• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
That's your opinion. Facts win arguments, not opinions. ;) I'm not saying you're wrong, but none of can be proven precisely.
I didn't think I had to restate the obvious: that it's my opinion on a message board via the internet. Not much of anything can be proven precisely; I don't see why that's relevant. People can still debate (though I'm helping trainwreck that w/ Bone lolololposting).

I thought you and Bone were friends.. I could've sworn you guys were talking to eachother at a tournament, but I guess I was wrong. =0
Naw, only time I've said anything to him when we were having our tourny match at UCLA.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Peace and Love!

Kind of off topic from the flame wars, but I think Rick should be a panelist to rep SD. Even though we all still consider Edrees SD, the face remains that he doesn't live here anymore :'( Bone and Pat are too cocky (lol) and I'm too lazy. Rick is too nice, but of all our flaws that's probably the best one to have, so I nominate him.
Aw, thank you Pat! <3
I don't think they are looking for a panelist, but if they need a new SD person, I'll be happy to accept :]

where does edrees live now?
Edrees currently lives in Anaheim, where his current job is. But we all eagerly anticipate his return to San Diego! :]

people caring about this list is so last year
Romeo619 for best post of all time! Play with us again! :]

i think the san diego kids are waaay better than phood's list.

St. Patrick and Rickety are gonna get on, because they're ****? duh...
Gabe and ultra might get bumped off, not because they're not good but because they've been MIA for awhile.
boss and kira also stepped it up lately from what I've seen.

if you want a more frequent updated list, you need a more spread out panel, 1 or 2 people from each region, then it could possibly work. it would work as more of a "who's on fire" list, sortof..
Aw, thank you Emerican! (Brett?)
I think there are lots of other smashers before me who deserve that spot, though, :]
Ooh! Remember when you played my brother, Tony? The Falcon ditto on Mute City! :-P
SA3Tony for top 10 ;)

When are the Palmdale Tauntsies coming back? I can't wait to play everyone in Palmdale for once! It seems like I only get to play 1-2 palmdale smashers per tournament :(
Are you guys coming to the UCSD tournament? <3

as far as sd goes i know u guys are really good i saw u at ucla but your not the onle kids on the block who are getting better p and atlus are getting really good i have seen them play recently i cant say for sd since i dont live out there but i guess everyone will be at the tri weekly so that will be that should be fun =)
Yeah! I think ROFL put it best when he said how good everyone is getting! I don't think we've ever played eachother! I can't wait to see you at the triweekly! :]

Let's all be friendly towards one another! It's no fun when people are fighting :(
San Diego Love!
SoCal Love!! <3

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
your brother is tony? i think we played him in teams at ucla. i was like wow who is this falcon.

it's impossible to say anything bad about rickety because he's too nice. and i don't like belittling other people to prove my own point. (if they don't deserve it, anyway.) so <3 rickety

Rickety

Peace and Love
Oh, I do have a brother named Tony (his screen name is SA3Tony), but he's never been to UCLA. He doesn't travel out of San Diego very much (In fact, he barely ever plays now :( )

But yeah! Mango knows who Tony is :]

Aw, thank you for calling me nice :] And for the Falco advice! I still say Sheik fares way better against Fox than Falco, though!

<3
rick(ety)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
the point went over you. i remember you at cal poly and nothing else in recent memory.

the point is you have not been playing often recently so you haven't seen how good so cal is. and since you don't travel that much and aren't in a great area for smash, i think you're going to be surprised at how good people are unless you've gotten substantially better since cal poly. 818 alone ***** now

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
the point went over you. i remember you at cal poly and nothing else in recent memory.

the point is you have not been playing often recently so you haven't seen how good so cal is. and since you don't travel that much and aren't in a great area for smash, i think you're going to be surprised at how good people are unless you've gotten substantially better since cal poly. 818 alone ***** now
Between SCC and Cal Poly, I went to:

S&C
Arizona
Riverside Biweekly
Smashfest at my place (not a tourney, but still played 818 people)
S&C (I think)

Thats 7 tourneys in 2 months, with only 2 being in the same place. And considering how 818 people were at everyone of those, I can say I know the skill level of them.

I'm not in a great area for smash? I doubt that, since 3 of socals top 15 live in this area. Quality > Quantity

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Also, I don't understand why you think I'm not so good now. Is it because you beat me in a MM?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Between SCC and Cal Poly
A lot of this time span is irrelevant because decent people got good, so you can't apply those old opinions on players. Even Flyleef went from really bad to pretty decent, he's no joke.

I'm not in a great area for smash? I doubt that, since 3 of socals top 15 live in this area. Quality > Quantity
Yeah, cause all the good people go to Shuffle and Cut, right? No, you're not in a great area. In terms of getting better, quality quantity is what's important; playing a lot of good players is important, not just playing Luigi all day long or something. SD, 818, LA, Palmdale, those are great areas.

edit: I have no idea how good you are, because it's hard to apply how good everyone else has gotten to a dude I haven't seen play in three weeks. I've improved leaps and bounds over that time, and a lot of people have too, and if you just stay the same so cal is gonan end up ****** you. Even the randoms are good here; Mike Haze lost to a pretty impressive Falcon who came from nowhere. So basically everyone has to prove themselves every time they go to a tourny and can't take anyone for granted -- consistency is hard -- so my skepticism is reasonable.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Oh, I do have a brother named Tony (his screen name is SA3Tony), but he's never been to UCLA. He doesn't travel out of San Diego very much (In fact, he barely ever plays now :( )

But yeah! Mango knows who Tony is :]
I wish Tony played more, I remember he beat Teba at Nexus 3 after asking me how to kill Sheik (rofl I actually helped). Lol and he got mad that Sheik could "chaingrab" Falcon HAHA

Aw, thank you for calling me nice :] And for the Falco advice! I still say Sheik fares way better against Fox than Falco, though!
Fox > Me
Hardest Sheik matchup =/

i think the san diego kids are waaay better than phood's list.
I agree, they've probably played against the rest of SoCal the least of all the regions so I can see why people underestimate them, but SD style is too weird, I never know what they're trying to do O_o

He got a warning lol.
lmao

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah, cause all the good people go to Shuffle and Cut, right? No, you're not in a great area. In terms of getting better, quality quantity is what's important; playing a lot of good players is important, not just playing Luigi all day long or something. SD, 818, LA, Palmdale, those are great areas.
Not all good people go to S&C? I beg to differ.

The last S&C I went to had:

Lucky
Danimals
DSF
Gimpy
Larry
Me

And thats just at that one. Mango normally attends them, and I remember Hugo and Luigi showing up at times.

You say I'm not as good as the game now. How about this?

In the past 2 months, I have only lost to 3 unranked players. Those would be Joe, Kira, and Danimals. Every other time, it has been a ranked player I've lost to.

As for 818 people, I have played everyone in tourney. My recent matches have been with Larry, with our record at 1-1. I beat J666 and Tofu at the last S&C. At the last Riverside biweekly, Morb and Tofu (I think?) beat me and Keith in winners, but we came in losers and beat them 3-0.

Non-recent results include beating Atlus and Flyleef at UCLA 3 in pools and beating Nes at UCLA 2 in pools. But those are outdated, because they more than likely have gotten better.

And of course, losing to Lucky at like every tournament >_>

I don't think you are good enough to judge my skill. The last time I played you in tournament, you got *****. You can bring up our MM, but that isn't a tournament match.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. You don't tell a girl you don't even know to get *****, even if it isn't in that context. Pretty ****ing stupid IMO.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Rickety for top 15
Aw, no way! I think you meant Rickety for top 150 :]
Thank you for the compliment :]
Jesson for top 3 hair in SoCal!

I wish Tony played more, I remember he beat Teba at Nexus 3 after asking me how to kill Sheik (rofl I actually helped). Lol and he got mad that Sheik could "chaingrab" Falcon HAHA
Oh yeah! I remember that! Too Good! Kira, we gotta Double Sheik it up in friendlies sometime like at OC3 at Kens! Come back to San Diego!

Fox > Me
Hardest Sheik matchup =/
How do you kill Falco? The Pillar is too good! :(

I agree, they've probably played against the rest of SoCal the least of all the regions so I can see why people underestimate them, but SD style is too weird, I never know what they're trying to do O_o
What is SD style? :-P

<3
rick(ety)

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! I remember that! Too Good! Kira, we gotta Double Sheik it up in friendlies sometime like at OC3 at Kens! Come back to San Diego!
For sure, double Sheik is ****. But not against a Fox and Falco team.

Nair (sometimes Uair) out of shield (trades hits at worst if you do it fast), eat lasers then ftilt their approach (higher % only), crouch > WD back dsmash when they approach, don't try to CC, dash attack when they do retreating SHL. Roll away from people who pillar right (use C-stick), but if they drill too soon after the shine then you can shield grab them. I got a lot better against Falco since SCC but I haven't played any Socal Falcos since then.

If it's on FD (and I have to attack/they camp) I jump but I don't fast fall and land with Nair or Fair. I can't explain why it works but I get ***** when I fast fall and I hit them when I don't. My guess is that we always fast fall, so they time their approach that way, and by not fast falling we throw them off ever so slightly.

Neighborhood P told me East Coast helps each other a lot. I dunno if it's true but I know WC barely does, plus I figure if I throw some strategies out there, people will respond and be like, no that's wrong, do this, and eventually we'll figure out the best ways to win. And I like helping Sheiks; my plan is to have all Sheiks in a crew battle =P

<3
rick(ety)
You tell me, it's hard for me to read you guys compared to other people. I think you guys spot dodge and camp a bit better, like you throw out random "safe" moves and wait for the other person to mess up. Bone and St. Pat are probably the best examples, but it's hard to explain. I'm starting to get the hang of it though, so I should start winning soon =P. Except you guys are all getting better at spacing which is really annoying to get around.

And Kyle (Maple) was ****** me when I played team friendly against him at LA, we need to play more singles friendlies where I'm using Sheik so I can learn to beat him.

EDIT: Alex should definitely be a panelist and of all the active smashers he does teach people a lot of stuff.

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
Aw, no way! I think you meant Rickety for top 150 :]
Thank you for the compliment :]
Jesson for top 3 hair in SoCal!

<3
rick(ety)
yayyuuhhzz but still Inks has the best hair
and nope i ment 15
J666 for top 666

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
You kill Falco by gimping. Comboing him is easy enough, you just have to be precise on your edge guarding.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
You kill Falco by gimping. Comboing him is easy enough, you just have to be precise on your edge guarding.
Everyone says Gimp and Tech chase, but it's so obvious. Yeah we should tech chase, but how about teaching someone how to get the grab in? Sheik gets ***** on the stage, that's where people ask for help; once spacies are off nobody has problems.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
If you're having problems with Falco you're obviously having problems with edge guarding. Specific questions get specific answers, vague questions get vague answers. People aren't specific enough

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
WOOOOW.

Dude, I'll see everyone at the triweekly. I will offer open money matches to anyone in San Diego except Edrees because he *****.

I don't even need to john it up vs you. I'm pretty horrible v Peach, but I'm working on it. Don't trip. Wolf ***** me; you just beat me. Big difference.

Here's who are the best, skill-wise, who are not ranked, in no particular order:

Atlus
Jay
Morb
Myself
Mike Haze
St Patrick
Kira

Some other notables, but that's mostly it. No johns.

Mike, I beat Joe -- Fabian, him and I played all day errday the past two days -- but it's mainly because Sheik ***** Marth. I still think he's better than me.

We got this =)
Let's totally discard the fact that every single time I played Mike Haze -- SCC pools, AND friendlies at UCLA -- I beat him. He's a good player, but I'm definitely better and I think he'd be willing to admit it. I haven't played you for a while, but let's not forget that Sheik is only second to Falco in insane Ganon counters. So I get beaten by worse players who play my counters because Ganon is such a bad character. I'd be happy to play you though and see how I do, but don't go ****talking me because you think your friends are better.

EDIT: Also, P, I'd really like to know what I did to garner your hate and dislike towards me. I understand your dislike to Bone since he's awesome like that and rubs people the wrong way on purpose when they look at him wrong, but last I checked we were friendly towards each other, especially when we saw each other at UCLA III. And then all of a sudden you start acting like a **** towards all of SD except Rick because you have a major Bone-induced wedgie.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Pat you're better than Haze. I specifically said it wasn't in order... What else can I do, make it a crossword puzzle?

People's feelings are going to get touched upon no matter what. But it's not my job to coddle people, and people getting butt hurt over stuff is entirely up to them. Every person has individual control over their emotions; that's what makes us humans and not savage animals.

I don't see how thinking I can beat you is talking **** and hating you. I guess people who never talk to me IRL or on AIM don't know I'm not typing my words with any animosity, just strictly speaking in a matter-of-fact tone. I understand some people can't grasp that and it rubs them the wrong way, but I'd like to think people can make their own decisions and form their own opinions, but that means not putting any of your OWN slant and lean into them. I'm not an emotional person so rarely do any of my posts have that type of emotion in them, and even if they do (mainly towards Fabian in the past :p) it's fleeting and only in the moment. I only hold grudges if people wan tme to.

I have no problem with any of SD except Bone. No need to apply the opinion I have of one person to a whole area. That'd just be silly.

Knivez

Smash Ace
OH MY GOD everybody shut the f uck up.

I'm top 6 so you gotta listen to me.
If you wanna be good at this game, you need 3 things:

1) shut the f uck up.
2) don't suck balls all the time.
3) Sleep with Neal and move up the rankings.(hugo works just as well but he isn't as good in bed....unless gabe joins in)

4) shut the f uck up.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
3) Sleep with Neal and move up the rankings.(hugo works just as well but he isn't as good in bed....unless gabe joins in)
I'm sure you were great in his bed! :laugh:

1) shut the f uck up.
4) shut the f uck up.
You need two of those things. ;)

2) don't suck balls all the time.
You don't suck balls all the time.. That's why you're Top 6! =D

Knives is too good. Move him up.

EDIT: I was kidding. That's sort of how you would quote somebody. I just wanted you to see how annoying some of your posts are despite the humor in some of them.

^_________^; Good luck

Lesheik

Smash Lord
True, but they're kind of unnecessary though. I don't think he's ever made a normal post. He'll probably just insult my smash skills like before.

Knivez

Smash Ace
lesheik.... i dont have to make fun of your smash skills..

here is a conversation i dug up between me and Lesbian-Sheik over here:

Leah101lol (5:46:30 PM): hey is this silentwolf?
Leah101lol (5:46:35 PM): otto..?
My OK ScreeName (5:44:38 PM): LOL
My OK ScreeName (5:44:42 PM): wow u got mindgame *****
Leah101lol (5:46:50 PM): 0_o
Leah101lol (5:47:03 PM): if so, please lock this topic. i accidently bumped it: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=9895&page=2
My OK ScreeName (5:45:09 PM): this is knivez(s)
Leah101lol (5:47:10 PM): its a 5year old topic
Leah101lol (5:47:13 PM): >.<
Leah101lol (5:47:15 PM): woww. lol
My OK ScreeName (5:45:21 PM): good ****
Leah101lol (5:47:22 PM): lmao i did get mindgames
Leah101lol (5:47:27 PM): *mindgamed
Leah101lol (5:47:31 PM): ok then sorry lol

you have a girl's screename... which means 2 things to me:

1) you're either an ugly chick trapped in the body of an ugly dude OR
2) You're JTB's sister AKA JTG.

i hope you're not also a minority cause god****...

Knivez

Smash Ace
True, but they're kind of unnecessary though. I don't think he's ever made a normal post. He'll probably just insult my smash skills like before.
To also add to my post,

how is what i say NOT necessary? There is a flaming war going on between the n00bs and i have to step in and fix the ****.

I guess you rather argue over who's better at a game on a forum for a few hours.

Good use of your time. At least i get to be a$$hole when i post.

Champ sucks.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't have a sister, wtfz r u talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom