• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
But what about Regular Show?
I have never watched The Regular Show, but I am also not above trashing a show that I have never seen before either. The Regular Show is worse than The Wire (absolute and utter trash) and everyone who thinks otherwise are deluding themselves.

Last edited:

Soul.

The problem with AT is that it has a deeper underlying plot but the creators turn 90% of the episodes into noncanon, acid trips. Regular Show is great in characterization but Steven Universe is the best cartoon on CN. Clarence has its ups and downs (more downs because of Clarence but ups for other characters and the fact that Jeff has two moms)

Gumball, TTG, and Uncle Grandpa can rot. :glare:
I honestly don't care about the three shows. Adventure Time is trash, Regular Show is whatever, and Steven Ubisoft is just this little guy with video game dolls imo.
In retrospect, I watched CN just for Pokémon. Now they air X/Y which is yawn. I don't watch it anymore. If I want to watch it I can simply go to YouTube and watch episodes. Screw going to another site just to watch an episode.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If I had to pick my favorite cartoons that are still running, I'd go with:
  • Gravity Falls (Do I really need to explain why this show is the best thing on Disney XD?)
  • Steven Universe
  • TMNT
  • Regular Show
  • To a lesser extent, Adventure Time

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The problem with AT is that it has a deeper underlying plot but the creators turn 90% of the episodes into noncanon, acid trips. Regular Show is great in characterization but Steven Universe is the best cartoon on CN. Clarence has its ups and downs (more downs because of Clarence but ups for other characters and the fact that Jeff has two moms)

Gumball, TTG, and Uncle Grandpa can rot. :glare:
I'm still going to defend Gumball and Uncle Grandpa because I like those shows, but TTG definitely needs to go. I haven't seen it have a single defender.

As for iCarly... it was a guilty pleasure. I knew why it was terrible, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have never watched The Regular Show, but I am also not above trashing a show that I have never seen before either. The Regular Show is worse than The Wire (absolute and utter trash) and everyone who thinks otherwise are deluding themselves.
I don't really watch TV so I can't say anything about these networks. I've gone to places and did see them, and god, I can't stand them. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

I really think the show is really overrated and bland sometimes, the only good thing on it is the Latin dub which is great.

The dub really heps or sinks a series here, for example:
The Penguins of Madagascar are a very liked show here because the high quality and creativity of the dub
DBZ Kai is highly despised because the dubbing house didn't used the original VAs
I felt like asking "why is Kai horrible"?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You and most people didn't notice the clues leading up to that...I didn't either because I just started reading from a few chapters ago. I should start reading it from the beginning. I didn't think they'd reach the final stretch so soon. I expected at least 200 chapters.
I did remember Matsui saying that he would't want to stretch the story too long (About a few years ago), so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends this fall or next winter. Now that I think of it, there really isn't much left to do since every student had been developed and Shiro only has a few trump cards left up his sleeve. Then the final arc should obviously involve the last fight between Class E and their own teacher since killing him was their goal since Day 1 of class.

The only clues I could have thought of leading to that point was the fact that she couldn't swim and loved sweets (traits that could be shared with Koro-Sensei). That Valentine's cover for Chapter 125 is another great use of foreshadowing since it subtly hinted towards her love of him a few chapters before the reveal. :laugh:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I only watch regular Show and Steven Universe on cartoon network. Adventure Time really went down hill for me after Finn met his real father.
Gumball and Clarence they'er not bad just not for me.
and Uncle Grandpa sucks.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I honestly don't care about the three shows. Adventure Time is trash, Regular Show is whatever, and Steven Ubisoft is just this little guy with video game dolls imo.
In retrospect, I watched CN just for Pokémon. Now they air X/Y which is yawn. I don't watch it anymore. If I want to watch it I can simply go to YouTube and watch episodes. Screw going to another site just to watch an episode.
But Steven's video game toys only appeared in one episode for a few minutes...

Regardless, I go on YouTube/"Legal" Streaming websites for my older cartoon needs. If you guys haven't already, I recommend Gargoyles (skip Season 3, that's when Disney screwed it over).
And you should watch Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, no Toy Story bias here
Unless one laughs at laugh tracks. Under those circumstance, it is precisely what makes one funny.
And that's why all of Disney Channel's live-action shows incorporate laugh tracks. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yay, more Pokegen (Pokemon generation) talk! 5th generation is love, 5th generation is life (Don't judge, it has N Harmonia and the best Pokemon plot in history).

Today's chapter of Assassination Classroom was literally insane since we're in the final stretch based on Matsui's statement and the unexpected twist.

Kayano was revealed to have the same tentacles as Itona and Koro-Sensei, except they grew from the back of her very frail neck. Not only that, but she created a pitfall with her monster strength and declared her yandere love for Koro-Sensei as the two fall down.

Matsui was a master troll for this reveal and he arguably sank the ship of all the Nagisa x Ayano shippers in the world. Never before had a group of shippers been BTFO'd since the reveal of the two Lemongrabs being brothers instead of lovers. :troll:
I really didn't see that twist coming. This chapter was brutally insane! =O

Seriously, WTF.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
When do you suppose you stopped liking the anime? Like I was at a loss for words when Misty left! I was ok with Dawn but Ash's girl traveling companions are no match for Misty ;~;

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Unless one laughs at laugh tracks. Under those circumstance, it is precisely what makes one funny.
You mean legitimately laughing at the laugh track itself? Or suffering from operant conditioning triggered by the sound of a laugh track?

I fail to understand the former, and fail to pity the latter.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I honestly like Adventure Time, well actually I enjoy the episodes that build on its apocalyptic background (which air like one every blue moon)
Regular Show was okay when I was younger
Granted I haven't watched CN in like a year
I've barely seen Steven Universe LOL
All I really watch is ESPN, AMC, the CW and the occasional awesome movie. The cartoons on these days aren't exactly quality :b

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't really watch TV so I can't say anything about these networks. I've gone to places and did see them, and god, I can't stand them. :troll:
The only television shows that I enjoy are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Otherwise, I just watch AMC Movie Talk. It is some sort of podcast on YouTube. That is really the only thing I watch as I await the next season of GoT.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
When do you suppose you stopped liking the anime? Like I was at a loss for words when Misty left! I was ok with Dawn but Ash's girl traveling companions are no match for Misty ;~;
I was at a loss for words when the anime was still running. :4charizard:
Irony, both shows have been stale for a decade :4wario:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Darn I suppose I missed the Pokemon talk. Sorta glad I did as I can get carried away in defending gen 5 lol. (Vanilite FTW!)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You mean legitimately laughing at the laugh track itself? Or suffering from operant conditioning triggered by the sound of a laugh track?

I fail to understand the former, and fail to pity the latter.
A laugh track makes everything funnier, though:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Cartoons now? Eh, I pretty much went through all of the shows on CN now and just straight-faced them. Hell, I haven't even bothered watching TV in a good while. Can hardly find anything on worthwhile anyway :/

Everything else that I was into either ended, or I'm patiently waiting for a new season...GoT, Breaking Bad, etc.

Edit - Oh wow, I just looked at Morbid's post above. We really do have similar tastes y'know.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ooh, cartoon talk.

I still like Adventure Time. Regular Show too. Both started going in deeper stuff as they grew bigger into their later seasons (especially Adventure Time, though there are a few turns they took later on that I don't agree with at all and thought could've been handled way better)

I liked Gumball when it first started but it started going downhill reeeaaally quickly for me, I stopped watching it after just a few season 2 episodes (there are a lot of s1 episodes I don't like either).

TTG is a load of garbage. It's not just the fact that they tried to put too much focus on humor and make most of the cast stupid, less mature and unreasonable, but also because most of the jokes....in all honesty, are just pretty bad and uncreative. In my opinion anyway.

I'd be ever so happy to see Clarence get cancelled.

And I still haven't gotten around to giving Steven Universe a try.

Nickeldeon still has a good Spongebob episode on occasion, it's had quite a few drops in quality over the years. A lot of characters suffered from, as TV Tropes puts it, Flanderization. Mr. Krabs for example doesn't care about money for it's value anymore, he just obsesses over it for the sake of it being money, to the point where the jokes about him being cheap are thrown in every time possible, they've made it predictable and boring. And it's made Mr. Krabs, in my opinion, just an irritating character.

Disney's still got Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder, both of which are really creative and clever shows. That's mostly all I need for now. I really should catch up on Adventure Time again sometime though.

Soul.

I dunno. Watched a bit here and there; I didn't watch a lot of Pokémon anime episodes.
I was at a loss for words when the anime was still running. :4charizard:
Irony, both shows have been stale for a decade :4wario:
Simpsons is worse than Pokémon.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The only good things I watch that still air are
-The Penguins (great dub as I said before)
-Raddids Invasion (for the lelz, and with the hops of seeing a Rayman reference hidden)
-Regular Show
-Pre-Movie SpongeBob episodes
-TMNT

There's nothing else good in that channels

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the Penguins of Madagascar. I love that show.

Also, there are a few live-action shows that I'm really into. Namingly, Doctor Who and Sleepy Hollow.

_gold_

Smash Master
I miss old Disney Channel shows too.
Let's face it, kids these days have it pretty rough when it comes to quality TV shows.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Let's face it, kids these days have it pretty rough when it comes to quality TV shows.
I need some That's So Raven and Cheetah Girls in my life.

...I may or may not have enjoyed the Disney Channel movies from the late '90s to 2006. >_>

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
They can't have it rough if they don't know quality to begin with. Kids brains are sponges.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Luckily there's internet to watch Good'Ol stuff or good quality series online

I watch Sailor Moon daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom