• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal 2006 choice awards

Charoo

Smash Champion
The last 2006 tourneys just went by. 2006 was a good year for socal with a lot of good tourneys.

This time, instead of voting for just one person, vote for three person instead. 1st person get 3pts, 2nd get 2pts, and 3rd get 1pt. I'll tally it up when I realize no one is going to vote any more.

If you vote on something stupid, then I'll still count it so yeah. Let's vote!

Best Combo Skills
Smasher with the Best Recovery
Smasher with the most Mind-Games
Most Technical Skill
Best Edge Guarding Smasher
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play)
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters)
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team)
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win)
Most Traveled Smasher
Most Unpredictable Smasher
Best Crew
Best Trash Talker
Gayest Smashers
Funniest Smasher
Friendliest Smasher
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters)
Most Improved Smasher
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007)
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened)
Best Overall Smasher

also if you feel that there should be another voting category then tell me, and maybe I might add it in too =)

p.s. the voting category is taken from mlg pro's choice award.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Most Technical Skill *~*~*~* Knives
Best Edge Guarding Smasher *~*~*~* Aesis
Best Low Tier Smasher *~*~*~* Gabe, Ultra Luigi, ThomaSexy
Most Diverse Smasher *~*~*~* DSF, Evilnemesis
Best Team Smasher *~*~*~* Champ, Ultra Luigi, Evilnemesis
Most look a-like Smashers *~*~*~*~ Ultra Luigi (Not unless you mean 2 smashers that look-alike. Then it's Evilnemesis and Mr. X)
Most Improved Smasher *~*~*~* David C.
Breakout Smasher *~*~*~* Teba, BoA

Why is it when I read this, I hear Champ's voice in my head?

Best Combo Skills
Smasher with the Best Recovery
Smasher with the most Mind-Games
Most Technical Skill
Best Edge Guarding Smasher
those go to ken, and im sure more do too, im lazy right now. =P.
neal; gets 1st in everything esle.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Cruelest Smasher - Smasher that ***** everybody that they play, they show no mercy for Pros and N00bs alike, basicly a smasher that combos like crazy and gives the opponent no chance to even fight back, regardless of skill level.

Most annoying smasher - Some1 that everybody is tired of hearing from or seeing at tournaments.

nublet06

Smash Lord
Best Combo Skills - Ken, Romeo, SOS. if there was a 4th i would say champ. CHAMP COMBO
Smasher with the Best Recovery - edrees, wolf, caotic XD
Smasher with the most Mind-Games - ken, DSF, edrees
Most Technical Skill - SOS, knives, Romeo
Best Edge Guarding Smasher - Teba, gabe, edrees
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play) ROFL, ultra luigi, gabe :p
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters) SOS, Ken, manacloud
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team) Teba, Gabe, Emerican
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win) Aesis, Champ, i dont know who else.
Most Traveled Smasher - ken, hugs, manacloud?
Most Unpredictable Smasher - ken, hugs, BoA
Best Trash Talker - ROFL, knives, and fabian
Gayest Smashers - ..... no comment
Funniest Smasher - knives, DSF, arash
Friendliest Smasher - nealdt, champ, ultra luigi **edit- had to replace manacloud so that i could add nealdt**
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters) Ultra luigi, BoA, Arash
Most Improved Smasher - ROFL, fugito, blitz
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) BoA, Teba, evilnemesis
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened) Azeem + edrees, BoA + Teba, Arash + caotic
Best Overall Smasher Neal pro, ken, dsf

Best guy to move to Palmdale from Texas - SOS
most skilled in something not smash - YOJO friggen crazy yoyo and cube skillz

sowwy if i hurt anyones feelings for not voting for you :(
yay so cal

PandaX

Smash Lord
Best Combo Skills - ken, dsf, S.O.S
Smasher with the Best Recovery - Wolf, Edrees, Azeem
Smasher with the most Mind-Games - Ken, DSF, HugS
Most Technical Skill - Knives, DC, Romeo
Best Edge Guarding Smasher - Arash, Mike Y, Edrees
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play) - Ultra Luigi, ROFL, Arash
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters) - DSF, Knives, Blitz
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team) - Champ, Arash, Edrees
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win) - (in a gay way) Knives, Knives, Knives
Most Traveled Smasher - Ken, HugS, DSF
Most Unpredictable Smasher - Ken, DSF, Mike Y
Best Trash Talker - Neco coneco, Aesis
Gayest Smashers - Knives
Funniest Smasher - Champ, Azeem, DSF
Friendliest Smasher - Neco coneco, Mike Y
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters) - Ultra Luigi, Knives, Arash
Most Improved Smasher - BoA, ROFL, Teba
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) - Knives, BoA, Azn Lep,
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened) - Neco coneco & Champ, Arash & Ken, Awesome Possum
Best Overall Smasher - Neco coneco

In case you don't know who neco coneco is, you shoulda gone to best of 2006

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
Best Combo Skills - Ken
Smasher with the Best Recovery - HugS, Edrees, Wolf, Azeem (haha superfriend and deepsocal 2 peach and 2 samus too funny) =p
Smasher with the most Mind-Games - Ken, DSF, mike y
Most Technical Skill - SOS, David C
Best Edge Guarding Smasher - HugS
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play) - ROFL, Arash, Gabe
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters) - SOS, Arash
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team) - EDREEEEEEEEEEES ( and azeem <3) haha
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win) - CHAMP (corneria too good?), DSF, HugS
Most Traveled Smasher - Huggies
Most Unpredictable Smasher - Zenith? (cuz he always changes his mind about going to tourneys LOL) but in all seriousness, stupid a$$ HugS
Best Trash Talker - AZEEEEEEEEEEEM GHOOOOOURy lol
Gayest Smashers - should i say who LOOKS gay or who just says hes gay HAHA dont wanna hurt any feelings, so ill say the one person who will happily accept it - ALAN aka knives aka fagg lol
Funniest Smasher - wolf is pretty funny once you get to know him loool, gabe is funny when you use marth against him HAHAHA jk. uhhh, also DSF
Friendliest Smasher - NEAL!, Edrees, Cao if he was still here =(, DSF cuz hell play with any newb in the world haha helps everyone out a lot and cuz he hangs with that newb DAVID C hahaha.
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters) - ultra luigi, MIKE Y once he dyes his hair blue! lol
Most Improved Smasher - ROFL impressed me too much, i had no problem ****** you when you came over during MLG anaheim ;) haha jk but it waas not where close to what you showed this time around, good **** man you went from one of the least of palmdales worries cuz of luigi, to potentially the biggest problem
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) - BoA (ken resemblance in style is too scary, just gotta start ****** like him too)
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened) - Azeem EDREES!!!
Best Overall Smasher - Ken? why is this category here lol.

Best sheik that needs to come out of retirement - GUUUUUS!

best overall crew - DEEPSOCAL

best overall pakistani smasher - Azeem

Best overall UCI samus player - Azeem

Best overall guy wearing green boxers right now - Azeem (i think? haha)

Best overall guy with a black lancer - Azeem

This years MVP - Azeem ( since i did get the most awards you know lool)

this year was awesome, i went from seeing competitors every tournament to seeing a lot of my friends every tournament, smash is too fun now.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Best Combo Skills Ken Dsf S.O.S.
Smasher with the Best Recovery azeem edreese wolf
Smasher with the most Mind-Games dsf azeem BoA
Most Technical Skill S.O.S. dsf ken
Best Edge Guarding Smasher Boa champ dsf
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play) rofl arash ultra luigi
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters) S.O.S. dsf ken
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team) blitz Boa Teba
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win) knives champ aesis
Most Traveled Smasher ken dsf aesis
Most Unpredictable Smasher mike haze champ nealdt
Best Trash Talker rofl rolf and aesis
Gayest Smashers ummm every one is saying knives so i guess ill say knives to ?.? but he didnt seem gay to me lol
Funniest Smasher ezyn jay aesis creepy fingers
Friendliest Smasher Boa Emerican Blitz neal mike y (i put 5 so what lol)
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters) ultra luigi and arash
Most Improved Smasher Rofl Blitz scooter puff
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) Boa S.O.S. Rofl
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened)blitz + S.O.S. Boa+ Teba Edreese+azeem
Best Overall Smasher araknaphobik and mike haze :p

best black guy in palmdale Creepy Fingers

Knivez

Smash Ace
whoa whoa whoa, me the gayest smasher? hmm i dont know about that...you guys were with me at Dennis last night and u saw how gabe kept trying to hit on me and talkin about some funky stuff to do with hugo afterwards...kinda weird but i dig it.
furthermore, wolf asked Mike Y( and only Mike Y) if he wanted to eat his club sandwhich...to me that sounds PRETTY GAY. champ mentioned a 3-some with neal, himself, and the dog while TIO recorded the wins and loses of that event...(losses being the bi tch who is under champ) and mike y loves to be gay by repeating "route 66" all the way to the ****** tournament. Edreese is cool but he falls under ken's peach theory..hes a big fat GAY white guy obviously. and azeem...well for a guy who left a tournament early by johning some fake middle eastern holiday...and for offering himself after every tournament, i think we should award him gayest smasher. Oh on that note, omar kept insisting to share his food with me, like we were on a date, but i didnt want none of that fried chicken..and scamp almost hit pandas car coming out of the Dennis parking lot....which brings me to panda.......neco-coleco?
1 word, 3 syllables, 4 consonants, and 16 letters- GAY
i love all of socal more than they deserve, and dont worry i definately feel the love from some of you (GABE) but sometimes you're all too gay for me.
PEACE kk thx gg no johns i own.
DBL- Death by Love~ MUAH : )

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
Best Combo Skills-DSF
Smasher with the Best Recovery-DSF
Smasher with the most Mind-Games-DSF
Most Technical Skill-DSF
Best Edge Guarding Smasher-DSF sometimes Hugs
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play)DSF =) Link is too good huh Gabe? lolll
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters)DSF =)
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team) DSF =)
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win)I always got this =) DSF
Most Traveled Smasher- Caotic
Most Unpredictable Smasher- N E noob that can't L cancel
Best Trash Talker- That Juggernaut guy O.O WOW lol
Gayest Smashers - MEeeeeeee cuzz i have smash hands =)
Funniest Smasher - Gabe, MEEE, Azeem!! we talk to much crap behind ppls back =)
Friendliest Smasher- Edreese, Gabe, Wolf ,Azeem is a **** lol so is DSF =) , CLAIRRRR =)
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters) Omar's little brother should be a smash charcter ;) lol
Most Improved Smasher- DSF! =) cuz i was sucking so bad... then somehow........... i got this =) and maybe... DC cuz that ***** plays me too much =\
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) That ***** DC =) and Edreese guy is too good
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened) DSF + CLAIRRR watch we got this next tourney!! we will WIN!!! GRRRrGRGRGR
Best Overall Smasher- DSF =) I love voting for myself ^^

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Best Combo Skills: Ken, DSF, Knivez
Smasher with the Best Recovery: Hugs, Hugs, Hugs
Smasher with the most Mind-Games: Ken, DSF, Hugs
Most Technical Skill: Knivez, SOS, Champ (Cuz I saw him waveshine 3 times)
Best Edge Guarding Smasher: Azeeeeeeeeem, Edreeeeeeeeeeees, Hugs
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play): Gabe, Arash, Dodger
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters): DSF, Ken, Azeeem
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team): Champ, Edrees, Azeem
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win): Champ (Corneria too good), Hugs, Edrees
Most Traveled Smasher: Ken, Hugs
Most Unpredictable Smasher: Hugs, DSF, Knivez
Best Trash Talker: Azeem, Panda, Fabian
Gayest Smashers: Knivez (without a doubt)
Funniest Smasher: Fabian, Azeem, Panda, Gabe, Wolf
Friendliest Smasher: Edrees, Fabian, Neal
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters): Ultra Luigi, Neal and his girlfriend, Dodger
Most Improved Smasher: Anyone living in Palmdale, Blitz, DC
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007): DC, Boa, Rofl
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened): Azeem and Edrees are tooooooooo good.
Best Overall Smasher: Ken...... Kinda obvious lol

some other categories:
Coolest smasher: Neal (You know why) :)
Smashers most fun to pick on: Wolf, Gabe, Hugs, Panda, Fabian, Champ, Knivez :)
Best Crew: Deep Socal
Worst Crew: Superfriends

Thanks to Champ for the following:
Worst Pharmacist: Mike Y
Worst Monkey ball Player: Mike Y
Worst Driver: Mike Y

Great year everyone :cool: And a Happy New Year!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Best Combo Skills -Ken, DSF, ( I can't vote for a third, too many people would be tied)
Smasher with the Best Recovery- Hugo, Azeem, , Wolf
Smasher with the most Mind-Games- Ken, DSF, Champ
Most Technical Skill= Ken, DSF, SOS
Best Edge Guarding Smasher- Ken, Mike Y, Hugo,
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play) -Gabe, ROFL, Ultra Luigi
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters)
Ken, DSF, SOS
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team)
Arash, Azeem, Edrees
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win)
Champ
Most Traveled Smasher
Ken
Most Unpredictable Smasher

Best Trash Talker -Azeem
Gayest Smashers- i already voted for Knives
Funniest Smasher- Azeem
Friendliest Smasher- Champ, Panda, Neal
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters)- Mike Y looks like marth, and I look like young link.
Most Improved Smasher- David C.
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) BoA, david C
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened)
Azeeeeeem Ghouri and Edrees
Best Overall Smasher - Ken, Pha

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

Best Combo Skills - errr.... Ken, HugS, and... Mike ****ing Y :)
Smasher with the Best Recovery - Edrees, Wolf, Caotic LOL
Smasher with the most Mind-Games - Ken, DSF, HugS
Most Technical Skill - Ken, the end
Best Edge Guarding Smasher - Ken and Hugsies, DSF
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play) A - RASH :chuckle: cuuuuuuuuute, Dodger, Ultra Luigi (Luigi counts, right?)
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters) Ken Manacloud DSF
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team) ARASH
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win) Ken -.- BoA (well to me at least) =)
Most Traveled Smasher - Me
Most Unpredictable Smasher - Panda <3
Best Trash Talker - HMMMMMMMMZ after Vegas it would have to be (in no particular order) Pha, Caotic, Jenny, Manacloud, but in NCT2 there was Aesis.... in NY there was Panda.... yes I know thats more than 3 but who cares, Socal's too good
Gayest Smashers - Ken (creates Peach theory to obviously cover up his own orientational woes i'm prrretty suuuuure), and I guess Knivez for trying to be gay
Funniest Smasher - AZEEM, ***** LOL, and Edrees for being lame :)
Friendliest Smasher - Ken Zander Nealdt
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters) Arash is Bowser in human form
Most Improved Smasher - BoA, DC, Blitz
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) Some scrub hiding in the valley we don't know about..... jk how about that 90212 Nick guy? and definently ROFL
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened) Arash + Me LOLZ <3 Otherwise just Arash since I don't do anything I just leech off Arash's team awesomeness
Best Overall Smasher - Overall doesn't mean skill.... so Nealdt, Pha, Champ.... thats pretty random lol

PandaX

Smash Lord
Dodger, you're neal's girlfriend? :confused:

Worst pharmacist in SoCal: Mike Y
Best SoCal drunken smasher: Me aka Neco coneco
Person whose name was almost never found out the whole year: Me!
Person whose name shouldn't be his real first name: Champ
Best chicken: Popeyes
Most stereotypical black man: Brandon aka Nemar Pott
Best kool-aid - Nemar Pott's Kiff!
Best Burrito - Chipotle
Best Fish taco - Senor Baja
Most likely to type random crap when they're drunk - Neco coneco

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Panda very well knows the best Mexican food is found in Mexico, none of this Chipotle/Taco Bell crap, LOL

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
chipotle is the bombz for realz.

washington wants to steal this (at least gimpyfish does haha)

so maybe we will, you stole it from mlg afterall. pretty pwn sauce if you ask me.

if only there were more smashers in wa haha there wouldn't be a horrible amount of variety there i wouldnt think

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Too many awards to remember!

Actually, I'm too lazy to give out awards.
All I know is this and that kind of things....

Champ: Improved smasher
Knives:Break out. I can't decide about his homo/bi/mono/hetero/pan/as sexuality by just reading his posts
SOS: Underrated and a surprise.

Palmdale: 2nd best crew me thinks =)

Ken: Still the greatest smasher and invited the Japanese! =) =) =)
Manacloud: Improved Smasher along with chu =) and your artwork has improved
Arash: Gained weigh.................I mean fat! I still love you.
Nealt: Wikipedia sanchez and Tio maker

Favorite Aussie: Cao =)

MIA: Hugs. But at least your taking care of your little brother, which is alot more important =)

PandaX

Smash Lord
Cao's right. Last time we went to Mexico, we just went to a random taco shop and **** was it good.

Favorite Smashers honestly go to: Deep SoCal, Neal and Cao

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Friendliest Smasher- Nezumi ^____^
Funniest Smasher- DSF and Panda
Best team- Green Apples FTW

yay

Arash

Smash Lord
Best Combo Skills - ken
Smasher with the Best Recovery - ken
Smasher with the most Mind-Games - ken
Most Technical Skill - either mana or hugo, though i haven't played either of them in a while
Best Edge Guarding Smasher - ken
Best Low Tier Smasher (uses low tier characters in tournament play) - arash or gabe, i would say ROFL but luigi i think is too good for low tier
Most Diverse Smasher (plays the most characters) - ken by far
Best Team Smasher (not necessarily the best skill wise, but knows how to contribute on a team) - arash ftw
Most Clutch Smasher (coming from behind to win) - ken, proved it last saturday
Most Traveled Smasher - ken
Most Unpredictable Smasher - mike Y
Best Crew - OC2 staff ftw
Best Trash Talker - i dunno, prolly me at vegas
Funniest Smasher - probably azeem
Friendliest Smasher - neal
Most look a-like Smashers (Players who look like the smash characters) - ultra luigi
Most Improved Smasher - mike Y
Breakout Smasher (Player to Keep an Eye Out For in 2007) - boa
Best Team Combination (Player X, Player Y, not a figurative combination, one that ACTUALLY happened) - arash + ken undefeated:)
Best Overall Smasher - ken

Top Bottom