• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

Looks like there's a special broadcast for part of the first episode soon (only in Japan, no news of an English part)
Seems that the series will be onthe Funimation platform at least, which is good about getting subs out as the show airs. They've definitely stepped back with their English dub production because of COVID, but they've resumed some series. Maybe it'll be English dubbed maybe it won't, but I'm excited for it all the same!

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice

Very short clip of the anime, but I love the animation, actually pretty excited for this

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

Very short clip of the anime, but I love the animation, actually pretty excited for this
Lines are clean, I'm a fan. Love the series so I was going to watch it either way, but it does look pretty darn good. Hopefully it leads into a sequel, either anime or game.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
From the main dlc thread:

It’ll be REAL SOON... possible reveal this week, release the next?

you have seven days...
Here's hoping it's a reveal... hopefully Neku, or Ryza, Or Yugo/any Bloody Roar Rep (I know that won't happen sadly but I can dream)

But honestly I'm perfectly fine with any character as long as they're fun to play as

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman

I'm happily surprised by how much I like this clip. Really hope the rest of the series looks this good. And again, I hope the story of the original game is done justice.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Art looks great! Do we know if it's going to be an original story or stick to the game's plot day by day? If the latter, maybe it'll go past the final day and touch on the stuff in Final Remix.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Art looks great! Do we know if it's going to be an original story or stick to the game's plot day by day? If the latter, maybe it'll go past the final day and touch on the stuff in Final Remix.
I think it's supposed to be similar to the game with some small changes to flow better in anime format

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m inclined to think this is more in Neku’s favor as Nomura said he had no interest in porting the mainline KH games to switch. And no I don’t buy the compatibility excuse

at the very least we could get TWEWY2

but act in the next 5 minutes and we’ll throw in Neku for Smash ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still say this that assuming plans for Sora had failed if the Disney thing was true, I could see that Nintendo approached Neku as an alternative especially as a means of promoting TWEWY2 and its anime.

Something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still say this that assuming plans for Sora had failed if the Disney thing was true, I could see that Nintendo approached Neku as an alternative especially as a means of promoting TWEWY2 and its anime.

Something to keep in mind.
I actually voted for Neku on the ballot on my then-work computer so here’s hoping 🤞

my other votes were: Mecha-Fiora from my home computer (appears in Shulk’s Final Smash), Elma from my now dead laptop (Spirit ATM, hoping Min Min paves the way for her) and Snake from my phone (EVERYONE IS HERE!)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I actually voted for Neku on the ballot on my then-work computer so here’s hoping 🤞

my other votes were: Mecha-Fiora from my home computer (appears in Shulk’s Final Smash), Elma from my now dead laptop (Spirit ATM, hoping Min Min paves the way for her) and Snake from my phone (EVERYONE IS HERE!)
My vote was King K. Rool. I know this ain't the thread but since you brought it up, figured I share.

I'm wishing you and the rest of the Neku supporters luck in getting him in.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So @NekuForSmash on Twitter made this tweet, and in response, I gave what I think is a good summation of what Neku could be like:

"Imagine a fighter with the flashy psychic attacks of Ness and the agility and flair of Joker. Doesn't that sound fun?

Also, TWEWY music."
i need him NOW

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would you say the TWEWY composer actual music composer, not Kitaniji would be easier to work with than Nobuo Uematsu (FFVII) and Sugiyama (Dragon Quest series)?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ishimoto posted it so whatever it is, he’s likely doing the music for it.
Also SE 1st production twitter posted it themselves, so it's gotta be game related. I don't think they post anime related stuff themselves ever…

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

Looks like something will be announced next week for TWEWY
The fact that on the bottom it says BGM Ver., leads me to believe that this announcement might be a new game (perhaps sequel).👀 The track used for the site is different from the one in TWEWY Final Remix.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'ma go into some tinfoil hat theorizing here but, what a coincidence that this new TWEWY site went up recently and it hasn't been too long since Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory came out.

Ever since I saw that in the ending of KH 3, Neku ended up in what seemed to be Japan's Shibuya district when he encountered Yozora, that scene immediately made me recall TWEWY. And with KH: MoM's ending pretty much having Riku going over to that same world, I wonder if this could somehow be leading to an actual cross over between both franchises. Surprisingly it wouldn't be the first time since Neku did appear in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'ma go into some tinfoil hat theorizing here but, what a coincidence that this new TWEWY site went up recently and it hasn't been too long since Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory came out.

Ever since I saw that in the ending of KH 3, Neku ended up in what seemed to be Japan's Shibuya district when he encountered Yozora, that scene immediately made me recall TWEWY. And with KH: MoM's ending pretty much having Riku going over to that same world, I wonder if this could somehow be leading to an actual cross over between both franchises. Surprisingly it wouldn't be the first time since Neku did appear in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
“Neku ended up in Shibuya where he encountered Yozora” you mean Sora right?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Yes, my bad. I meant
Sora.
Brain farted for a moment there. 🤣

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

normua said yozora's shibuya is not the same one as neku's

Top Bottom