• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So when is he coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

the worst part is with splatoon 2's splatfest's wrapped up there's not much they can toss out there to distract me from the fact that hero isn't out yet...
I personally suggest UA3.

That game is literally making the wait easier as freaking hell.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I just hope this means that the release of the remaining fighters are better paced than what we have gotten so far.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^ I bloody hope so atleast since this weird pacing and constantly being in the dark stuff is getting really tiresome. It makes me wonder if the last two will just be a dual pack released at the very last day for the alleged deadline at this rate. I understand that it takes a long time to make a good, well-polished character but when you're at the stage where you're ready to announce them with gameplay and all give a real freaking release date.

Atleast this is better than joker though where we didn't even know anything about what he'd look like gameplay and moves wise until literally minutes before the sudden release

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It makes me wonder if the last two will just be a dual pack released at the very last day for the alleged deadline at this rate.
Corrin and Bayonetta were added on the same day after all and they were the final DLC characters. Could very well happen again.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Corrin and Bayonetta were added on the same day after all and they were the final DLC characters. Could very well happen again.
Yeah I can see a similar situation happening this time around. Well I hope so anyway, the potential of the community tearing itself apart over ONE remaining spot is tiring.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I can definitely see it being possible but i most likely see it being a hero and banjo situation where its a double announcement with different dates

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
anyone else just seriously bored of this crap now? i don't see how this is good for business at all
I am.
I just don't see how they plan to reach new audiences if their intent is to do so at EVO.

The only legit reason for taking this long has to be final balance tweaks, if Sakurai's comment on Hero's MP mechanic is anything to go by.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i haven't played smash since june and there's a reason for that....My Main Sucks(K.Rool)and patches have done nothing to help him

So I've waited for hero's release and unfortunately that's where i stand now...still waiting

this awkward silence doesn't help anyone it just makes nintendo look weird

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
As a former smash 4 ganondorf main i'd say not to get your hopes to high for buffs but yeah, i feel you. i was getting back into smash after a a little over a month long hiatus sheerly in preparation to main hero(as unless they really screw it up their moveset concept appeals to my interest greatly. combine that with a fondness for dragon quest and toriyama's art style and yeah..) at this rate i might as well be tied to samus and ganondorf for the long run though(not that i dislike that but yeah, this silence is getting really dumb)

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
i haven't played smash since june and there's a reason for that....My Main Sucks(K.Rool)and patches have done nothing to help him

So I've waited for hero's release and unfortunately that's where i stand now...still waiting

this awkward silence doesn't help anyone it just makes nintendo look weird
Then why not try a new main?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
As a former smash 4 ganondorf main i'd say not to get your hopes to high for buffs but yeah, i feel you. i was getting back into smash after a a little over a month long hiatus sheerly in preparation to main hero(as unless they really screw it up their moveset concept appeals to my interest greatly. combine that with a fondness for dragon quest and toriyama's art style and yeah..) at this rate i might as well be tied to samus and ganondorf for the long run though(not that i dislike that but yeah, this silence is getting really dumb)
Tell me about it.
I picked up Link to play as the heaviest, sluggish version of a swordfighter to get used to what looks like the most similar version of Hero. And look at me. It's been so long, I'm basically a Link main now. And I usually only main characters from series I actually really like.

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
Not that it matters, but I do kind of think it reflects poorly on Nintendo to be this stingy with communication. That "July, no wait summer" video is where I started to actually get irked. When you make a mistake like that, there is no good option on what to do because the video is already out there and can't be stopped. The best thing to do would be to roll with the punches and come out and say "yeah, we didn't intend to do that, but here's the deal: Hero will release [insert approximate date]. Stay tuned for more specifics!" But even that was asking too much. They just remained silent.

It's not the wait (although I am becoming worried about the DLC being released by February still), it's the lack of communication. Just say when the date is. If it's far away, I'll wait (obviously). But this "he could come out tomorrow or he could come out on September 22nd or anywhere in between" stuff is more damaging to my hype than anything else. I can't sustain hype anymore and I'm getting to the point where the eventual release is going to be met with "meh, finally. Can we get to Banjo now?" from me.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I heard Japan uses a first of the month system of June, July, August, meaning we are almost 2/3rds of the way through.
You can look it up online. The seasons have the same start and end dates everywhere in the world with some places in the world having the name of the seasons swapped (to match their weather).

Japan Summer is the same as US. June 21st to September 23rd or something close to that. We are only 1/3rd of the way through.

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
You can look it up online. The seasons have the same start and end dates everywhere in the world with some places in the world having the name of the seasons swapped (to match their weather).

Japan Summer is the same as US. June 21st to September 23rd or something close to that. We are only 1/3rd of the way through.
Not certain on this one but I think businesses use a different definition of seasons than their astronomical meaning, which means there could be a discrepancy there.

andree123

Smash Ace
Seems like the Hero might be coming closer, not sure if VR plant is stating that he is coming out later today or next the day in July.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Not that it matters, but I do kind of think it reflects poorly on Nintendo to be this stingy with communication. That "July, no wait summer" video is where I started to actually get irked. When you make a mistake like that, there is no good option on what to do because the video is already out there and can't be stopped. The best thing to do would be to roll with the punches and come out and say "yeah, we didn't intend to do that, but here's the deal: Hero will release [insert approximate date]. Stay tuned for more specifics!" But even that was asking too much. They just remained silent.

It's not the wait (although I am becoming worried about the DLC being released by February still), it's the lack of communication. Just say when the date is. If it's far away, I'll wait (obviously). But this "he could come out tomorrow or he could come out on September 22nd or anywhere in between" stuff is more damaging to my hype than anything else. I can't sustain hype anymore and I'm getting to the point where the eventual release is going to be met with "meh, finally. Can we get to Banjo now?" from me.
i couldn't agree more.....i just cannot understand nintendo's mindset on this they knew what happened with joker and yet they are fine with letting that happen again

fans losing their minds because nintendo won't say diddly about when the character's coming and it becomes a matter of "he's out when he's out" which again doesn't make them look good it just makes them seem clueless and stupid it's almost like they have no idea what they are doing and hope just fan speculation will be more than enough hype for the character

but it's not it's just garbage that we have to make theories and wild guesses on when hero's coming out instead of being excited to play him we're just making weird little fan theories on a release date that nobody knows and all anyone has to go off of is maintenance times and that stupid 7-11 Ad in Japan

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
yeah, if this is how all smash dlc is going to go this honestly creates the opposite of hype.(again, joker's sudden release was probably the sloppiest launch for a new character i've ever seen, just suddenly dropping him completely out of nowhere at a random time with zero build up? come on..) an actual release date even if it was far off at this point would be way better than just "he could be out at literally any freaking time now ranging from tomorrow, later today, or more than a bloody month from now"

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
yeah, if this is how all smash dlc is going to go this honestly creates the opposite of hype.(again, joker's sudden release was probably the sloppiest launch for a new character i've ever seen, just suddenly dropping him completely out of nowhere at a random time with zero build up? come on..) an actual release date even if it was far off at this point would be way better than just "he could be out at literally any freaking time now ranging from tomorrow, later today, or more than a bloody month from now"
I'm really starting to wonder if this is really just a nintendo thing or some bizarre way of doing business in japan that I'm unaware of

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
It's just a nintendo thing. I've played several japanese developed games with DLC(such as blazblue CS and Blazblue CF) and none of them have been this bizzarely vague about things. Every other dev is clear cut about these things which is exactly what makes this so baffling

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If I remember right in smash 4 all they did was announce them with trailers and then say they'd be released soon afterwards right?

But then again a few of those characters were leaked beforehand so I guess they wanted to avoid that this time around.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
it's just...why is nintendo so stupid? this isn't how a company should be ran and it's really not how you hype up people

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
If they announce a game or character at E3, don't say Summer of that same year. Make a specific date!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hope they keep leaking content. This practice is just unacceptable. The hell are they thinking?

Edit: This BS is affecting my love for DQ as a whole. Playing only reminds me of the wait.

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
My original prediction of late June or early July was way off. I have no idea anymore.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
It's going to be crazy if Hero doesn't show up at all. But hopefully EVO would have him released. August is the latest you can release something slated for Summer.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
“The wait is finally over!”
In before he’s announced to come out next weekend. Because DQ tradition and all that.

Still, I’d rather have a distant date than no date at all.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
really feels like they are dragging this out..."Join Us July 30th when we tell you when Hero's coming"

why does the release date of a character have to be treated as some event?

Last edited:

EnigmaticNerd

Smash Rookie
ahh, the classic Nintendo release date for when we will know the release date for something. Truly no Smash pro player holds a candle to Sakurais mastery of the Smash Bros meta game.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Prob a shadow drop then. Strange they've decided to go for a Sakurai-centric walkthough rather than the narrator driven Direct that we had for Joker.

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
"This concludes the demo. I hope you're looking forward to playing as The Hero when he releases later this summer. Goodbye!"

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

If even this much got taken down, Nintendo must really want things to be kept under wraps until the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom