So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

Tetrin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
i think the KH3 secret ending definitely means they got big plans for Neku; they want to promote him more.
Duh. And they should've a long time ago. Nomura even said he had plans for a sequel that were never brought to fruition way back when, but now we actually have a shot. Don't let the hype die down!

OdnetninAges

Smash Apprentice
Neku needs an updated 3D model. You know, because the one in Dream Drop Distance looked weird.
Maybe it's because I was first introduced to TWEWY through Dream Drop Distance, but I thought his character model looked fine. I wouldn't mind if his character model in Smash looked similar.

Well, since other people were talking about it...
I was spoiled on KH3's epilogue, but I don't really mind. It's got me super hyped for the future of both Kingdom Hearts *and* The World Ends with You. I can't believe that Sora is actually in TWEWY's version of Shibuya. I didn't think they'd actually follow up on that "See you in Shibuya" line in Dream Drop Distance, and especially not this soon. It makes me hopeful that Square really does want to try to push TWEWY as a franchise under their belt, and hopefully that could also mean trying to get Neku into other games as well, including Smash.

Paraster

Smash Rookie
I've been doing some work on a hypothetical Neku moveset, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what I have so far.
My main concept was to make as many attacks as I can representative of Psychs. I haven't done every attack yet, but I'd say I've made decent progress.

Neutral attack - Shockwave: Neku swings his hand, summoning an ethereal sword that slashes at foes.
Forward tilt - Force Rounds: Neku launches three projectiles forward in a stream.
Up tilt - Piercing Pillar: Neku summons a tall icicle that grows upward.
Down tilt - Apport: Neku summons a boulder that falls downward in front of him.
Dash attack - Spear Strike: Neku turbo-charges forward, mowing down enemies in his path.
Forward smash - Beat: As the attack is charged, Beat appears at Neku's back. The attack has Beat fly forward on his skateboard.
Up smash - Shiki: As the attack is charged, Shiki appears beside Neku and Mr. Mew appears overlapping him. The attack has Mr. Mew swing upward in a hefty uppercut.
Down smash - Joshua: As the attack is charged, Joshua appears behind Neku. The attack has Joshua summon debris that falls on both sides of Neku.
Neutral special - Explosion: Neku summons an Explosive Flame-like burst in front of him. The explosion lingers as long as the button is held.
Side special - Pyrokinesis: Neku launches a streak of fire forward. If the button is held, this streak can be freely controlled much like PK Thunder. It disappears after a certain amount of time or after the button is released.
Up special - Vulcan Uppercut: Neku slashes upwards, lifting himself up.
Down special - Spark Core: Neku summons an electric charge that orbits him, damaging any opponents it touches.
Final Smash - Fusion Attack: Neku calls on one of his partners to perform a cinematic renditon of a Level 3 Fusion Attack. If opponents are at high enough damage, the Final Fusion attack will instead play and instantly KO the opponents.

Rie Sonomura

Move in and keep the rhythm going!
Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
All the partners, all the reapers, and Mr. Hanekoma for sure.

Food should constantly appear during Yodai's fight, maybe Chef Kawasaki too. And Dr. Kawashima constantly spawns during Sho Minamimoto's fight.
>no The Moon during Sho's fight because "Any tree can drop an apple, I'll drop the freakin' moon"

:c

Would also be neat if Shiki and Sho were primary spirits that could evolve, so Shiki could evolve into her real appearance (not copying Eri) and Sho could evolve into Sho (Taboo)

oh and also a Coco Atarashi Spirit, she's canon as of Final Remix

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Champion
>no The Moon during Sho's fight because "Any tree can drop an apple, I'll drop the freakin' moon"

:c

Would also be neat if Shiki and Sho were primary spirits that could evolve, so Shiki could evolve into her real appearance (not copying Eri) and Sho could evolve into Sho (Taboo)

oh and also a Coco Atarashi Spirit, she's canon as of Final Remix
Okay, yes, we need all of this.

Paraster

Smash Rookie
Anyone got any ideas for Neku's DLC Spirit Board?
Characters with alternate Noise forms (like Higashizawa -> Ovis Cantus or Megumi -> Anguis Cantus) could be enhanceable into said forms.
I expect partners would use Neku himself as a fighter--or, if TWEWY spirits are added without playable Neku, they (including Neku) would use Ness and Lucas.

Rie Sonomura

Move in and keep the rhythm going!
Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Top 50 Wanted Super Smash Bros. DLC Fighters Poll by Source Gaming

Note: If there is 2 numbers/2 names on same line, that means it was a tie.
50. Reimu
49-48: Chorus Kids and Ashley
47: Quote
46: Hollow Knight
45-44: Chibi Robo and Arle Nadja
43: Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
42-41: Monster Hunter and Lloyd Irving
40: Crono
39-38: Skull Kid and Professor Layton
37-36: Spyro and Goku
35: Karate Joe
34: Erdrick
33: Ryu Hayubusa
32: Elma
31: Neku
30: Leon Kennedy
29-28: Monokuma and Klonoa
27: Dixie Kong
26: Lara Croft
25-24: Travis Touchdown and Tails
23: Cuphead
22: Scorpion
21: Amaterasu
20: Paper Mario
19: Shadow the Hedgehog
18: 2B
17: Porky Minch
16: Isaac (Golden Sun)
15-14: Sans Undertale and Dante
13: Phoenix Wright
12: Doom Guy
11: Waluigi
10: Master Chief
9: Rex and Pyra
8. Rayman
7. Crash Bandicoot
6. Steve? (From Minecraft)
5. Geno
4. Shantae
3. Sora
2. Bandanna Waddle Dee
1. Banjo and Kazooie
Neku made it just above Elma in another DLC poll, so great to see the want for him being recognized

Last edited: