So when is he coming?

The reveal trailer said The Hero will be out in Summer 2019. Problem is we're already in Summer 2019! Why would they reveal him within the general timeframe of release? Is he coming this month, July or August?

To be fair, it technically isn't Summer yet. Summer begins on June 21st. I can't see them releasing The Hero in August, and June still feels a bit too soon. So around the beginning of July is my best guess. There's also a chance we'll get him somewhere in the middle of July, but probably not near the end of July.

To be fair, it technically isn't Summer yet. Summer begins on June 21st. I can't see them releasing The Hero in August, and June still feels a bit too soon. So around the beginning of July is my best guess. There's also a chance we'll get him somewhere in the middle of July, but probably not near the end of July.
For America Summer officially begins after Memorial Day. What areas of the World is June 21st the beginning of Summer? Not trying to sound mean or anything; genuinely curious since June 21st seems extremely late to be labeled 'Summer' over here.

For America Summer officially begins after Memorial Day. What areas of the World is June 21st the beginning of Summer? Not trying to sound mean or anything; genuinely curious since June 21st seems extremely late to be labeled 'Summer' over here.
I live in America and I never heard of Summer beginning Memorial Day. I only knew of June 21st being the first day of Summer on the calender, which is also known as the Summer Solstice. So I guess we're technically still in Spring. But school's out.

I dunno, I just googled it lol. And June 21 is what it gave me. I'm in America as well.

Related question: do we expect to have to wait for a direct for his release, or do we expect another "lol here's Joker" situation where they just release a video to YouTube out of nowhere and then he releases that night?

I live in America and I never heard of Summer beginning Memorial Day. I only knew of June 21st being the first day of Summer on the calender, which is also known as the Summer Solstice. So I guess we're technically still in Spring. But school's out.
Ah, media outlets usually announce Memorial Day as the official start of Summer and the Summer Blockbuster season for movies. Not to mention that most school are out by the first week of June and the Summer heat is already in full effect by that time for lower states.

June 21st seems super late to me lol.

EDIT: With the year having 4 seasons, I always rationalized it myself that each season has 3 months (where weather usually corresponds to that season as well for those months). Fall was September, October, November; Winter is December, January, February, Spring is March, April, May, and Summer is June, July, August (typically the three hottest months of the year).

Last edited:
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Related question: do we expect to have to wait for a direct for his release, or do we expect another "lol here's Joker" situation where they just release a video to YouTube out of nowhere and then he releases that night?
Honestly it could go either way but given the mess that was the joker release(which happened in part due to The VGA's announcement)and that The Hero wasn't announced any sooner than he should have been

i don't think we're gonna have some abrupt "Holy Crap here's Hero!" Situation on our hands unless Nintendo really fears that the eshop is gonna crash if they set a specific date for Hero instead of just shadow dropping him like say next week