• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm not saying anything about Nickelodeon's programming, which has its fans. But their layout should revert to its 1980s form.

Seriously, listen to that! Why did they ever get rid of it?
We can blame it on this, bruh:

Of course, back when Nickelodeon had those idents, it was owned by Warner-Amex.. funny, right?

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not saying anything about Nickelodeon's programming, which has its fans. But their layout should revert to its 1980s form.

Seriously, listen to that! Why did they ever get rid of it?
Honestly, I am not sure how Nickelodeon still exists in a world with Cartoon Network. I only hear high praise for whatever the popular CN show currently is; however, I do not know anything about Nickelodeon's line-up aside from Spongebob.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just turn it off. I may dislike the changes they've done to the site, but honestly, why bother if alternative sites aren't the same.
Yeah I just did that, but still that autoplay functions just annoy me :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I just did that, but still that autoplay functions just annoy me :p
True, it annoys me a lot too. Can't do anything about that. If I was CEO of Google, I'd go back to the 2010-style site, or just spin off YouTube into its own company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yay, more Pokegen (Pokemon generation) talk! 5th generation is love, 5th generation is life (Don't judge, it has N Harmonia and the best Pokemon plot in history).

Today's chapter of Assassination Classroom was literally insane since we're in the final stretch based on Matsui's statement and the unexpected twist.

Kayano was revealed to have the same tentacles as Itona and Koro-Sensei, except they grew from the back of her very frail neck. Not only that, but she created a pitfall with her monster strength and declared her yandere love for Koro-Sensei as the two fall down.

Matsui was a master troll for this reveal and he arguably sank the ship of all the Nagisa x Ayano shippers in the world. Never before had a group of shippers been BTFO'd since the reveal of the two Lemongrabs being brothers instead of lovers. :troll:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, Persian got Deposited and they got that stupid Snorlax

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Honestly, I am not sure how Nickelodeon still exists in a world with Cartoon Network. I only hear high praise for whatever the popular CN show currently is; however, I do not know anything about Nickelodeon's line-up aside from Spongebob.
CN's starting to crumble again as well. SU and AT fans are panicking because over 50% of the network's airtime is Gumball and TTG! now.
We've lost Boomerang now, too. Now it airs "classics" like The Garfield Show, What's New Scooby Doo, and... more TTG! and Gumball. I mean, I like Gumball and all, but COME ON!

We can blame it on this, bruh:

Of course, back when Nickelodeon had those idents, it was owned by Warner-Amex.. funny, right?
Lesser of two evils, man.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
We're back to Pokegen talk? I'm not repeating myself in full.

Long story short; love both Hoenn and Sinnoh, Kanto's nostalgic, Johto was a'ight, and Kalos and Unova were somewhat lackluster.

ohandhai.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Nick line up is bad, it just like Disney right now too many sitcoms and they just rerun Spongebob to death , all of their cartoons are being pushed on Nicktoons.

Morbi

Scavenger
We're back to Pokegen talk? I'm not repeating myself in full.

Long story short; love both Hoenn and Sinnoh, Kanto's nostalgic, Johto was a'ight, and Kalos and Unova were somewhat lackluster.

ohandhai.
Nice format, I am going to try it.

Long story short: Kanto and Johto are the only real Pokemon Generations, I enjoy Hoenn as well; Hoenn is love, Hoenn is life. Sinnoh is probably secretly Digimon, Unova was somewhat lackluster, and Kalos used necromancy on Pokemon.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So Nintendo made their own Oscars:

The Dragonite Award: For Best Film Featuring A Dragon

Dragonite. Not Ridley. :troll:

Soul.

So Nintendo made their own Oscars:

The Dragonite Award: For Best Film Featuring A Dragon

Dragonite. Not Ridley. :troll:
Oh joy, incoming "#Dragonite4Smash" posts

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

CN's starting to crumble again as well. SU and AT fans are panicking because over 50% of the network's airtime is Gumball and TTG! now.
We've lost Boomerang now, too. Now it airs "classics" like The Garfield Show, What's New Scooby Doo, and... more TTG! and Gumball. I mean, I like Gumball and all, but COME ON!

Lesser of two evils, man.
What do you expect? They want to turn Boomerang into a "second flagship" channel of sorts. I don't get the idea, but okay.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Nick line up is bad, it just like Disney right now too many sitcoms and they just rerun Spongebob to death , all of their cartoons are being pushed on Nicktoons.
After iCarly and Victorious ended/cancelled Nickelodeon was just going downhill fast
..yes I watched them dontjudgeme

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
What do you expect? They want to turn Boomerang into a "second flagship" channel of sorts. I don't get the idea, but okay.
It's redundant, that's what it is. The only difference between Boomerang and CN now are Garfield and Tom & Jerry. (Both of which I hate. If they were going to throw away all the classic shows except one, why Tom & Jerry?!)

Soul.

Indeed. I hate it when gumballs lose their flavor with one minute. Juicy fruit tier, most likely. Anyways, after that, I spit that gumball into the trash. Totally agree.
Yeah, I agree with this too, because seeing a blue gumball in real environments is so good.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At least Nickeodeon is still decent in Lat. America, specially because they added a block of classics on Thursdays that are voted by people.
CN just lives on rerrunning Adventure Time + Chespirito ad nauseam
Disney XD can just rot in hell

Luckily we have Nicktoons Channel too and Tooncast is the paradise

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yay, more Pokegen (Pokemon generation) talk! 5th generation is love, 5th generation is life (Don't judge, it has N Harmonia and the best Pokemon plot in history).

Today's chapter of Assassination Classroom was literally insane since we're in the final stretch based on Matsui's statement and the unexpected twist.

Kayano was revealed to have the same tentacles as Itona and Koro-Sensei, except they grew from the back of her very frail neck. Not only that, but she created a pitfall with her monster strength and declared her yandere love for Koro-Sensei as the two fall down.

Matsui was a master troll for this reveal and he arguably sank the ship of all the Nagisa x Ayano shippers in the world. Never before had a group of shippers been BTFO'd since the reveal of the two Lemongrabs being brothers instead of lovers. :troll:
You and most people didn't notice the clues leading up to that...I didn't either because I just started reading from a few chapters ago. I should start reading it from the beginning. I didn't think they'd reach the final stretch so soon. I expected at least 200 chapters.

D

Deleted member

Boomerang was my safe haven. Sad to see it too bite the dust.
Watch as it gets to be a big mistake on Turner / Time Warner's part and make the channel go back to the way it was before the rebranding. :smirk:

Soul.

At least Nickeodeon is still decent in Lat. America, specially because they added a block of classics on Thursdays that are voted by people.

Adventure Time is so overrated that if you say the show sucks people come at you and argue.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So Boomerang doesn't show the 60s cartoons anymore as well? :(
They TECHNICALLY do... during the [adult swim] hours.

I think they did Nick Rewind in US for a while several years ago, but they cut it out after a very short time for some reason.
And over here, Nicktoons Network was New!Boomerang long before Boomerang was New!Boomerang. I'm still sore that they stopped rerunning KaBlam!, and that was over a decade ago.

Adventure Time is so overrated that if you say the show sucks people come at you and argue.
I find it hit-and-miss. Not terrible, but not nearly as good as its fanbase makes it out to be either.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The problem with AT is that it has a deeper underlying plot but the creators turn 90% of the episodes into noncanon, acid trips. Regular Show is great in characterization but Steven Universe is the best cartoon on CN. Clarence has its ups and downs (more downs because of Clarence but ups for other characters and the fact that Jeff has two moms)

Gumball, TTG, and Uncle Grandpa can rot. :glare:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Fanbases in a nutshell.

Adventure Time sucks, it is a horrible show and I doubt anyone could convince me otherwise.
It's your opinion. I used to love it, but nowadays, episodes seem to be hit or miss for me. I see Steven Universe as the better quality CN show now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I really think the show is really overrated and bland sometimes, the only good thing on it is the Latin dub which is great.

The dub really heps or sinks a series here, for example:
The Penguins of Madagascar are a very liked show here because the high quality and creativity of the dub
DBZ Kai is highly despised because the dubbing house didn't used the original VAs

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Ice King and Marceline's story is the best thing that ever happened to AT.

Finn is whiny and Jake is probably smoking joints with Shelby and B-MO. :troll:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I won't judge you. But I can criminally demean you for your sense of taste from childhood.
But, but they were funny! :D And I'm 18 so before I could "relate" to those shows, right? As one would. But not now obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom