• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who are the top 3 IC players?

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I wish Void would post more. I really value his IC knowledge. I certainly learned a lot from him.
Heh, I appriciate that :D

Sadly I was too busy lately to post anything (I try to read everything tho).

I'm also working on an IC combo video but I'm currently out of good footage and I dont want to add fillers. Hopefully there will be a tournament soon. Also, I see that all the IC vids I have on youtube are extremely outdated, need to get new ones.

There was a small trailer for my IC combo vid at the end of my luigi combo vid incase you missed it http://youtube.com/watch?v=J5hVRT0VbBw

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Heh, I appriciate that :D

Sadly I was too busy lately to post anything (I try to read everything tho).

I'm also working on an IC combo video but I'm currently out of good footage and I dont want to add fillers. Hopefully there will be a tournament soon. Also, I see that all the IC vids I have on youtube are extremely outdated, need to get new ones.

There was a small trailer for my IC combo vid at the end of my luigi combo vid incase you missed it http://youtube.com/watch?v=J5hVRT0VbBw
That luigi combo vid is mean o.o

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I'd like to face you sometime as well Melee. I want to try my luck against, the better IC players. To see what I need to change. You get better from experience not words.
Hmm, I'm not sure how you play, maybe facing me someday.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sory man, it will be later, I'm going back to the CC. So we'll Brawl later, for sure.

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
well how about you get some tournament results so noobs stop saying hylian or other random people who have videos. Videos mean nothing (in SSBB atleast) untill you actually play the person.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
well how about you get some tournament results so noobs stop saying hylian or other random people who have videos. Videos mean nothing (in SSBB atleast) untill you actually play the person.
Uh...I'm pretty sure I have better tournament results then any other IC player...

And I don't have many videos out.

So you have no idea what you are talking about...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You do realize that he won the last tournament in houston right? And it was the biggest tournament in texas too.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah Hylian is quite the best; he is the Ice Climber hellion.

But I find myself plating better with just Popo than with Nana too. I can pull off alot better aerials and juggle people better. I don't see why, but sometimes I just play as Popo. But does anyone else do this?

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
I cant play with the Ice Climbers at all. But from what Ive seen Hylian has really gotten me into them, and Im hoping to get good with them.

A good IC can over come tough matchups if you have a good grab game going. And can definitely turn around a match like no other character, due to the amazing gimping.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yeah Hylian is quite the best; he is the Ice Climber hellion.

But I find myself plating better with just Popo than with Nana too. I can pull off alot better aerials and juggle people better. I don't see why, but sometimes I just play as Popo. But does anyone else do this?
Yup, I play as a solo climber every now and then, it's pretty fun.

Miller

Smash Lord
Ive never posted any videos up here with IC yet, but Ill have some up by tomorrow, I want you to see how good i am ;)

Im going to a pretty decent tournament today, over 40 people are going to be attending, ill make sure ill get those videos up

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I need to up videos too xD. I **** in matches without even grabbing.

I should make a thread about how to win without grabbing with IC's. (I tried to make one before, like 1500 words, but my comp crashed :p)

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Nobody knows me :,(

I guess that makes sense and I doubt I'm anywhere near top 3 anyways, but I have been doing well in SoCal tourneys going pure ICs recently. :)

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of you Fly Amanita!

From what i remember, you had pretty good Melee IC's too. And i heard you pissed off D.C. or CAOS (i forget) with the chain grabs. He's made a post wanting to ban them now in regiional boards. haha. Always appreciate players pushing the boundaries

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
So hylian, after that A-kon tourney do u think I deserve one of the top three ice climbers spots?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yes, I've heard of Fly Amanita also. Since I'm guessing he's probably the one that made CAOS post that idiot thread in Pacific West about the infinite grabs being cheap, he's probably good.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
How come I haven't heard of/seen you around at all beore Fly? Not doubting you're any good, just haven seen you before. Even though Chao's a big johner, still good **** for making him make that thread, LoL, I remember it. Anyways, I hope this top 3 nonsense doesn't become to big a trend. No offense to Hylian/whoever else, but honestly, their metagame isn't nearly as intricate, at least not yet, and the game still hasn't been out long enough to start saying who's best. Atm everyone seems to be impressed w/anyone who can cg 0-death, and is considered viable for top 3 spot, which IMO doesn't neccessarily make anyone a better player, and shouldn't even be factor in considerting who's top. Just my 3 cents...

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
How come I haven't heard of/seen you around at all beore Fly? Not doubting you're any good, just haven seen you before.
I don't travel very much and I joined the competitive smash community fairly recently (late 2007), so I'm only really known by SoCal smashers; I also mostly stay in the Pacific West board, but I think I'll start coming by here pretty often to see what tricksies other ICs players are coming up with. =)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Melee1 has a very good ICs. He doesn't really rely on chaingrabs at all, and he is winning/placing top 3 in every tournament he goes to.

As for an actual top 3, I agree that you can't really rank us until more big tournaments happen. Melee1 and myself probably have the best tournament record easily, but that could just be because other IC players have to play more skilled opponents.

All we can do now is speculate.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You see you really can't rank on tournaments alone though, some better Ice Climber players might not even enter tournaments.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You see you really can't rank on tournaments alone though, some better Ice Climber players might not even enter tournaments.
Then they are not better. If you don't go to tournaments then you shouldn`t even be considered. Being the best is defined by tournament placings and who you beat.

You can't be the best without proving yourself :).

Miller

Smash Lord
Do people actually gasp at 0-Deaths?
Thats pretty sad if they do, 0-Deaths are not that difficult to do.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Do people actually gasp at 0-Deaths?
Thats pretty sad if they do, 0-Deaths are not that difficult to do.
People that don't use Ice Climbers find 0% death grabs entertaining to watch from what I've been told. And they are a lot harder to pull off when everyone's watching because you get nervous, and there's the pressure of winning, which makes it easy to mess up.

Cardd

Smash Cadet
lol man, the other day i heard of the IC chain grabbing for the first time, cuz i was oblivios to that kinda stuff u know, then i watched that one video void made and i was like zomg! It made me want to make IC one of my secondarys right aroudn DK/Rob.

But i can only CG around 3-4 times, any of em, so it's only enough to piss ppl off, and not enough to ensure my victory. And let me tell u, that **** is hard. There's been some ppl slamming hylian and stuff saying that CG takes no skill and him and void and the like have to do that to win.

I just wanted to give anyone who can do that serious props, and gl at the tourneys.

O and maybe some tips on how to keep the chain going more then 4 times ? :)

Top Bottom