• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who are the top 3 IC players?

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Considering that neither Chu Dat nor Wobbles play the IC's anymore, I guess that eliminates both of them. My bet goes to Hylian and Virtual Void since they're the only ones with a good amount of vids of themselves online.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, if Chu-dat hadn't dropped them, he would be first, but Hylian and VirtualVoid definitely.

edddddie

Smash Cadet
hylian and virtualvoid are awesome
but from japan i think rinclimbers or nyosuke is the best
well those are the only ones i've seen but they're both really awesome :p

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wow, you guys are waay off. The top 3 IC players are, by far, in no particular order:

AznLep/N1c2k3/Choknater, even though I've never seen his Brawl IC's yet, he's the coolest other IC player that still plays, so the spot automatically goes to him.

Chu's probly still good based on principle, but he comes from south of the border, which by default makes him not viable for a top seed spot, coming from a 3rd world country, when considering the opposing players are of Scotish, Greek, and Asian decent. Sorry...

SnatchForFree

Smash Cadet
1. Hylian
2. ???
3. ???

Because I'm pretty sure Hylian made the chaingrab 0-deaths.
No. You're exttremely wrong. Alt. throws have been known since melee. Once we figured out that we could control nana, they became infinites and it was pretty common knowledge. All hylian did was post a video of a "new" CG, which was nothing more than a back throw d throw alt grab combo. Don't get me wrong, hylian has great climbers, but he didn't invent much of anything. VV was the first to make a demonstrational video however.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Such a question is kindof futile. Because of course the majority of people are going to throw names from celebs here at smashboards when its just as likely that thousands of people just read smashboards frequently and dont feel the need to post. Then considering that the smash world doesnt revolve around the United States...

On the boards?
Id say Hylian and Vitual Void are the best.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
People are saying Hylian? I probably would too xD. His desyncing is spot on, though I am better at chain grabbing than him, since I've come up with my own ways to 0% death with Xyro's 3 grab rule without having to use release grabs/footstools to do it either. And he messes up on them a lot from what I've seen in the replay datas he's sent me. I haven't watched any videos of him using them in tournaments yet though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
People are saying Hylian? I probably would too xD. His desyncing is spot on, though I am better at chain grabbing than him, since I've come up with my own ways to 0% death with Xyro's 3 grab rule without having to use release grabs/footstools to do it either. And he messes up on them a lot from what I've seen in the replay datas he's sent me. I haven't watched any videos of him using them in tournaments yet though.
Like someone else said, when you get in heated battles it is very easy to mess up CGing, and I'm sure you've messed up in a chain before to.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Like someone else said, when you get in heated battles it is very easy to mess up CGing, and I'm sure you've messed up in a chain before to.
Yup, I do :p Especially in the last tournament I went to (the same one Hylian went to), in my 2nd round, I didn't mess up any though at least :p But the reason I don't mess up much is because I only use non-risky chain grabs, and I don't have to do but 5 grabs max to do what I need to do.

Still, Hylian is really good with Ice Climbers. I faced him on wifi and he got me to the point where I was afraid to get near him xD, except in the Ice Climber ditto matches. He also did the footstool infinite against my diddy o.o and he was right, the Ice Block forces you to get up.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, thanks everyone ^_^.

KRD, I will challenge you on the chaingrabs :).

Currently, I can do every variation of the alt grabs consistantly. I can footstool infinite. I can release grab infinite. I can D-throw fair regrab before they tech up to about 80%.

I am currently working on Uthrow to nana footstool then popo regrab.

I <3 chain grabs.

Also, I didn't invent the 0-death CG lol. All I did was show that it is possibile to Bthrow with nana to popo without pivoting. Most people seemed to miss that point though XD.

And I have watched wobbles do Alt grabs in Melee wayyy before brawl came out XD.

I wish Void would post more. I really value his IC knowledge. I certainly learned a lot from him.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty good, hylian lets fight for it. Best of 7. Then we will post the winner.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Im pretty good, hylian lets fight for it. Best of 7. Then we will post the winner.
I know you are good.

IC dittos mean nothing though. Neither does online.

We have to see who places higher at tournaments :). I know you won that Dallas one Saturday, but I went to a Dallas tournament Friday and won over Infinity who beat you recently :).

I do want to play you though. I am impressed you could beat 3000.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm #3 after Hylian and Void. (I might even be better than void.)

*shrug* It's not like anyone can be proven wrong anyway.

SageofGlory

Smash Rookie
So who is probably better? Hylian or Void?

It seems like everyone agrees that these two are the best. What makes them the best? What do they do differently then others that keeps them ahead? Do they play similar? How would you describe thier climber styles?

Thanks!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think we need to have an IC off to see who the top three actually are. IC ditto WiFi tourney. lol

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
He wasn't bad. Might want to try a different apporach other than dash grabbing everytime though. Of course, why would you apporach in Brawl? >_>

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Chu
Hylian
Level 9 IC
lol, level 9 computers don't know how to recover right :p Hylian messes up on his recovery quite a bit too (forgetting to sync them before Up B or Over B every now and then).

By the way Xyro, I'd like to have a rematch at the next tournament with my Ice Climbers vs. your Samus. Back then I didn't really know what I was doing (I didn't know how to do any of the grab combos other than the solo down throw one, and I couldn't desync), and now I've gotten a lot better.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Hylian, we played several friendlies and I did very well. Could you give me some feed back on my ic? I know you dont like online but we both live in Texas and there was NO lag whatsoever. I know you beat INFINITY and i didnt at that ONE touney, but I came back and got 1st to Mr. 3000. I heard about your Houston victory and I say good job. Are you going to A-kon in Dallas?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'd like to face you sometime as well Melee. I want to try my luck against, the better IC players. To see what I need to change. You get better from experience not words.

Binx

Smash Master
Hylian, other than him I havn't actually seen a GOOD ice climber player, however most vids I've seen were from over a month ago so other ICs may have gotten significantly better by now.

Top Bottom