• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I meant 3DS and Wii U versions, not regional versions.

Some characters/objects will only appear on the 3DS version, while others are exclusive to the Wii U version.

The majority of them appear in both versions, though.

Copy-pasted from SmashWiki, here are all the possibilities for the Namco Roulette taunt.
  • King from King & Balloon (3DS version only)
  • Andor Genesis from Xevious (Wii U version only)
  • Clovis from Dragon Buster
  • Don-Chan from Taiko Drum Master
  • The "Hypership" from Gaplus
  • A fighter from Bosconian
  • A fighter from Galaga
  • Galaxip from Galaxian
  • A ghost when turned blue from Pac-Man (3DS version only)
  • Gilgamesh from The Tower of Druaga
  • Mappy
  • A car from Rally-X
  • A Runner from Metro-Cross (Wii U version only)
  • A Paccet from Baraduke
  • A Pooka from Dig Dug
  • Red Baron from Sky Kid
  • Valkyrie from Valkyrie no Densetsu (Wii U version only)
  • A Secret Fighter from Gaplus
  • The Solvalou from Xevious
  • Topcup from Libble Rabble

[insert text here to avoid infraction from mods. If you're a mod: Hi! How are you? :grin:]

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I meant 3DS and Wii U versions, not regional versions.

Some characters/objects will only appear on the 3DS version, while others are exclusive to the Wii U version.

The majority of them appear in both versions, though.

Copy-pasted from SmashWiki, here are all the possibilities for the Namco Roulette taunt.
  • King from King & Balloon (3DS version only)
  • Andor Genesis from Xevious (Wii U version only)
  • Clovis from Dragon Buster
  • Don-Chan from Taiko Drum Master
  • The "Hypership" from Gaplus
  • A fighter from Bosconian
  • A fighter from Galaga
  • Galaxip from Galaxian
  • A ghost when turned blue from Pac-Man (3DS version only)
  • Gilgamesh from The Tower of Druaga
  • Mappy
  • A car from Rally-X
  • A Runner from Metro-Cross (Wii U version only)
  • A Paccet from Baraduke
  • A Pooka from Dig Dug
  • Red Baron from Sky Kid
  • Valkyrie from Valkyrie no Densetsu (Wii U version only)
  • A Secret Fighter from Gaplus
  • The Solvalou from Xevious
  • Topcup from Libble Rabble
Christ almighty. You could make an entire fighting roster out of that!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Or it could be a mini direct for something like Yoshi's Wolly World, StarFox Wii U, or Xenoblade X, you never know.
I think we need a full direct for SMT x FE alone lol.

Atlus... y u so secretive? :urg:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kinda liked SF Assault, though ._. My only qualm with that one was that it was quite short.

Soul.

The last one I watched was his Conker one in 2011. I haven't kept up on his, ProtonJon's or TRG's videos in quite a while. I'm only up to date with Chuggaaconroy right now since he's playing Xenoblade.
I don't watch Let's Play videos nowadays. I don't know why; I did in 2011 with botters such as SullyPwnz, ZeldaMaster2010, PurpleRodri and his dumb policy of "if you have the same artwork as mine I'll ask you to remove the icon!", Giancarloparimango11 with his Pokémon stuff and lol the hilarity that was PIMPNITE's channel. Now that's gone and botters don't get a lot of video views anymore.

Me neither. Last time I watched his videos was in 2010.. the golden year. :troll:
2010 da bess u ever had

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
If Krystal was to ever join Smash Brothers, this would be great for her trailer or song in the game or something
Sadly Command was such an understated DS game! But it had some badass music

D

Deleted member

I'm a big Star Fox Adventures fan, so this is pretty awesome. Miyamoto made Rare change Dinosaur Planet for the N64 into Star Fox Adventures for the GameCube. Would have been on the largest cartridge size and required the Expansion Pak.

Kinda looks more like a PS1 / Saturn game to me lol, but it's interesting to see what the game looked before its GameCube retooling.

D

Deleted member

Mockery aside, your avatar is pretty awesome. Mewtwo and Dark Pit? Two of my favorite characters? You get an extremely rare, elusive and truly few-of-a-kind Frostwraith Seal of Approval.
When you think about it, the two would probably get along very well.

R0Y

Smash Master
Kinda looks more like a PS1 / Saturn game to me lol, but it's interesting to see what the game looked before its GameCube retooling.
Check out the dynamic lighting, draw distance, and stuff. One of the most technically advanced if not the most technically advanced N64 game, to be sure. That's not to say the geometry and textures don't look uglier at times than say Perfect Dark though. But the game is a stunner for the time.

The Wii U could have really used Rare's IP's.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When you think about it, the two would probably get along very well.
Considering they're both clones (in the literal sense, obviously) created for selfish purposes, yeah, I think they would.

Mewtwo... Pittoo... I can't help but think the translators localized the nickname he has in the Japanese version (ブラピ Burapi, a shortening of ブラックピット Black Pit) like that as a reference to Mewtwo, especially considering Palutena says "as in Pit Two".

As a matter of curiosity, Google's Japanese IME has a huge load of game and anime titles and characters available for input. When I inputted the kana for Black Pit, one of the choices was ブラックピットのテーマ (Black Pit's Theme, as in, his theme song).

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Omg I just realized what the thread title was referring to!
So I automatically thought of this
So it should be called: You Were Expecting The Social Thread 4.0, But It's Me, Waluigi!
That's what the thread title means, that it was referring to Dio...right?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Omg I just realized what the thread title was referring to!
So I automatically thought of this
So it should be called: You Were Expecting The Social Thread 4.0, But It's Me, Waluigi!
That's what the thread title means, that it was referring to Dio...right?
Nope.
Waluigi Brawl in the Family

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Check out the dynamic lighting, draw distance, and stuff. One of the most technically advanced if not the most technically advanced N64 game, to be sure. That's not to say the geometry and textures don't look uglier at times than say Perfect Dark though. But the game is a stunner for the time.

The Wii U could have really used Rare's IP's.
Yep. Pretty nice for a Nintendo 64 game. I wonder what would've happened if they released it that way.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Yep. Pretty nice for a Nintendo 64 game. I wonder what would've happened if they released it that way.
Probably would've crashed and burned as a late N64 title. But Krystal might've appeared in Melee and saved the franchise.

Soul.

Wasn't the most advanced N64 game at the time Banjo-Tooie / Conker's Bad Fur Day?

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I'm so bored. I wish they'd do a direct this week.
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now! Hell, even a Splatoon, Codename S.T.E.A.M or such like Direct would satisfy me. Though I eagerly await the next proper one, gimme the Mewtwo trailer/date and an English trailer/release date for Xenoblade X already Nintendo!

_gold_

Smash Master
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now! Hell, even a Splatoon, Codename S.T.E.A.M or such like Direct would satisfy me. Though I eagerly await the next proper one, gimme the Mewtwo trailer/date and an English trailer/release date for Xenoblade X already Nintendo!
I'm getting tired of the same ol' Splatoon and Steam type directs. I agree that the longer the gap in between directs are, the juicier they get. I'd like to see some more info on the MK8 DLC, Mewtwo, Mario Maker, and my goodness, WHEN IS YARN YOSHI COMING OUT!?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm getting tired of the same ol' Splatoon and Steam type directs. I agree that the longer the gap in between directs are, the juicier they get. I'd like to see some more info on the MK8 DLC, Mewtwo, Mario Maker, and my goodness, WHEN IS YARN YOSHI COMING OUT!?
Well, I think I stopped to care a lot about direct now because:

• I can never predict the mind blowing
  • I know Paper Mario will only get on E3 and not before (seriosuly, if it happens in a direct, see first point).
  • Most of the time it's about game I jsut don't care.
So, I'm looking more forward to E3 because of these reasons.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm always excited for directs. Why? I set my expectations reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal low so that everything becomes news to me.

Works everytime. :troll:

_gold_

Smash Master
I hate in the directs when they switch over to the Nintendo Treehouse. Iwata is the guy with all the great material!
Get the camera off Bill!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One thing though, I'll never get up early for a Direct ever again. Last time on January 14 I felt extremely tired as the day progressed. *laughs*

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
The only thing I want to see in a Direct is Zelda U , Star fox U, and More Xenoblade X news, and maybe some new games and that's it. I don't see anything they can talk about beyond that.

_gold_

Smash Master
One thing though, I'll never get up early for a Direct ever again. Last time on January 14 I felt extremely tired as the day progressed. *laughs*
I'm in central time, and I never seem to have that problem. For me, it's usually like 10 o'clock or later.

D

Deleted member

I'm in central time, and I never seem to have that problem. For me, it's usually like 10 o'clock or later.
I got up as early as 7 AM just to be prepared for it. Never took a nap so that must be why.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only thing I want to see in a Direct is Zelda U , Star fox U, and More Xenoblade X news, and maybe some new games and that's it. I don't see anything they can talk about beyond that.
Same, albeit, I do not really want to see more Xenoblade X news. Then again, I am not the one with a Shulk avatar.

Zelda U, Star Fox U, or new games, on the other hand, would be perfect.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
*Nintendo execs read complaints for new games*

Nintendo: DID SOMEBODY SAY MORE :4mario: GAMES!?
:4wario2::4wario::4wario2::4wario::4wario2::4wario:

D

Deleted member

How about that SMT x FE? :glare:
Will SMT x FE become the next Duke Nukem Forever? Find out in the next episode of Smashboards Z. :troll:
While I am joking of course and not big on RPGs, there should be news on that game. We haven't heard about it since 2013.

Soul.

I'm getting tired of Gen 6, so Game Freak you better start working on a new Pokémon game for the New 3DS or something.
SMT x FE must be in development hell. Maybe lack of agreement between Atlus and IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom