• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So when is he coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
ahh, the classic Nintendo release date for when we will know the release date for something. Truly no Smash pro player holds a candle to Sakurais mastery of the Smash Bros meta game.
seriously...this just seems like they know fans are tired of all this secrecy and are just milking it for all it's worth

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
"And now i would like to show the magic abilities that are effective with a team mate. Please welcome Toriyama-san, Horii-san, and Reggie-san for no reason."

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I wonder if gamers these days are too spoiled. Back in my day, the only way to know anything is if you had a magazine subscription, and we liked it.
Ok, that is actually true too.

Maybe we just got too used to getting stuff spoiled.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
This may be my pessimism talking, but I sadly get that feeling at times with Nintendo too.
I Just want the character to be out already and I'd hate for this to be how every character release is treated...Silence for ages and then An Announcement for the announcement

this wasn't fun or exciting it was just exhausting having to deal with crazy fan theories of "will hero be out on this day or maybe this day?"

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
The flaw is that back then they arguably were more clear about this stuff because they couldn't just shadowdrop things. If you wanted people to know about anything you had to announce the release several months in advance. we knew what we were getting and that they're coming sometime vaguely "in summer" already so the "when" is less of a surprise and more of a nuisance.

It's honestly kind of ridiculous that we had to get a release date before the very last minute via what was essentially a freaking leak now. Like.. what's a day or two's difference?(also god forbid you give people more than a day to export their replays and such)

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i wish we knew why nintendo thought being so mysterious was good for business....i mean i agree the fact we had to find out the release date via a leak was really stupid

nintendo could have come out and said the date already but nope they need to make a big deal out of it with A Sakurai themed video where he demo's hero and then says when hero's coming out

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Honestly i'm tempted to just keep myself intentionally ignorant of the last 2 DLC until they come out at this rate if they repeat this bull**** again with Banjo.(I mean i doubt i'll personally care as much about them as Hero and Banjo but still with this kind of crap ignorance is bliss since this is honestly really damaging all the hype i initially had on reveal)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Honestly i'm tempted to just keep myself intentionally ignorant of the last 2 DLC until they come out at this rate if they repeat this bull**** again with Banjo.(I mean i doubt i'll personally care as much about them as Hero and Banjo but still with this kind of crap ignorance is bliss since this is honestly really damaging all the hype i initially had on reveal)
Yeah, same. This is where I get offa this train and start avoiding all smash DLC speculation left.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Seriously? Right when the Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled Nitro Tour Grand Prix ends and I'm trying to get the last few Nitro Tour items from the Pit Stop before the Back N Time Grand Prix starts, the DLC for Super Smash Bros Ultimate comes out. And I have work and Tae-Kwon-Do tomorrow too!

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
https://smashboards.com/threads/when-will-the-bear-and-the-bird-come-out.485580/
I just felt like we need to move into the :ultbanjokazooie: release date thread and close the :ulthero: one.
Right, because this is going to continue being a problem going forward even now that Hero is finally coming out. It doesn't end; it's just going to continue with Banjo now. Expect dead silence throughout a chunk of the Fall, with a few "I think he's coming out this week because tenuous reason!" posts, then BAM, Nintendo will abruptly drop him after everyone is sick of being kept in the dark for months again.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
The video said he'll be coming today. But when I checked my game, I got a notice saying he'll come in seven days. I don't have him or his stage and I've bought the Fighter Pass. My game didn't update to 4.0.0. And when I checked the eShop, he's not there.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Apparently it'll be late at night today. annoying that even after announcing it it's still vague but he'll be here by tomorrow atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom