• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
i think the KH3 secret ending definitely means they got big plans for Neku; they want to promote him more.
Duh. And they should've a long time ago. Nomura even said he had plans for a sequel that were never brought to fruition way back when, but now we actually have a shot. Don't let the hype die down!

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Neku needs an updated 3D model. You know, because the one in Dream Drop Distance looked weird.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Neku needs an updated 3D model. You know, because the one in Dream Drop Distance looked weird.
Maybe it's because I was first introduced to TWEWY through Dream Drop Distance, but I thought his character model looked fine. I wouldn't mind if his character model in Smash looked similar.

Well, since other people were talking about it...
I was spoiled on KH3's epilogue, but I don't really mind. It's got me super hyped for the future of both Kingdom Hearts *and* The World Ends with You. I can't believe that Sora is actually in TWEWY's version of Shibuya. I didn't think they'd actually follow up on that "See you in Shibuya" line in Dream Drop Distance, and especially not this soon. It makes me hopeful that Square really does want to try to push TWEWY as a franchise under their belt, and hopefully that could also mean trying to get Neku into other games as well, including Smash.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So this just came in the mail:

Time to experience this beloved game for the first time.

...once I finish my exams.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I've been doing some work on a hypothetical Neku moveset, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what I have so far.
My main concept was to make as many attacks as I can representative of Psychs. I haven't done every attack yet, but I'd say I've made decent progress.

Neutral attack - Shockwave: Neku swings his hand, summoning an ethereal sword that slashes at foes.
Forward tilt - Force Rounds: Neku launches three projectiles forward in a stream.
Up tilt - Piercing Pillar: Neku summons a tall icicle that grows upward.
Down tilt - Apport: Neku summons a boulder that falls downward in front of him.
Dash attack - Spear Strike: Neku turbo-charges forward, mowing down enemies in his path.
Forward smash - Beat: As the attack is charged, Beat appears at Neku's back. The attack has Beat fly forward on his skateboard.
Up smash - Shiki: As the attack is charged, Shiki appears beside Neku and Mr. Mew appears overlapping him. The attack has Mr. Mew swing upward in a hefty uppercut.
Down smash - Joshua: As the attack is charged, Joshua appears behind Neku. The attack has Joshua summon debris that falls on both sides of Neku.
Neutral special - Explosion: Neku summons an Explosive Flame-like burst in front of him. The explosion lingers as long as the button is held.
Side special - Pyrokinesis: Neku launches a streak of fire forward. If the button is held, this streak can be freely controlled much like PK Thunder. It disappears after a certain amount of time or after the button is released.
Up special - Vulcan Uppercut: Neku slashes upwards, lifting himself up.
Down special - Spark Core: Neku summons an electric charge that orbits him, damaging any opponents it touches.
Final Smash - Fusion Attack: Neku calls on one of his partners to perform a cinematic renditon of a Level 3 Fusion Attack. If opponents are at high enough damage, the Final Fusion attack will instead play and instantly KO the opponents.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone got any ideas for Neku's DLC Spirit Board?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All the partners, all the reapers, and Mr. Hanekoma for sure.

Food should constantly appear during Yodai's fight, maybe Chef Kawasaki too. And Dr. Kawashima constantly spawns during Sho Minamimoto's fight.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
All the partners, all the reapers, and Mr. Hanekoma for sure.

Food should constantly appear during Yodai's fight, maybe Chef Kawasaki too. And Dr. Kawashima constantly spawns during Sho Minamimoto's fight.
>no The Moon during Sho's fight because "Any tree can drop an apple, I'll drop the freakin' moon"

:c

Would also be neat if Shiki and Sho were primary spirits that could evolve, so Shiki could evolve into her real appearance (not copying Eri) and Sho could evolve into Sho (Taboo)

oh and also a Coco Atarashi Spirit, she's canon as of Final Remix

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
>no The Moon during Sho's fight because "Any tree can drop an apple, I'll drop the freakin' moon"

:c

Would also be neat if Shiki and Sho were primary spirits that could evolve, so Shiki could evolve into her real appearance (not copying Eri) and Sho could evolve into Sho (Taboo)

oh and also a Coco Atarashi Spirit, she's canon as of Final Remix
Okay, yes, we need all of this.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Characters with alternate Noise forms (like Higashizawa -> Ovis Cantus or Megumi -> Anguis Cantus) could be enhanceable into said forms.
I expect partners would use Neku himself as a fighter--or, if TWEWY spirits are added without playable Neku, they (including Neku) would use Ness and Lucas.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Top 50 Wanted Super Smash Bros. DLC Fighters Poll by Source Gaming

Note: If there is 2 numbers/2 names on same line, that means it was a tie.
50. Reimu
49-48: Chorus Kids and Ashley
47: Quote
46: Hollow Knight
45-44: Chibi Robo and Arle Nadja
43: Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
42-41: Monster Hunter and Lloyd Irving
40: Crono
39-38: Skull Kid and Professor Layton
37-36: Spyro and Goku
35: Karate Joe
34: Erdrick
33: Ryu Hayubusa
32: Elma
31: Neku
30: Leon Kennedy
29-28: Monokuma and Klonoa
27: Dixie Kong
26: Lara Croft
25-24: Travis Touchdown and Tails
23: Cuphead
22: Scorpion
21: Amaterasu
20: Paper Mario
19: Shadow the Hedgehog
18: 2B
17: Porky Minch
16: Isaac (Golden Sun)
15-14: Sans Undertale and Dante
13: Phoenix Wright
12: Doom Guy
11: Waluigi
10: Master Chief
9: Rex and Pyra
8. Rayman
7. Crash Bandicoot
6. Steve? (From Minecraft)
5. Geno
4. Shantae
3. Sora
2. Bandanna Waddle Dee
1. Banjo and Kazooie
Neku made it just above Elma in another DLC poll, so great to see the want for him being recognized

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Neku made it just above Elma in another DLC poll, so great to see the want for him being recognized
I'm glad that Neku got that high, but I'm shocked--and admittedly even a little disappointed--that he got 16 spaces above Quote. Even the HEAVY got higher than the robot!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok I actually had a dream that Neku was revealed for Smash last night

I really heckin hope it happens

Also, I might be getting TWEWY Final Remix soon...

Paraster

Smash Lord
I would absolutely LOVE if "TWEWY" by The Death March (a band that includes the game's out-of-universe composer) made it in alongside Neku's songs.

Or if it showed up in the sequel.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I would absolutely LOVE if "TWEWY" by The Death March (a band that includes the game's out-of-universe composer) made it in alongside Neku's songs.

Or if it showed up in the sequel.
I was genuinely surprised that it wasn't in Final Remix.

Final Remix's soundtrack is still brilliant though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, Erdrick got confirmed.

Question is, would this affect Neku or no? What if there was a second pass? Or Square was just like, “**** it, we like money” and threw in Neku too in the same pass?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I hope this doesn't come out as too much gravedigging, but while I'd still prefer Crono overall for another Square rep, but eh, I'd never complain if I saw Neku get in with how ridiculous his potential moveset is with all those pins he has, unlikey as I feel his chances are.
Well, Erdrick got confirmed.

Question is, would this affect Neku or no? What if there was a second pass? Or Square was just like, “**** it, we like money” and threw in Neku too in the same pass?
I'd say it affects just about every Square rep chances going down yeah.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Well, I had given up hope of Neku joining after Hero's official reveal, but with the announcement of more DLC after the fighters pass, it seems that Neku has a fair shot once again. I'll keep expectations in check, but I think there's a non-zero chance for his inclusion now.

Clearly he should be revealed at the same time as Sora.

Paraster

Smash Lord
How would you feel if we got a scenario where Sora becomes playable, at least one of the TWEWY remixes from KH3D gets in, and we get a Neku Mii costume? I'd be pleased, personally, though obviously not as pleased as if Neku was a full fighter.

(Side question, would a Neku costume be Brawler, Swordfighter, or Gunner?)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Sora is owned by Disney if I'm not mistaken so I don't really see him as competition for another potential Square rep, but Neku is fairly low on my want list all things considered, getting a TWEWY remix would be amazing enough for me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I saw discussion on Tumblr about someone on ResetEra (who has apparently gotten leaks right before) hinting at a new TWEWY. Thoughts?

https://hypeswap.tumblr.com/post/188705383484/hypeswap-actual-rumors-are-starting-to-fly-about
hmmm...!

I think if true, we might still get Neku for like, outside the pass or something. Or a potential Pass 2.

Cloud, Hero, Neku... my dream Square trinity tbh. I feel like Square would have three unique reps from three unique games

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Ah, that would be Tansut. It's well known that he has a connection in Square-Enix, and in regards to Smash, he teased Cloud before he was revealed in Smash 4 and teased the Hero getting in.
Oh s**t. Now I'm kind of excited.

...I'm late, I know. lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hey so

the TWEWY site got a surprise maintenance

the last time this happened was before Final Remix was released

I doubt he'll be FP5 but... what if Neku's the season 2 opener...?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
hey so

Would be an instant buy (I don't own Ultimate).

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
hey so

1578894789827.png
Oh, yeah. It's all coming together.

(At least I hope.)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New post 1/16 predictions! Byleth is FP1-5... note that I say FP1-5 now cause yes

ANOTHER PASS IS COMING. WITH SIX CHARACTERS.

Here's my guesses:

My predictions, in no particular order:
FP2-1: Ryu Hayabusa. There’s a rumor that Byleth was originally gonna be in pass 2 but got expedited to pass 1 cause Hayabusa was leaked. Hayabusa is a common name among insiders while almost NO insiders knew of Byleth.

FP2-2: Neku Sakuraba. The The World Ends With You site went under a surprise maintenance lately. Last time this happened was before Final Remix’s release, and I doubt we’d see a sequel just yet. Nintendo’s Twitter accounts also heavily promoted Final Remix before its release. I also doubt Geno will make the jump from Mii Costume in 4 to playable in Ultimate via DLC. See KOS-MOS’s section for my reasoning.

FP2-3: Elma. First Spirit promotion. Rex was shown as a Mii Costume at the start of Pass 1 and apologized for him not being playable. It could be that ANOTHER Xenoblade character is planned, especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition becomes a thing. Plus, Caitlin Glass’s NDA is STILL unknown. CRAZY STRAW GRASPING - also, Fiora was added to Shulk’s Chain Attack Final Smash despite Chain Attacks in 1 and 2 having only three party members. X, however, has four party members and Overdrive instead of Chain Attack but that’s not important so Fiora breaking the three members only rule may be a reference to X. Again this here is just a stretch but I can see it.

FP2-4: Octoling (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion). Second Spirit promotion. At the start of the year, something new involving Splatoon 2 was teased months after Final Fest (the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing). Octo Expansion was a huge hit and Splatoon 2 is still played widely today even after Final Fest. A major Splatoon 2 update is also scheduled for April. And despite Rex being a costume, Spring Man an Assist Trophy and Officer Howard from Astral Chain an Event Spirit, Byleth proves there’s no such thing as “too new” for Smash. Octo Expansion came out in 2018, and Inklings can be used as a base for an easy Isabelle style semi-clone if not Echo.

FP2-5: KOS-MOS. She was deconfirmed for the fifth pass character, sure, but the second pass opens up an opportunity. And before you say Heihachi or Lloyd, it’s very unlikely a 4 Costume will be promoted to playable in DLC. So far that’s only happened in base with Inkling, Isabelle (who was also an AT in 4), Chrom, King K. Rool and I think I’m forgetting one more. Maybe not. But my point stands and while a Xenosaga HD Trilogy was deemed financially unfeasible, the interest is very much there. Plus, KOS-MOS appeared in Xenoblade 2 as a Blade alongside Shulk, Fiora and Elma; and in the Project X Zone series with Ryu and Ken (and in 2, Chrom, Lucina and Fiora).

FP2-6: Arle Nadja. Why DID the Puyo Puyo director retweet the 1/16 announcement when Byleth was revealed...? Arle wasn’t even a Mii costume. Unless... Arle will be in Pass 2. Arle was another big name among insiders, and since Lip from Panel de Pon couldn’t be added as playable, Arle may be the next best thing. Plus, Sega has been promoting Puyo Puyo like CRAZY as of late.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
hey so

Whoooo Nelly! Count me as a supporter ya'll. TWEWY's soundtrack slaps HARD! I believe Neku would be the ideal Square Enix rep within this second Fighters Pass, and as you mentioned, I think he would be one of the ideal choices to kick off Vol. 2. There are already a few names that are in most people's minds that could potentially be in the second Fighters Pass, but Neku would be a hard curve ball to kick it off, and I'd be SUPER down for it. Just the thought of hearing TWEWY music in Smash, oh God. LONG DREAM?!?! YEEEEESSSS!!! :2gud::starman::starman::starman::disco:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
You know, it didn't occur to me until today, but if Neku got in there's a chance he could only be voiced in Japanese in all versions of the game, like Cloud and Hero.

I'd personally be fine with this, but it'd take some getting used to since I'm mainly familiar with his English voice.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just hope Neku gets more than two music tracks...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys

Neku is in Rate Their Chances today alongside 2B. I’m kinda afraid to see what they’re saying about my boi....

D

Deleted member

I would love to see Neku in!

I love many of Square Enix's properties, and having TWEWY content in Smash would be awesome.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I just started my first playthrough of TWEWY today. I've had it for a while but never played it. I'm only on day 4, but wow Neku has so much unique moveset potential! He would be freaking amazing in smash! And the soundtrack is fantastic so far too! What do you guys think the chances are? I know there's talk of a sequel. Maybe he could be added to promote that?

Top Bottom