• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So when is he coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
The reveal trailer said The Hero will be out in Summer 2019. Problem is we're already in Summer 2019! Why would they reveal him within the general timeframe of release? Is he coming this month, July or August?

D

Deleted member

Hopefully around the beginning of July or end of June.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
To be fair, it technically isn't Summer yet. Summer begins on June 21st. I can't see them releasing The Hero in August, and June still feels a bit too soon. So around the beginning of July is my best guess. There's also a chance we'll get him somewhere in the middle of July, but probably not near the end of July.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
What I want is in a July direct. What will probably happen is around EVO2019.

Plant took around 2 months after announcement.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Not long, the datamines suggested that he wasn't too far behind Joker so I'd say late June-early July

D

Deleted member

To be fair, it technically isn't Summer yet. Summer begins on June 21st. I can't see them releasing The Hero in August, and June still feels a bit too soon. So around the beginning of July is my best guess. There's also a chance we'll get him somewhere in the middle of July, but probably not near the end of July.
For America Summer officially begins after Memorial Day. What areas of the World is June 21st the beginning of Summer? Not trying to sound mean or anything; genuinely curious since June 21st seems extremely late to be labeled 'Summer' over here.

GhostM

Phantom
Even though it’s already summer, I’d expect Hero to drop somewhere around July to early August. I’m pretty sure they’ll show off Hero and his entire moveset, just like they did with Joker.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
For America Summer officially begins after Memorial Day. What areas of the World is June 21st the beginning of Summer? Not trying to sound mean or anything; genuinely curious since June 21st seems extremely late to be labeled 'Summer' over here.
I live in America and I never heard of Summer beginning Memorial Day. I only knew of June 21st being the first day of Summer on the calender, which is also known as the Summer Solstice. So I guess we're technically still in Spring. But school's out.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I dunno, I just googled it lol. And June 21 is what it gave me. I'm in America as well.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
shouldn't be that long...looking at his trailer he doesn't seem to look wonky(I.E Unfinished)and there's nothing i can point out that looks like it needs work

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
Related question: do we expect to have to wait for a direct for his release, or do we expect another "lol here's Joker" situation where they just release a video to YouTube out of nowhere and then he releases that night?

D

Deleted member

I live in America and I never heard of Summer beginning Memorial Day. I only knew of June 21st being the first day of Summer on the calender, which is also known as the Summer Solstice. So I guess we're technically still in Spring. But school's out.
Ah, media outlets usually announce Memorial Day as the official start of Summer and the Summer Blockbuster season for movies. Not to mention that most school are out by the first week of June and the Summer heat is already in full effect by that time for lower states.

June 21st seems super late to me lol.

EDIT: With the year having 4 seasons, I always rationalized it myself that each season has 3 months (where weather usually corresponds to that season as well for those months). Fall was September, October, November; Winter is December, January, February, Spring is March, April, May, and Summer is June, July, August (typically the three hottest months of the year).

Last edited by a moderator:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Related question: do we expect to have to wait for a direct for his release, or do we expect another "lol here's Joker" situation where they just release a video to YouTube out of nowhere and then he releases that night?
Honestly it could go either way but given the mess that was the joker release(which happened in part due to The VGA's announcement)and that The Hero wasn't announced any sooner than he should have been

i don't think we're gonna have some abrupt "Holy Crap here's Hero!" Situation on our hands unless Nintendo really fears that the eshop is gonna crash if they set a specific date for Hero instead of just shadow dropping him like say next week

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I think we'll get a tune in for a 10-15 minutes of smash content a day or two before he releases.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
that would be way too long and by then hype will have turned into extreme annoyance for DQ Hero Supporters
They waited like 4 months for joker, not sure why? Guess the initial hype of release carried hype until joker arrived, but they don't have that with the next dlc characters. No way they would be like over 2 months between characters now.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
They waited like 4 months for joker, not sure why? Guess the initial hype of release carried hype until joker arrived, but they don't have that with the next dlc characters. No way they would be like over 2 months between characters now.
especially since unlike Joker...Hero wasn't revealed ahead of schedule(which means he isn't an incomplete mess that would require additional time just to be shown off)

he was revealed at a time they felt comfortable with....but what weirds me out is how vague they were about his release date despite him being in a better spot than joker

Summer 2019 tells us nothing and is basically nintendo's way of saying "We Could release hero in August and You couldn't complain because that's still summer!"

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
especially since unlike Joker...Hero wasn't revealed ahead of schedule(which means he isn't an incomplete mess that would require additional time just to be shown off)

he was revealed at a time they felt comfortable with....but what weirds me out is how vague they were about his release date despite him being in a better spot than joker

Summer 2019 tells us nothing and is basically nintendo's way of saying "We Could release hero in August and You couldn't complain because that's still summer!"
I still think it could even be in June, probably just covering their bases in case planning goes wrong and it needs to be held off until August.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
yeah but i have serious doubts that'll happen...if he is out in june then there's not much time left since the month's almost over

not expecting him today but hey anything could happen...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Take into account things don’t get released a day after they are finished. Stuff needs to be debugged and quality assured and then approved through a long chain of command. Hero will be finished weeks before he is actually released to the public, and as such don’t expect him in June as if that was the case Nintendo would have already been in the process by E3 and would have probably made some comment that he is really close to done or would have had the release date as “June” as opposed to Summer.

I would say expect him early July as the earliest.

Edit: All this said, the E3 presentation was definitely also made weeks before it was shown, and it is possible that Hero was nearing completion at that point and then in between the making of the video and E3 he was finished. So I guess depending on when the E3 video was made, it could be possible for late June, but the possibility of that is very low.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Tomorrow's Nintendo announcement is coming at levels of sonic speed faster than the hero's Zoom, like literally fast in terms of hours, because maintenance is comin' up and Nintendo is going to announce nothing, ssbu 4.0.0, or (don't announce this over Hero's) the rumored Switch Mini model.

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
I don't want to be that guy, but I should point out that summer technically ends in late September. We all think of summer as ending in August because school always conditioned us to view it that way, but "Summer 2019" could mean "September 22nd", technically speaking. Similarly with Banjo & Kazooie coming out in the Fall, which people think of as September/October/November, but could be as late as just a few days before Christmas. I'm not necessarily saying I expect that to happen, I'm just saying they've given themselves a lot of wiggle room here and there isn't actually much reason at the moment to assume he's releasing soon.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I don't want to be that guy, but I should point out that summer technically ends in late September. We all think of summer as ending in August because school always conditioned us to view it that way, but "Summer 2019" could mean "September 22nd", technically speaking. Similarly with Banjo & Kazooie coming out in the Fall, which people think of as September/October/November, but could be as late as just a few days before Christmas. I'm not necessarily saying I expect that to happen, I'm just saying they've given themselves a lot of wiggle room here and there isn't actually much reason at the moment to assume he's releasing soon.
I mean there's quite reason to believe he is coming soon. Nintendo guaranteed that all 5 DLC chars would be out before February 2020. They have 7 more months to release 4 characters. If they release Hero in September, we're talking that they'd have about 4 months to release 3 characters. Imagine Banjo in December, that would only give them about 1 month to release 2 characters.

They most definitely want to space out character releases, which should mean that we will have 2 chars in Fall, so Banjo should be early Fall and another one Late Fall. If we go by this reasoning Hero should be around Early-Mid Summer release.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I fully expect the hero to just randomly drop one day without any warning like with Joker.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I fully expect the hero to just randomly drop one day without any warning like with Joker.
While both Joker and Pirahna plant weren't announced, we did know there was a patch dropping like half a week early in both scenarios, we just didn't expect those patches to bring the chars. So don't expect him like tomorrow, at the earliest expect him like half a week from whatever day "Today" is.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Maybe pessimistic, but I really think we’ll be waiting until early-mid August for Hero. I just don’t see a reason for them to give “Summer 2019” as the release date when they come out the following month.

August would also reinstate the “every other month” pattern we had with Launch -> Plant -> Joker.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Wish people would stop being so pessimistic about hero's release and thinking he won't be out until august...that just doesn't make any sense

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I Wish people would stop being so pessimistic about hero's release and thinking he won't be out until august...that just doesn't make any sense
Announcing his release date as Summer 2019 while we're already here doesn't make sense either.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Makes it closer to the release of DQ XI, that's why I've heard people say September. I don't mind waiting because I got things to keep me occupied until then anyway.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I just wish we got actual freaking release dates. Why the vagueness? really hope the last two dlc fighters get that at the very least. Atleast we got some actual gameplay footage unlike joker which we had to wait forever for in that regard though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom