• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, the tier list came out today

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
And Mario got placed in the low tier.

Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
DK
Diddy
Pikachu
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon

Can't say that I didn't see this coming, but I expected him to be higher than Ness and Lucas because of how easy Mario gimps them with the cape.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The only thing that seems accurate is the top and some of the high tier (I think some of the high tier should be switched around), but Mid and low are all over the place.

And I still dunno why with all the Snakes I've took out that he's considered 2nd best.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ness and lucas beat more characters than mario does
snake beats more characters than everyone in the game dows, besides metaknight

only thing I disagree with is Yoshi being low tier, but that's to be expected because no one plays him

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
It's not really a huge issue, since the early tier lists are commonly "ease of use" lists, and we all know Mario and all the current low tiers have a pretty large learning curve. I wouldn't worry about it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
ness and lucas beat more characters than mario does
This is based off of what? None of the matchup charts are finished and even less are accurate. If this list is based off of anything but tourney rankings, I'm inclined to disagree.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, I think that the tier lists do take tourney victories into consideration, but also things like character attack priority go into consideration.

SamuraiPanda's tier list was better and more accurate, in my opinion.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Actually, I think that the tier lists do take tourney victories into consideration, but also things like character attack priority go into consideration.

SamuraiPanda's tier list was better and more accurate, in my opinion.
I'm sure they take in tourney rankings, and that's another reason why this list isn't pissing me off. Mario's not doing as good in tourneys as he should be since he's not being represented well.

Nothing else should be taken into consideration, however, instead of matchups. It's MUCH too early in the game's life to be measuring character potential and things of that nature.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Lulz.

Mario will **** all low tier tournies. His cape kills everybody on there.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'll just say, I'm glad Mario is above Sonic on this list. But he should be mid tier.

nash123

Smash Journeyman
No seriously, it's getting old.Everyone meme leeches the **** out of stuff and next thing you know, only /b/ is saying it with all the new***s.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
as expected, i knew mario would be that low. It took me a couple of matches were i have gotten chain grabbed to death by ddd and falco to show me how broken brawl is. Almost to the point where i constantly have an urge to play melee again.

Sakurai didn't do a good job balancing characters, brawl is heavily tier based, well at least for now until someone starts to find useful exploits like melees advanced techs....

however, never again will i consider switching mario ever again. It just feels good to win matches with him, because with him being on low tier, you can really bust out the no johns rule, which means people can't really complain when i spam.

Deception

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you guys know that Mario deserves mid tier again. You just need get more people maining him and representing him tournaments. The low number of Mario mains is what is keeping him back.

Famous

Smash Champion
I agree. People minds will change when they start seeing upper tiers like Marth, MK and Snake losing to good Mario players...

EDIT: What? Low tier tourneys? Lol

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Due to Brawl being heavily tier-based, there has been some thought of tier-based tourneys.

Going with the list now, I can easily say that Mario can easily dominate the majority of characters in low tier. I mean, geeze, Mario can go toe-to-toe with some of the high tier.

If it ever happens, rest assured Mario will get pushed up to mid.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
This is based off of what? None of the matchup charts are finished and even less are accurate. If this list is based off of anything but tourney rankings, I'm inclined to disagree.
Match up charts are and always have been bull****.

This is based on the common sense of stacking up one characters stats against another.
ness and lucas out range him, build damage better than him, are faster/as fast as him, recover better than him, and are more powerful than him. simple

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What would need to happen for Mario to be moved up to mid tier? I also strongly disagree with Wario, Bowser, and Ike's placement. Ike and Bowser have worse matchups against the higher tiers than Mario does and Wario can now be infinited by 8 characters and grabbed released into a kill move by like half the cast.

Top Bottom