• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
i wanna be on the pr lol =) ill **** everyone 3-8 lmao jp id probly get ***** but im too good

replicate

Smash Lord
the only way i could see the PR being worth it is if it made the people who could be good enough to be in the top 10 at some point -- like that embracethe12 guy or Lovage or whatever people show up every now and then to melee tournaments or want to be aspiring good players in Melee.
or maybe like that OTHER GUY WHO PLAYS WITH THOSE GUYS?!?!!

wink wink

actually nobody knows me lol, but what'll ya do

P play me a ****load

mio

Smash Ace
Hey guys I wanna join the Socal Melee community. I played Melee since it came out but I didn't start playing in tourneys till Brawl came out. Does that make me a noob?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you do know that i'm actually not supposed to allow you to make a pr, people used to get all crazy about the rules on that one...

but MAYBE i'll look the other way ;P

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
you do know that i'm actually not supposed to allow you to make a pr, people used to get all crazy about the rules on that one...

but MAYBE i'll look the other way ;P
And how long has it been since the rule actually needed to be enforced
:ohwell:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually if i wanted to actually moderate this thread (and any attempts at a pr) it has to follow certain guidelines, and this thread certainly does not haha

but i dont care, make it lol

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i pretty much know everyones skills
No, you really don't. I have never played you, and just you, for an extended period of time. I've played you in small handfuls of matches -- in fact, the time we played at Cal Poly was the longest I've ever played with you, and mostly I was just trying to implement what you were saying. Compare that to, say, Mike Haze, who you've played for hours and hours. There are nuances of players you can't really determine until you've played them -- and just them, one on one -- for an extended period of time. Adjustments matter. Human psychology matters, too. And you don't get to see all of it through glimpses of friendlies with people -- at the very least I know you haven't seen it through me.

And the above can be said for a lot of other people you've played; I don't think they'd like to be unfairly judged on a snapshot of matches they've had with you just because you think that sufficiently represents their skill.

You're inherently biased because you're playing with Tofu and Haze and etc. etc. much more often than the other subsection of smashers, so you're witnessing their improvements over a closer period of time and sorry mango, but I doubt you of all people at 16 years of age is equipped to somehow be both cognizant of and able to prevent said biases from clouding your judgment.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
nvm...i just read the other thread...lol

Alright so here what's happening and it's FINAL

Brawl will be Saturday May 24th as initially intended
Melee will be Sunday June 1st

All the start times will remain the same for the Brawl tournament and there will be an earlier start time for the Melee tournament due to limited time owning the lodge. I can only have it until 7:30 PM.

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
I am on P's side, it is impossible for you to know everyone's skills, unless you have played each player for a long period of time you really wouldn't know the play style or experience of players. Going to tournaments and playing a few matches with people outside your group of smash friends will not show you there skill levels, but give you a idea on how they played that day.

Top Bottom