• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
The anime looks beautiful! It'll be the first anime I've actually been interested in since Classicaloid

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That trailer was sick, I can't wait for this. Hopefully it's early 2021…

Neku png looking good, sadly i couldn't rip the full background from the official website lol
load_neku.png

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Animation's looking great, not an anime person but I might actually watch this which is no small praise coming from me.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Everything about the animation looks amazing. Can't wait.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
2021 BAYBEE!!! Probably the same time frame TWEWY2 comes out!

Ps I’m going to play the A New Day Chapter soon
You are about to see the reason why I was so confident a sequel was happening before tansut even said anything then.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
new topic - which (and how many) songs do you expect with Neku? I would imagine there isn't a huge monopoly over the songs like with FF7 (Uematsu) or DQ (Sugiyama). Takeharu Ishimoto is composing for the TWEWY anime as well so I imagine not much stands in the way of copyright. same sadly cant be said for Lullaby For You.... :c

I expect... like maybe 16 max. my picks:

1. Twister (original)
2. Twister (Japanese)
3. Twister (Gang Mix)
4. Twister Remix (Final Battle)
5. Hybrid (feat. Sawa)
6. Calling (Smash remix)
7. Noisy Noise
8. Emptiness and
9. Make or Break
10. Long Dream (1980s)
11. Hybrid (Japanese)
12. Transformation
13. Transformation (Transformed)
14. Tatakai
15. The One Star
16. Give Me All Your Love (with that one verse removed. you know which one)

oh look, ONLY 4 remixes of Twister! :4pacman:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Food for thought...

Heoj

Smash Ace
Food for thought...
Tbf isn't octopaths 2nd anniversry like next week or something?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm

y’all notice how both standalone Square spirit events (ToM and Octopath) had each character paired off in duos...?

dare I say, partners?

nah, sure it’s just a coincidence...

...unless?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Hmm

y’all notice how both standalone Square spirit events (ToM and Octopath) had each character paired off in duos...?

dare I say, partners?

...unless?
yes it is a coincidence

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hmm

dare I say, partners?

...unless?
That's cause it has to be four Spirits.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

(Andre later deleted that reply)

You have 7 days...

D

Deleted member

Thank god people replied to this thread. Would have had me digging deep into the threads on this board otherwise to find this one.

I've made rounds across my most-wanted character threads. Master Chief, Rayman, Shadow.. All of these I have personal attachment to, and Neku is no different, it seems.

I remember really wanting Neku in during the Smash 4 ballot days, imagining what his trailer would be like. Twister would be playing as Neku would be showing off their moveset with the hand-picked pins by Sakurai to make up Neku's moveset. Their final smash has all their partners (Shiki, Joshua and Beat) together in the same vein as Min Min's FS, or Joker's FS.

My sister and I quite like TWEWY, it's one of the games we had on the DS. The OST in particular is *really* good, one of the best OSTs for a game ever. I never had the mobile version, but I do remember being *hyped* for the Switch version. I genuinely thought that game was dead, so I was really happy to get a remaster. It was an instant day-one purchase for me. I've yet to finish it, but I'm happy to see this game get the recognition it deserves. It's definitely a "cult classic" kind of game.

Out of the several Square Enix characters to get in, I'd be completely happy if he makes it in. Neku's always been a sleeper pick, especially due to his limitless moveset potential with his pins. Seriously, there are so many pins in TWEWY, Sakurai may have to pull a Hero on us!

All in all, I'd be very happy for TWEWY to get a sequel. Seems they've been hinting it at it a lot recently. I just hope the Animation turns out well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So apparently, that video with the complete TWEWY OST and remixes that was almost 5 hours long?

It’s been copyright struck and taken down

STRAP IN BOIS

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So apparently, that video with the complete TWEWY OST and remixes that was almost 5 hours long?

STRAP IN BOIS
That's.....that's not unusual considering they literally sold the album on iTunes back in the day. This doesn't mean anything. Copyright strikes have never meant anything other than a copyright troll or company got to them for, y'know, uploading copyrighted content.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's.....that's not unusual considering they literally sold the album on iTunes back in the day. This doesn't mean anything. Copyright strikes have never meant anything other than a copyright troll or company got to them for, y'know, uploading copyrighted content.
its still on itunes isnt it? its not long since i got it off there

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman

STRAP IN BOIS
That really sucks. I would often listen to it while doing my college homework. (Math homework back in 2016, which is ironic when I think about it.)

F.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s gotta be the OG

Twister, in some shape or form

maybe the final battle remix?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've always dreamed of Calling being used in the trailer. I know it'll be Twister but Calling is the one that is iconic to me. I love that build.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Makes sense, KH3D used Calling alongside Twister.

Anyway I want to see if they can get away with Gimme All Your Love considering how... Suggestive the vocals are
Just trim the
“feel me when you come inside”
verse. The DK rap trimmed verses (somewhat unnecessarily) so you can do it here, this time necessarily lest the rating go up for “Lyrics”

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I think itd be Twister or Calling, but id love for Long Dream or a Smash mix/the Final Mix of It's So Wonderful to be used

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Call it a gut hunch but right now, I lowkey think Neku is a sleeper choice. Nintendo and Square have been pretty buddy buddy, with TWEWY FR being a premiere reveal in a Nintendo direct. I also would die happy if we actually got Neku he is in my top 5 most wanted.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If in the end Disney gets too stingy with Sora, I'm willing to settle for Neku, since I thoroughly enjoyed TWEWY. I was always hoping they would make a New 3DS/2DS XL remaster, since I can't stand the Switch version. Or, instead of porting the Android version, they could have remade the DS version on the Switch. The main difference being instead of two separate screens on a foldable system, the Switch would have two screens attached to each other, with the player having to rotate the Switch on its side.

Given the many pins at his disposal, Neku has myriad possibilities for a unique moveset. And unlike Sora, he wouldn't be another sword user. Similar to how Rosalina controls the Luma indirectly, the player could control both Neku and his selected partner at the same time, passing the green puck back and forth. To make things easier for the developers, there would be no major differences between how Shiki/Joshua/Beat attack the enemy; they could all just use the same basic attack with minor differences in animation and visual effect. The player could choose Neku's parter via the character select menu. Neku's partner would also stand in the background, similar to how Pokémon Trainer does.

If Neku did get added, I think he should definitely get a Sora-based palette swap.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Final Remix isn't bad when it's in handheld mode. RIP Microphone-using psychs tho, they're activated by other more mundane means instead, some Pig battles had to be re-coded (haha KH pun) too

docked mode tho... is a NIGHTMARE. it's really meant for two players and... yeah

also only the DS version has Lullaby For You which is the superior ending theme over Runaway i will DIE ON THIS HILL

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have never played Final Remix, but the DS version is almost the perfect game. It makes use of everything the DS has to offer. Touchscreen, DS Download Play (not even another player necessary), the Microphone for some psychs, closing your screen for some psychs... Now if it had only more than one save file.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I have never played Final Remix, but the DS version is almost the perfect game. It makes use of everything the DS has to offer. Touchscreen, DS Download Play (not even another player necessary), the Microphone for some psychs, closing your screen for some psychs... Now if it had only more than one save file.
Wait, what used Download Play? Tin Pin?

It's been a while since I played the DS version, but I thought every player needed their own copy for Tin Pin.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Wait, what used Download Play? Tin Pin?

It's been a while since I played the DS version, but I thought every player needed their own copy for Tin Pin.
I didn't mean Download Play, but you don't need a second player with the game to get Mingle EXP for your Pins. Sure, it can take a few hours before you get your first Alien, but mastering the Mingle Pins can be done just by yourself.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yoooo Neku’s in rate their chances again

I THINK “again”, I’m pretty sure he was there before

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm playing through Final Remix now on the Switch (I loved the DS one back in the day), and there's so many things I love about the series. I love Square characters and I think there are some really solid picks, but I can't think of a better character + music + stage I'd rather more than Neku and the tracks from the game. They could easily incorporate pins and neat mechanics into Neku if they needed to.

Do I think he's likely over some other Square picks? Sadly probably not, but he's my #1 Square pick if I had to choose for sure.

Hoping for some sort of sequel to be announced soon. (Hopefully with some other play option that doesn't include using the motion control joycons. I'm 2/3 of the way through the game and they're fine, but they're not great, hah. I like playing single player Co-Op too much to go to touch controls.)

Top Bottom