• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
wefn'[b';aerhio'aghio[paery89yefhouierygtuilarhdo'[auih'gioh2erio'hgo'rghiegfiyuqweqwerpghjkdbgfv;hkgfuipr

thats ow i feel riht now

abou this thread
about the socal melele comunnnnityt
**** you guys
ahy arenmt you at my hosue

i f you arent here
your areent a homei]
hmoeis come to my house
homies
PEAEECE

Jun.

Smash Lord
I call all the gamestops in my area to find Beautiful Katamari. Pretty good game I guess. Not done with it yet.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
So Socal, since there's a lot of you.

Every gamestop in sacramento gave ONE gamestop every melee copy they've ever had. I've counted about 3 version 1's I think but unfortunately no version 0's unless more have come in.

Should I buy them all up? Just curious on your opinions.

bbb

Smash Champion
word

idk if I'd shell out that much for a bunch of melee discs but could be cool, go for it

embracethe12

Smash Lord
problem is going to be getting a gamecube controller hooked to a computer

the plan is to assign each button of the controller to a key on a virtual keyboard
pretty basic i guess

i'll try it playing some game on the snes emulator like super mario 2

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRuBes2JSQo&feature=player_embedded

One of the most ridiculous things I've seen. Proves that the public really has no idea that piracy exists. Weird because it seems like a commercial for Nintendo but it actually did not punish attempted piracy at all. Even though it probably is not a real courtroom at all, its all strange.
this is bizarre and ridiculous and amazing that it's actually aired on TV. isn't this kind of fake law crap illegal?

Brian

Smash Journeyman
this is bizarre and ridiculous and amazing that it's actually aired on TV. isn't this kind of fake law crap illegal?
why would it be illegal? i mean, the participants understand they aren't engaging in a real trial and sign all kinds of waivers and ****. the plaintiff and defendant are paid (well, the show probably just pays the settlement on behalf of the defendant if they lose).

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i dunno i figured like letting people/viewers educate themselves with something they think is real when it's not advertised as fake should be illegal

Brian

Smash Journeyman
there's a disclaimer during the episode (either at the beginning or end or both, i dunno depends on the show) that explains that it's not a real court of law and the participants were compensated for being on tv. if they didn't have that disclaimer i'm assuming they could get into some kind of legal trouble.

joeplicate

Smash Master
problem is going to be getting a gamecube controller hooked to a computer

the plan is to assign each button of the controller to a key on a virtual keyboard
pretty basic i guess

i'll try it playing some game on the snes emulator like super mario 2
that sounds like the ****

i wanna try it lol

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
so who downloaded shuma? i havent played against any so far because i've been studying.. is this fool hella broken? or is he just a troll char lol

Brian

Smash Journeyman
i played with him for like a second
i didnt know he was gonna be a charge character, i thought they had gotten rid of those for mvc3 =[
he looks so cool though
charge in marvel feels awkward though because it's such a fast game

bbb

Smash Champion
you get used to it

also I didn't know you played brian, we should play when you come down

Brian

Smash Journeyman
yeah i play a little
im pretty garb. but im getting the basics down
i still dont have a squad i like using, but part of that is that i only have good combos down for like a couple characters so i think it'll come together as i play more

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
what kind of ways do you guys train, starting from completely learning viable combos/teams?

lots of training mode mastering specific combos?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
nah
combos dont really matter
just learn a decent string and go get your hands dirty
once you get ***** enough and start to understand the game you can fine tune your combos

doesnt matter is you can do a sick infinite or whatever if you cant get the first hit in

JDM

Smash Champion
I activated HSF the exact same time on both chars and both had different results.

Having team synergy and order is VERY important. Storm,Sent,Akuma is better than Storm,Akuma,Sent because with the first team I can use the DHC glitch and kill off any char with 3 bars unlike the second order.

bbb

Smash Champion
what kind of ways do you guys train, starting from completely learning viable combos/teams?

lots of training mode mastering specific combos?
mastering combos in this game is stupid easy

and you really only need like 1 combo per character and know how to DHC your **** right

so just figure out how to do the most damage you can and get to it

I practice in training or arcade mode like once every 3 days I think

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
iv'e been really interested in improving i just can't decide on a solid team, would it be possible for anyoen to kind of give some advice based on a few of my favorite characters?

mag
spidey
amataresu
storm
akuma
zero
v. joe/chun li?

basically all the characters i'm interested in playing, i just need an idea of what's considered good in a team beyond being able to DHC/having a good assist.

Top Bottom