• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Kira-

Smash Champion
maybe you should work on playing everyone so you don't keep losing to san diego reaper
LOL he quit out after he got ken combo'd on his last stock

i dont think it was a fluke... SDR was spacing pretty well and stuff. he was doing a better job than my marth would so i have to give him credit

and kouryuu all you did was dashdance, dash attack when he lagged, and then roll behind him to dsmash, you did that about 13 times that set

also it was 2-0
=P

edit - i got ninja posted

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
13... I counted 21 lol.

I'm telling you, it WONT happen again. Like I said, I'm just gonna leave it at a fluke and nothing more. Everything just worked out for him, I guess.

Also, trust me when I say that your Marth is WAAAAAAAAAY better than his. I **** SD Reaper.... this was literally his first time he has ever beaten my Peach. His playstyle wasn't too different from the tournament match we had at UCLA. I even called everything he was going to do. My tech skill was waaaaay off so I just stuck to basic dash attacks hoping it would get me far. I knew things weren't going to go so well after round one which only aggravated me and made things worse than what they already were.

SD Reaper just got lucky.

Lovage

Smash Hero
if you can perform technically 100% of the time you can beat people a lot better than you
but at a certain point u need brains

bbb

Smash Champion
since coming out of melee retirement I've been hitting the same walls I hit years ago, lol

it sucks

Lovage

Smash Hero
i seriously dont know what u people mean when u say walls

everyone gets better slowly
sometimes u jump a few steps but i dont know WALLS

Kira-

Smash Champion
when you're flawlessly technical to the point where you don't give a second thought to whether you're playing well or not, there are very few walls left to jump

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Yesssssssssssssssss Finally you've come to your senses lol.

So what made you want to play Melee again?

Loco Roco

Smash Apprentice
i find that hard to believe

especially since his aim status for most of the week was referring to getting ready for yesterday

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I heard a **** load of players that were expected to do well didn't make it out of pools. Was that true?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Hugo was right, he's cursed at that church. He didn't make it out of pools and lost to Fly and Larry in Melee. (2 players that haven't beaten him before. Larry is the 2nd Falco to beat Hugo =O)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
HugeHo has a decent Samus. I've seen better, though.

Like, HugS. THAT guy is a great Samus.

HugeHo

Smash Cadet
Anything post UCLA 5 doesn't really count against me IMO.

Call it johns or whatever, but if you can honestly say you would have beaten me at UCLA 5, then I guess you deserve to win. Otherwise, I'm still rusty and it's a plain fact that anyone who beats me now ain't accomplishing the same feat as doing it 9 months ago.

And yeah, my record sucks at that church.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Anything post UCLA 5 doesn't really count against me IMO.

Call it johns or whatever, but if you can honestly say you would have beaten me at UCLA 5, then I guess you deserve to win. Otherwise, I'm still rusty and it's a plain fact that anyone who beats me now ain't accomplishing the same feat as doing it 9 months ago.

And yeah, my record sucks at that church.
LOL yeah we know. Hurry up and get good again!

joeplicate

Smash Master
lol, I didn't mean to post that after you hahaha

but seriously, start kicking our assets again like you know you can

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
k. i read through all that. thanks for the how to get better advice. the playing ppl with ur skill level doesnt work on me. i need someone pressuring me to learn and stop my bad habits.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
^ that works for a little bit but EVERYONE says, "yeah i need to play with people who **** my habits over and over"

in reality if you need to do this, guess what? it means you're not good. you should be working on how to get over that rather than accepting it, because when you get over it that's when you'll be good

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh yeah hahahah

if you just keep playing your friends over and over you'll develop really bad habits

this happened like fuc k with me and embrace the 12

Top Bottom