• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
never mind, dumb idea

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Double post but this thread's rather inactive

Anyway Katkit and Sari inspired me to make a Neku moveset

NORMALS
Jab: Neku shoots a shortranged horizontal slash that can become a rapidjab by rapidly slashing as long as the button is held
Ftilt: Neku swings his arm horizontally with energy coming out of his hand, rather similar to Zelda's ftilt despite this being an actual TWEWY attack
Up tilt: Neku does an uppercut which has a slight disjoint due to psychic effects
Down tilt: Neku points at the ground, causing a tiny explosion
Dash attack: Deku does a shoulder charge
Up smash: Ice Blow, Neku summons a pillar made of ice that goes straight up, think Bayonetta's up smash
Forward smash: Neku shoots 3 small shortranged lightning bolts in quick succession, one that hits low, one that hits high and then one in the center that's the actual launcher
Down smash: Neku slams his energy filled fists on the ground, causing a shockwave at his feet, based off of earthquake pins
AERIALS
Nair: Neku makes a 360 spin while doing a karate chop powered by psychic powers
Fair: Neku kicks twice in front of him
Up air: Neku summons a small twister which starts with Neku at the base but quickly rises while having a windbox
Bair: Neku swings backwards with his arms with energy filling his hands
Dair: Neku imbues himself with energy before slamming himself downwards, it spikes at the beginning
GRABS AND THROWS
Grab: Neku holds the enemy with psychokenisis, based on multiple pins he has
Pummel: Neku squeezes his hand, which hurts the enemy
F throw: Neku thrusts his arm out, launching his opponent
Up throw: Neku clasps both of his hands together and swings as if he was doing an exaggerated volleyball swing, launching the foe upwards
B throw: Neku uncaringly tosses his opponent behind him with a dismissive hand wave
D throw: Neku slams his foe down quickly twice before doing a bigger, third slam
SPECIALS
GIMMICK: Neku's specials can only be used a certain amount of time before they have to reboot, uses and recharge times depends on the move used
B: Neku summons a fireball that covers his entire body, by holding the button you can briefly control the fireball in all 8 directions for a few seconds, though it's very slow
Side B: Energy Rounds, by tapping the button, Neku shoots small projectiles which travel a fair bit, Neku can shoot 5 at a time max, but by holding the button, Neku shoots all 5 at once as a slow spread shot, it's range is great but it takes all the uses at once while dealing less damage than hitting all 5 tap shots.
Up B: Neku teleports in the direction you want him to. The teleport is shortranged, but as long as you quickly hit the B button again, Neku will teleport again in the direction you held without becoming helpless. The move has to recharge 3 seconds if you only teleport once, 6 if you teleport twice and 9 if you teleport 3 times, this can be used to mix your recovery up or as an offensive tool due to low landing lag, though if Neku gets tossed offstage right after using it he'll be at quite a disadvantage
Down B: Neku summons a lightning orb that circles around him for 3 seconds, which deals next to no knockback but can cause hitstun. This one takes about 15 seconds to recharge due to how broken this would be if it was spammable and it only starts recharging once the orb disappears
FINAL SMASH
This is seperate as it includes spoilers in case one wants to see this in game
Neku summons a skull sign like the one on his Player Pin, which triggers a cinematic final smash if anyone gets caught, a giant Mr. Mew plushie appears in a city and shoots lasers at the ground, launching the opponent up, where they then get slammed down by a moon falling down, before they hit the ground a tidal wave scoops them up and sends them flying to Neku, who swipes his left arm in an X shape to deal the finishing blow
TAUNTS AND VICTORY SCREENS
Taunt 1: Neku holds his headphones and jams out to what he's listening to
Taunt 2: Neku checks his palm with a concerned look on his face
Taunt 3: Neku looks straight down with a scowl while saying "Get lost!"
Victory theme: The first few notes that play for Twister at the beginning and at the end
Victory screen 1: Shiki jumps for joy at victory while a slightly annoyed Neku tells her to calm down
Victory screen 2: Joshua appears behind Neku and grabs his shoulder while Neku swipes his arm off
Victory screen 3: Beat does a trick on his skateboard to which Neku looks away and responds with "Whatever"

Please give your feedback on this, took a while to come up with and I only took a few liberties

This literally took me an hour, if I had editting skills or knew someone with commission rates I'd have made a video version lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, a Trials of Mana Spirit Event is scheduled

on the plus side it proves Square isn’t as stingy as we feared (FF7 just has a... very unique situation) and it’s less competitors in Neku’s way

on the minus side... there is a theory that a company having a spirit event before a rep doesn’t bode well for DLC. Capcom got a RE spirit event and no new DLC characters (yet) and Arc System Works, which has no playable characters period, has the Kunio Kun event. On the plus side tho, we got Hero last pass so...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s been over a day since my last post sooo

Yup. To this day, the Japanese TWEWY site is STILL down. If this was no big deal they’d have fixed it right away... something’s up

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not gonna lie, I've never actually played TWEWY, but I love the artstyle and characters (and I will, one day, play the game, I swear) and personally, Neku is literally high on my list for design alone. Get him and Beat from JSRF, and I can die happy.
I actually had a crazy crossover idea - Beat from JSRF and Beat from TWEWY

Speaking of, I saw a commissioned artwork on tumblr of Joker and Neku. I’d have to find it...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh look, another sudden promotion of TWEWY
So anime expo just released this artwork.
View attachment 272944
Probably means nothing for Neku in Smash. But this is still the first new content the series has gotten in after Final Remix released (and bombed) on the Switch. I guess the series still being alive gives him some twinkle of hope, but I'd be pretty happy with a TWEWY anime or a TWEWY sequel too.
Hmm...

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Probably not smash related (which makes me sad) but if we're FINALLY getting something new I'm happy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Probably not smash related (which makes me sad) but if we're FINALLY getting something new I'm happy
I mean if TWEWY 2 does happen they could throw Neku in Smash ABSOLUTELY FREE(TM)!

for promotion and whatnot

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OH MY GOD!!!

Speaking of The World Ends With You, remember Tansut? The dude who leaked Cloud hours before he was revealed and I believe teased Hero multiple times.

He just posted his, in Resetera's Smash speculation thread.

View attachment 272953
Smash Speculation thread
IT’S. ****ING. HAPPENING. YOU CANNOT CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD, are we REALLY getting The World Ends With Two?!?

Okay, I will stay calm, but oh my god

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOD!!!

IT’S. ****ING. HAPPENING. YOU CANNOT CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.
As much as I want for this to be an indirect Smash leak, I'm not so sure it is. He says later in the thread that he hasn't gotten any new info since when he first hinted at TWEWY 2 last year, and his new statement didn't seem to imply anything regarding Smash. Seems like it being in the Smash thread was just a coincidence.

But I hope I'm wrong! If I see Neku get revealed for Smash live on some stream, it'll be a genuine dream come true for me.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I do like Neku, so eh, put me down.
I mostly want him in because of Rie.. But he'd be a sick character in his own right.
also, TWEWY is probably my second favorite D'S game only behind Sonic Rush.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh my GOD.

AT THE BARE MINIMUM, TWEWY2 IS A LOCK FOR SURE.

MAYBE, TWEWY2 AND NEKU IN SMASH TO PROMOTE IT.

maybe also port another Star Ocean game to Switch, Square? I love that series

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh my GOD.

AT THE BARE MINIMUM, TWEWY2 IS A LOCK FOR SURE.

MAYBE, TWEWY2 AND NEKU IN SMASH TO PROMOTE IT.

maybe also port another Star Ocean game to Switch, Square? I love that series
Didn't Tansut clarify that he doesn't know anything about Smash? The post used as evidence doesn't mention Smash and was likely coincidentally in a Smash speculation thread

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
We're actually getting The World Ends With Two? SIck! Between that and a major role in Kingdom Hearts 4 and a potential Smash appearance... We're finally being acknowledged by Square!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
You know what? I support Neku for Smash.
TWEWY was one of my favorite DS games and for the longest time it slipped out of my head after SE did nothing with the IP besides porting it over and over. I'm hoping the rumors for TWEWY 2 turn out to be true and we finally get a sequel.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i mean Neku could still happen later on, so

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
i mean Neku could still happen later on, so
The thing is, a sequel happening boosts his likelihood. Like I've said before, we could be looking at another Bayonetta situation where Nintendo is publishing the game and want to put the protagonist in Smash to market the new game. (Though I guess this was also the case with Dragon Quest 11 S.)

This is the best possible thing to happen for Neku's chances of getting in!

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm just glad a sequel is happening. Between this and him probably being prominent in the next Kingdom Hearts, it shows Square is heavily promoting this series

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hold on, two possibilities came to my mind

1. Tansut only knew about TWEWY2. Nothing Smash... because Smash info is even more safely guarded than before
2. He DID know it was also for Smash but lied and said it wasn’t just to get the Nintenjas off his ass. This ones a bit less likely tho

I still maintain that Neku will happen for Smash at the same time or shortly after a TWEWY2 announcement. They wanna promote the crap out of it

Last edited:

edumolon11

Smash Cadet
Hold on, two possibilities came to my mind

1. Tansut only knew about TWEWY2. Nothing Smash... because Smash info is even more safely guarded than before
2. He DID know it was also for Smash but lied and said it wasn’t just to get the Nintenjas off his ass. This ones a bit less likely tho

I still maintain that Neku will happen for Smash at the same time or shortly after a TWEWY2 announcement. They wanna promote the crap out of it
3- Neku will not be in Smash. Thats an option too.

Number 2 its very... farfetched.

Neku has the greatest opportunity he has ever had. Hero was a promotional pick and trials of mana spirits were too.

If TWEWY2 its real and Sora being Disney... Neku can be the promotional pic of Square.

Geno is the only competition. It depends of Square.

If the ARMS rep isnt a spirit, Geno its dead for me and Neku will be the Square front runner in my eyes.

But yeah, there is always the possibility number 3.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
3- Neku will not be in Smash. Thats an option too.

Number 2 its very... farfetched.

Neku has the greatest opportunity he has ever had. Hero was a promotional pick and trials of mana spirits were too.

If TWEWY2 its real and Sora being Disney... Neku can be the promotional pic of Square.

Geno is the only competition. It depends of Square.

If the ARMS rep isnt a spirit, Geno its dead for me and Neku will be the Square front runner in my eyes.

But yeah, there is always the possibility number 3.
2B and Lara for competition though?

Top Bottom