• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

joeplicate

Smash Master
**** everything

stab (you should change your name to a much better one, permanently), just take it for what it is: you're getting matchup experience from someone who's better than you

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
FYI, I've mained all those characters at a certain point in my smash career. It's not like I randomly chose them to **** you. :(

don't take the Marth/Falco **** matches too seriously.

I'm M/FP.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Stab look at me

I'm getting wrecked by Kira's Low Tiers characters and my sheik was getting wrecked by Connor's Roy i didn't get mad it's my fault that i'm not good enough to give their main a challenge so I have to work hard to get better so i can play their main

If you are getting mad, then you just need to work alot harder then that

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Stab look at me

I'm getting wrecked by Kira's Low Tiers characters and my sheik was getting wrecked by Connor's Roy i didn't get mad it's my fault that i'm not good enough to give their main a challenge so I have to work hard to get better so i can play their main

If you are getting mad, then you just need to work alot harder then that
^^^^^^ qft

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
**** everything

stab (you should change your name to a much better one, permanently), just take it for what it is: you're getting matchup experience from someone who's better than you
This. You're not playing friendlies to prove to each other who's better, you're playing to learn junk about the game. Don't look at it as "Connor's Peach" or whatever. Just look at it as playing against a character and getting matchup experience; learning what the character is capable of, and what works against it.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
nah Sheridan, you got it all WRONG!

friendlies are for me to prove that I **** the other person! :D

MacD

Banned via Administration
This. You're not playing friendlies to prove to each other who's better, you're playing to learn junk about the game. Don't look at it as "Connor's Peach" or whatever. Just look at it as playing against a character and getting matchup experience; learning what the character is capable of, and what works against it.
awwww really??? :(

nah Sheridan, you got it all WRONG!

friendlies are for me to prove that I **** the other person! :D
i like this theory better :bee:

oo oo oo, what if there's a theard third theory... i play friendlies... to have fun

but in all seriousness there's nothing wrong with being in it to win it, but friendlies are your time to learn what's possibly good, what's bad, and to practice tech skill against real people

i was always so scared to try doing an insta float nair in a friendly because i thought what if i mess up, but in the end, it really doesn't matter because it is just a friendly, so i started practicing against real people, now i do them in tourny and it's just as easy as like jump nairing or dash attacking

Kira-

Smash Champion
Man I wanna go to a norcal tourney once the school year starts up again

norcal is gonna have all the good smashers

for some reason i feel like i have a better chance of beating east coast than norcal

if theres anything i learned from genesis its that east coast is not nearly as good as i thought, south is much better than i thought, and canada is really really good

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Man I wanna go to a norcal tourney once the school year starts up again

norcal is gonna have all the good smashers

for some reason i feel like i have a better chance of beating east coast than norcal

if theres anything i learned from genesis its that east coast is not nearly as good as i thought, south is much better than i thought, and canada is really really good
If you go to a nor-cal tourney after August, then can you pick me up at Merced which is along the way?

Oh yeah btw, everyone should try out the game "Top Shop" for the PS 1.

Vids of Top Shop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMz8LIwrHR4&feature=channel_page

Gishnak

Smash Ace
That's just because Gishnak hasn't come out of hiding yet... Then the west coast will be unstoppable!

Oh and joe's luigi wrecked me, but now at least now I know what it feels like to be forcefully probed by luigi.

Kira- Come to SLO and play me in melee. Also, other things

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm going to be living permanently in LA starting August 1st. Don't know how much free time I'll have, but I'd like to be go to some smashfests :)

Atlus8

Smash Master
Atlus didnt you say you were talk mad **** if the west lose to the east?
OMG! WC, get f***ed up! Our performance was great in single, but we got f***ed up in the crew battle and doubles! I <3 Brandon, but who decided to send him in?! I thought he took out two stocks, then I looked over the footage I recorded and he only took out one! I'm glad WC lost especially for using that quit life s#!+! Quit life WC!!

joeplicate

Smash Master
Amazingly stupid. This is probably the worst account name on smashboards period.
hahahahaha jdm I ****ing love you

omg, my luigi
and my sheik
b1tches don't know

playing to learn in friendlies instead of to win is soooo good, especially with secondaries

that's my whole new philosophy on the game, anyways
play to learn (hard, if the mood strikes)
and watch out for any habits

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Getting pissed over losing in friendlies might be understandable if you keep losing to someones secondaries WHO'S AROUND YOUR LEVEL

Stop thinking your better than you really are. Play to learn

Noble-

Smash Ace
hahahahaha jdm I ****ing love you

omg, my luigi
and my sheik
b1tches don't know

playing to learn in friendlies instead of to win is soooo good, especially with secondaries

that's my whole new philosophy on the game, anyways
play to learn (hard, if the mood strikes)
and watch out for any habits
Getting pissed over losing in friendlies might be understandable if you keep losing to someones secondaries WHO'S AROUND YOUR LEVEL

Stop thinking your better than you really are. Play to learn
Using friendlies as a way to assess ones weaknesses is the way to go!

MacD

Banned via Administration
If you go to a nor-cal tourney after August, then can you pick me up at Merced which is along the way?

Oh yeah btw, everyone should try out the game "Top Shop" for the PS 1.

Vids of Top Shop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMz8LIwrHR4&feature=channel_page
get in touch with the fresno people, they go to smashfests/tounies and would probably be willing to take you, get in touch with them in the modesto boards or talk to kfc

and once people see they ahve to take the 99 to get to you they'll freak out and say it's too far away, but what they dont' know is that it only like 20 or so miles extra which if you're taking a 7+ hour trip isn't that much more time, and that if i'm with them, i live in turlock and they could get a free homecooked meal and a place to rest for a little/stay for the night at

just my words of wisdom for you bizzaro

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I need to start playing Melee with all you guys.
I'll be officially settled into my home here in August.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
get in touch with the fresno people, they go to smashfests/tounies and would probably be willing to take you, get in touch with them in the modesto boards or talk to kfc

and once people see they ahve to take the 99 to get to you they'll freak out and say it's too far away, but what they dont' know is that it only like 20 or so miles extra which if you're taking a 7+ hour trip isn't that much more time, and that if i'm with them, i live in turlock and they could get a free homecooked meal and a place to rest for a little/stay for the night at

just my words of wisdom for you bizzaro
Thanks for the info!! I'll be sure to contact the Fresno people.

If only if I had car insurance, then I would take my car up to college.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
LOL!!!

that is the funniest **** i've seen
can you

I should get my mental arithmetic groove back. I once took a discrete mathematics class with Art Benjamin and learned a few neat tricks.
or you help me on editing my title for my trailer combo video?

I double clicked and it takes me to my page I created. I pmed Scar but hes away so I'm kinda desperate right now for help and I would really appreciate the help!

Top Bottom