• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
Who's show hasn't been good since 2003?
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Simpsons is worse than Pokémon.
This. Same can be said for any Seth MacFarlane show that isn't named American Dad (Family Guy went downhill since the last few seasons IMO) and most recent Adult Swim animated comedies. I feel that South Park and American Dad are like the only adult animated sitcoms that has consistently good writing these days.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Why don't you go to bed, Lucario?

I don't know why I have this urge to beat this dead horse repeatedly.
Because its not even bedtime yet!

And you do so because telling me to go to bed gives you the feeling of nostalgia.

_gold_

Smash Master
I haven't watched Pokemon since it's new season. It's probably been several months now.
All I remember is the last episode I watched, I wanted to punch a wall. It was sooooo bad.

Morbi

Scavenger
I haven't watched Pokemon since it's new season. It's probably been several months now.
All I remember is the last episode I watched, I wanted to punch a wall. It was sooooo bad.
I haven't watched Pokemon since Dawn became part of the show, I suppose I just grew up (or the show magically turned bad).

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You guys should all watch a great Direct-to-video movie called Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins. :troll:

It was suprisingly decent for a series centered around keeping Toy Story alive during the 2000s.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TPP finds a Wild :018:

And the chat erupts with screams of "CATCH, CATCH BIRD JESUS SwiftRage"

That was great lol, even me wants to get a Pidgeot again because it crits a lot due its speed

Soul.

This. Same can be said for any Seth MacFarlane show that isn't named American Dad (Family Guy went downhill since the last few seasons IMO) and most recent Adult Swim animated comedies. I feel that South Park and American Dad are like the only adult animated sitcoms that has consistently good writing these days.
I dunno, I think South Park is getting worse with each episode. Season 18 was garbage. Continuity, continuity, continuity, continuity, continuity, continuity, and continuity. Continuity was the main point of that season.
I haven't watched it ever since D/P ended. Watched one episode of B/W, didn't want to watch it. X/Y is bleh.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Well, I think we can all agree that these two shows are two of the best ones out there right now that we can be thankful for

_gold_

Smash Master
The last... watchable season of Pokemon was Frontier. After that, I couldn't take it.
I'm not trying to sound cliche, but season 1 was truly the best. Quality show.
Schrodinger's cat is a better simile. And a confusing theory.
Who?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I dunno, I think South Park is getting worse with each episode. Season 18 was garbage. Continuity, continuity, continuity, continuity, continuity, continuity, and continuity. Continuity was the main point of that season.

I haven't watched it ever since D/P ended. Watched one episode of B/W, didn't want to watch it. X/Y is bleh.
Season 18? I suppose that is the reason why the writing has become substandard over the course of its duration. Honestly, if you get to that coveted tenth season, do your show a favor and end it.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The last... watchable season of Pokemon was Frontier. After that, I couldn't take it.
I'm not trying to sound cliche, but season 1 was truly the best. Quality show.
The Metapod battle was memorably funny.

Because it doesn't require a laugh track.

D

Deleted member

I never laughed. Honestly, I never did. Season 18 was awful. If they're going to keep with the continuity idea, I think they should just end it then. Of course, change can sometimes work, but eh...

Soul.

Season 18? I suppose that is the reason why the writing has become substandard over the course of its duration. Honestly, if you get to that coveted tenth season, do your show a favor and end it.
In all honesty South Park is what the Simpsons is to Viacom or whatever.
Previous seasons were funnier.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've missed out on that very season, but god that sounds terrible. Isn't negative continuity one of the things that shows like South Park are famous for? I did know that Satan made an appearance in the Freemium episode though. :laugh:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

South Park has been stale for a while, despite I liked the Lorde/Randy Marsh stuff and the Oculus Rift episode confused me hard.

DP was great (because Dawn and great battles....and Dawn again), BW was a plain failed attempt to reboot Ash
XY keeps getting better at slow steps but sometimes feels really weak too

Morbi

Scavenger
I've missed out on that very season, but god that sounds terrible. Isn't negative continuity one of the things that shows like South Park are famous for? I did know that Satan made an appearance in the Freemium episode though. :laugh:
The real issue with continuity is the notion that they cannot murder Kenny every single episode.

D

Deleted member

No one would watch it because it is so incredibly boring.
Would it be called Social & Thread? It's a hour-long show in which the first half is all about the users themselves (personal lives, lolanonymity) and the latter half is all about them posting comments in the thread. Clang clang. :troll:

Even Season 17, which felt meh as well, was better.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The real issue with continuity is the notion that they cannot murder Kenny every single episode.
They need to kill Kenny in every episode again, they have better effects and 3D, which means that Kenny can die in more spectacular ways now instead of dying because he was too bored or something

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow, it is like Season 6 of South Park all over again when they had him dead for an entire season (Retconed with his revival in the Red Sleigh Down). But at least Tweek and Butters made up for it in the past, especially Butters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They need to kill Kenny in every episode again, they have better effects and 3D, which means that Kenny can die in more spectacular ways now instead of dying because he was too bored or something
Meh, I would agree but... the creators grew tired of killing Kenny in every single episode back in the day, so that's why the Season 5 episode, "Kenny Dies", exists. After Season 7 came into fruition, the practice of killing the character has since become seldom used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
No one would watch it because it is so incredibly boring.
And then one of the characters whips out the Playboy magazine...
It would have like one season, then it'd be cancelled.
Most likely due to one of the characters drinking in between episodes.
I.e. 90% of the cast, including the mods :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And then one of the characters whips out the Playboy magazine...

Most likely due to one of the characters drinking in between episodes.
I.e. 90% of the cast, including the mods :troll:
and 2% of the 90% would be off doing something use. Me and @WolfieXVII playing persona. **** the show we have Persona to fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom