• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Biweeklies - Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Brawl Coming Soon??)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I lost to Inks, but you STILL won't tell me who you lost to at the last S&C, and as I recall, Fabian played Sniper in the finals, so I doubt competition was that fierce. Also, go to anyone who's played both of us and ask who's better. You take this game a little too seriously for someone who didn't go to Best of '07 because he was smashed out. I play for fun, and despite the fact that it's somewhat of a cliche now, it's still a very true statement. If I wanted to win that badly I probably would have quit by now.
Then you wouldn't have responded seriously to my post.

lolz, i can't take that post seriously cuz it's from fabian.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Like I said..no more tournaments until I get my license. People who went know why and P might be able to guess....

anyways

eastlake person: who were you?

DSF: sooo good. I hate how I can jab and move around your shield and you still just sit there lol It was sooo annoying! everyone else eventually tried to jump out and got hit.

Evilnemesis: why'd you leave early?

PBody: I 4got about the M2 ditto =/

Blitz: close matches but you kinda suicided. good matches though

RoundTable: why are you all sooo good?!

Flyleef: Nice talkin to ya. using lots of characters is fun lol

Kira: Close set. I wasn't playing my best but no johns. your too good.

Gabe: didn't get to play your yoshi....sucks

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I dunno what those numbers mean, but it was 2-0. Sorry Oscar, but I have to announce to the world that I won with Falco. I'm pretty proud =P

Yeah, I died at 40% twice during the first match running into things that I always dodge when we play friendlies (and we play a decent amount) and after that I didn't want to play anymore. I almost lost to 6th Sense (not that he's bad, but I really just did not feel like playing), and I used 3 different characters throughout the set.

I lost to Inks, but you STILL won't tell me who you lost to at the last S&C, and as I recall, Fabian played Sniper in the finals, so I doubt competition was that fierce. Also, go to anyone who's played both of us and ask who's better. You take this game a little too seriously for someone who didn't go to Best of '07 because he was smashed out. I play for fun, and despite the fact that it's somewhat of a cliche now, it's still a very true statement. If I wanted to win that badly I probably would have quit by now.

EDIT: Gabe was losing in a friendly, but came back and pulled a 100% damage, Zero-Death combo on Oscar's Falco to win the game. Yoshi sucks so hard but the combo was amazing.

He lost to me (Mr.X) and Robert (Hero). Apparently we're both random newbs who one should be ashamed of losing to.

I think that's funny.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you are much better than them, than why are you losing?

Adam and Robert are not just some random noobs =\

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm always ashamed of losing to people i know i'm much better than.

it wasn't personal unless you want it to be, then we can mm ^^

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Like I said..no more tournaments until I get my license. People who went know why and P might be able to guess....

anyways

eastlake person: who were you?

DSF: sooo good. I hate how I can jab and move around your shield and you still just sit there lol It was sooo annoying! everyone else eventually tried to jump out and got hit.

Evilnemesis: why'd you leave early?

PBody: I 4got about the M2 ditto =/

Blitz: close matches but you kinda suicided. good matches though

RoundTable: why are you all sooo good?!

Flyleef: Nice talkin to ya. using lots of characters is fun lol

Kira: Close set. I wasn't playing my best but no johns. your too good.

Gabe: didn't get to play your yoshi....sucks
i'm always ashamed of losing to people i know i'm much better than.
What are you doing right now? I'll call Hero and I'll MM you for $10, and i'll put $20 on Hero to win.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm playing smash and about to go do some drugs with some friends.

tomorrow i believe i'm free. okay, so how about $10 a piece in a mm? 2/3 or 3/5?

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
We're both only free today because of work schedules. We live on the border of Corona/Riverside, it's not that far ^^.

Otherwise it'll have to wait till next weekend.

2/3 or 3/5 you can pick, doesn't matter.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
well next weekend i'll definitely be busy. how about the weekend after that? that should be the next s&c, too. but let's raise the stakes. $20 3/5, 1 banned random, otherwise standard MLG rules. For both of you. Then it'll be all epic and everyone can see and stuff. Cuz lol @ me driving out to corona / riverside.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if i'll be at the next S&C, I can't plan that far ahead because of work. If not today, then it'll have to be whenever we see each other next (hopefully it's then).

Wait... you'll fly out to Idaho to MM someone but wont drive to Corona? o_O

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
and i told him that he had to pay for my ticket and etc. =/ considering the ONLY way I would get to play him would be flying out to idaho, that's >>>>>>> on the priority list than a couple of decent smashers in socal that I see occasionally anyway at mutual tournaments who live relatively far when i can travel equal distances or less for much better smashers.

I love to do exorbitant things to prove a point, but you see, beating you guys in a mm isn't proving much of a point. It does nothing for my spite level or my pride, just my pockets. So therefore it has to be done at my convenience or at a dollar level where my convenience will be assured.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
so how much money will you put on it thomas? $10?

i'll match every dollar someone else puts up for hero so i can make bank =)

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I'll put $10.00 on Hero. Anyone want to take side bets??

By the way, I'm waiting to hear what Glen was going to say regarding his frustrations/disappointment. Please share.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace

By the way, I'm waiting to hear what Glen was going to say regarding his frustrations/disappointment. Please share.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

It's because it seems like finals are not happening anymore at S&C. And since Glenn is starting his own power ranking, those top 2 finishes are important, but they are not happening.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Uh, I responded truthfully to defend myself, like anyone else would do. As for how serious it was, I would say I wasn't being that serious. Read it again, I wasn't like mad or anything.

Mr. X, I didn't mean to say that you guys were random scrubs, but it is Fabian, the former worst smasher in socal lol. But Fabian is pretty good.

6th Sense was really good, I wasn't expecting him to be good actually lol. I was watching his matches against DSF too and he was pretty impressive. In the words of TheZhuKeeper, Socal's noobs are really good. How the **** does everybody have a Jiggly now? Except Mike Haze, he has the worst Jigglypuff I've ever seen, and I'm dead serious about that. I beat him in a Jiggly ditto at Norcal LOL GET *****

$20 MMs? Record plz. CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE

Mango and Larry splitting isn't wrong (I would probably do that too if I was in that situation), but from a business standpoint it's quite inconvenient.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Uh, I responded truthfully to defend myself, like anyone else would do. As for how serious it was, I would say I wasn't being that serious. Read it again, I wasn't like mad or anything.

Mr. X, I didn't mean to say that you guys were random scrubs, but it is Fabian, the former worst smasher in socal lol. But Fabian is pretty good.

6th Sense was really good, I wasn't expecting him to be good actually lol. I was watching his matches against DSF too and he was pretty impressive. In the words of TheZhuKeeper, Socal's noobs are really good. How the **** does everybody have a Jiggly now? Except Mike Haze, he has the worst Jigglypuff I've ever seen, and I'm dead serious about that. I beat him in a Jiggly ditto at Norcal LOL GET *****

$20 MMs? Record plz. CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE

Mango and Larry splitting isn't wrong (I would probably do that too if I was in that situation), but from a business standpoint it's quite inconvenient.
but i know you so i'd rather just IM you and explain it on AIM than post it so people's warped and incorrect interpretations can shape it into something it's not. so such an off-the-cuff comment should garner an off-the-cuff response.

You should play Wreckless, he's my favorite =). Sixth has always been good, but Wreckless is teh ****

The Game II

Smash Champion
By the way, I'm waiting to hear what Glenn was going to say regarding his frustrations/disappointment. Please share.
I'm disappointed that a certain someone didn't close the restroom door after taking an ish.

ANYWAY

If you play in tournament, then I can understand if you're cool with people splitting the winnings. Last week, I expected it to happen because it was Lucky and Mango. But on Saturday, I totally didn't expect Larry and Mango to split, and I think that's where I'm disappointed because I really wanted to see the rematch. I might be the only guy on the "Play it" side, and that's fine. I'm only an observer at these tournaments. I'm sure if I was still playing, I'd be on the other side.

Kamina: There are people I've talked to (melee and other games) that say they split first and second but play out the match anyway just for ****s and giggles and don't tell anyone until after it's over.

--GCII

edit: my rankings have nothing to do with why I was disappointed (just want to throw that out there)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Noooo, Sixth is not close to Wreckless, there's a significant gap. Wreckless has true mindgames, he learns quickly, he's really good.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
significant gap? lol Back that up......you think a lot of Fox players are good.

Derek thinks he's better but I don't think so. He stopped playing smash all together so I dunno. Who cares is what I say.. I could say a lot about this but its not that serious.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Derek doesn't play this game but you play him and if you're good you see very quickly how alert he is when he plays. He's a true thinking player and it shows when you see his characters play. That's why I love playing against him.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
^True statement.

I've been playing with him competitively for 2 years and a lot for those two years up to about two months ago. He is very good but he does not like playing with me because he knows that I have been the better of the two of us until semi recently(now he says he's better) and I don't like playing with him because being better than me means too much too him. And if there was a significant gap he would beat me consistently but that is DEFINITELY not the case and I'll leave it at that :) Derek is goood!!

Vincent Vega

Smash Journeyman
A while ago I played Wreckles and his Falcon was pretty cool. Never played 6th so not sure. Tbh Hero's a cool guy but I'd take that side bet Thomas. = /

Top Bottom