• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Genesis Bus! (Done! I Hope You All Had Fun!)

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
raincatch, that sounds good. I think a_rookie was wondering if you guys had a cube already?

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I just reserved but now I need a hotel group.

Anyone willing to let me in theirs'?

BusPro? Frenchies?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
For those of you that still haven't paid me, you better get me the money tonight, or prepare to experience DIRE consequences.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Was Anaheim going to be added to the list of pick up points?

Lovage

Smash Hero
what i really need to know is what time you're leaving
oats, i emailed you about my situation and it would be pretty awesome if you could push the time a bit back

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Who all would be getting picked up from UC Santa Barbara?

I'm glancing over the list, and it looks like its just me.
If the bus is traveling up 101, it would be easier to pick me up from my house than to pick me up from UCSB,

Atlus8

Smash Master
what i really need to know is what time you're leaving
oats, i emailed you about my situation and it would be pretty awesome if you could push the time a bit back
First page said that they are leaving San Diego at 8am! Not sure if that's gonna stay! Anyway, I'm taking the Metrolink to Union Station!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Sorry for the delay on pick-up info and all that stuff. I've been busy hosting a tourney and showing the australians around San Diego.

Here are the for-sure pick-up spots:

San Diego
Anahiem
Union Station

the Santa Barbara pick-up is going to be changed to being a little bit closer to L.A. to accomodate people that live on the fringes of L.A. and Dantarion (only person from Santa Barbara). I'm sure you can find a ride Dantarion, and it'd be no more than 45 minute drive hopefully.

We're leaving San Diego @ 9:30 - 10:00.

If you guys are OK with it, I'm trying to set-up another form for entertainment on the bus, and one last form telling me where you guys are going to picked up once I get the locations out. I'm really sorry for the delay, but I've been so swamped with this stuff, I just ask that you all understand. This is still going on without a hitch, though, and I'm super excited for it. This trip is in good hands, and if you want proof of that, you can read my blog on the whole thing on allisbrawl (you really should read it.) Link: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=26000

Atlus8

Smash Master
Well, I may be at Union Station around 9:30-10:00! There is no way I'm gonna miss this bus or lag it for everyone!

What about contacts? Do you have everyone's #

here is mine! 818-268-4377

joeplicate

Smash Master
ahhhh ****

it's right along the 118, too
or thousand oaks or something more east if you want to 101

oats, my dad (who owes me money) is being shady and I've been out of contact with him for a few days

I'll have it paid FOR SURE by wednesday
hopefully he'll give me the money, if not I can maybe borrow it from somebody

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Can you finalize the pickup locations so I can figure out if I need to have a ride that will take me over an hour away to get on the bus?

Atlus8

Smash Master
Wow! There are still people that haven't paid yet?! Get to it! Anyway, I'm going to buy some s#!+ for this trip later today and start packing up! I'm gonna spend later today and tomorrow playing Melee all day!!!!!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Finalized Locations and Itinerary So-Far:
(Ignore All Previous Posts Regarding Itineraries or Pick-Up Times or Anything, Just Ask About This List)

Thursday, July 9th, 2009
9:00 am - (San Diego Stop) Bus Departs from Barrio Havokz
1326 Whitaker Avenue, Chula Vista CA

10:45 am - (Anaheim Stop) Bus Pick-Ups @ Anaheim Station/Stadium Parking Lot,
2150 East Katella Avenue, Anaheim, Stadium Parking Lot

11:30 am - (Los Angeles Stop) Bus Pick-Ups @ Union Station
800 N.Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA

12:30 pm - (Ventura Stop) Bus Pick-Ups @ Moorpark Metrolink Station
300 E High St, Moorpark, CA

1:45 pm - (Santa Barbara Stop) Bus Pick-Ups @ [Location TBD]
-

1:45 pm - 9:00 pm: Bus will be on the road to Ramada Inn, Antioch

9:00 pm - Arrival @ Ramada Inn, Antioch
2436 Mohogany Way, Antioch CA 94509
(If you're staying the night with us at the hotel, then I just ask that you have your rides that will pick you up from the Ramada be ready to do so between the hours of 8:30 pm and 10:00 pm just in case we hit traffic or avoid traffic.)

Friday - Sunday, July 10-12, 2009 (same schedule for all three days)

9:45 am - Depart from Ramada Inn to leave for Genesis Venue

10:00 pm - 12:00 am - Possible Leave Time from Genesis Venue

Friday Night in San Fran is still TBD depending on pools and brackets on that day.

Monday, July 13, 2009

8:30 am - Depart from Ramada Inn for Home

8:30 am - 3:45 pm: Bus will be on the road to Santa Barbara

4:00 pm - Drop-off at Santa Barbara Stop

5:15 pm - Drop off at Ventura Stop

6:15 pm - Drop off at Union Station Stop

7:00 pm - Drop off at Anaheim Stop

8:45 pm - Drop off at Barrio Havokz Stop

Bus Stop Sign-Up Form - Use this form to tell me where you're going to picked up from. If you don't fill this form out, I don't know which Smashers will be coming on at which stop and you risk the chance that the bus will leave you behind.

I gave you all a nice itinerary with times that will be more or less stuck to. Be at your stops BEFORE the listed times and you should be fine. The bus will wait for a maximum of 10 to 15 minutes for Smashers at the stops, and if you're not there within the allotted time, I will have to say, "Oh well."

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
one thing, it says departing from the inn to leave for the venue at 9:45

but pools start at 9:00

Top Bottom