levels and the occasional cute Pokémon/creature myself...
I mostly draw my own ideas, but fanart is always a nice break from it. Even if it's still a pain.

D

Deleted member

I use various artworks for inspiration, and screenshots I take in Smash to get a general idea of how they pose, how clothes/hair flows, etc. Once I got to colouring Rosalina, I just used her official Smash render as a base to pick my colours from.

I mostly draw my own ideas, but fanart is always a nice break from it. Even if it's still a pain.
I see. When I get to draw a character, I draw them in their specific art style. This is an example. I should do what you said though, if I ever want to draw those characters.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We'll get Mewtwo as a POTD

Inb4 Smash Run info

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I see. When I get to draw a character, I draw them in their specific art style. This is an example. I should do what you said though, if I ever want to draw those characters.
I don't have a particular style, so my stuff always comes out different. I do try to make them resemble certain styles, though, but for these, I'm trying to keep it a general "Smash" style. Other elements do seep in, though. Just go with the flow.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, Photoshop's prices are insanely high.

Maybe one of these days I'll post the thing I drew on here. I'll have to upload it somewhere first, though.

I thought of an idea for a comic back when FE:A was the topic of discussion on here. I need to check and see if it's funny because I'm not sure. It's a bit rougher than my normal fare, though.

Robin: So. . . why was Lucina trying to open the gates of Heck again?

Sonic: I dunno, ask yourself.

Robin: Excuse me?

Sonic: You DO remember she was raised by evil bad future you, right?

Robin: . . .

*switch area to bad future*

Evil Robin: And remember the most important thing, sugar puff.

I"M THE DEVIIIIIIIIIL!

5 year old Lucina: O.O :[

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im check that info i found for getting custom moves

Basic the biggest one is this

Play as mario on a mario stage in classic = higher chances of getting custom moves for mario characters

Duck hunt dog on the duck hunt stage = higher odds of getting a custom move for the dog

And so on

So the only character this will not work with is R.O.B due to not having a stage, so do the homerun bat trick with R.O.B on crazy orders when you find a R.O.B present

(i think the odds increase for a moves if the present icon matches your character icon for double chance, and i think triple of character + present + stage matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom