• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ken is competing in at Evo

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Did anyone see Isai's post on the 2nd video?

"falco defeat did"

Legendary words from a legendary man.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
WHAT i hope ken is doing.
Competing in brawl with items off or on.
what i doubt ken is doing.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
WHAT i hope ken is doing.
what i doubt ken is doing.
I think otherwise. TBH I think Ken is just that guy who says "Doesn't matter what the rules are, if it's in SSB, I'm going to go and whoop that @$$," and then goes and does it. He doesn't talk ****, even though everyone talks about him, and he just puts the work in. If EVO had a good ruleset, he would've still gone, I'm sure.

Ponder

EVO Co-Founder
The matches will likely be put on a DVD, to be sold later this year.

edit: that goes for all of Sunday's contests.

--GCII
We'll post a few of the matches of the top 8 on YouTube so people can see how items play went down at Evo, but otherwise you are correct. We ask that players not post any videos that they've taken of the semi-finals or finals so that they can be exclusive on the DVD.

Feel free to post as much of the qualifying pools as you like.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
We'll post a few of the matches of the top 8 on YouTube so people can see how items play went down at Evo, but otherwise you are correct. We ask that players not post any videos that they've taken of the semi-finals or finals so that they can be exclusive on the DVD.

Feel free to post as much of the qualifying pools as you like.

I thought I was the only person with a low post count that registered in 2004.

Rimmer

Smash Rookie
To be fair, he didn't say "I'm gonna revolutionize the Marth metagame." He said something like "I think my Marth might revolutionize the Marth metagame. Or I'll just suck like everyone says I will." I think he ended up at a nice compromize. He didn't revolutionize the metagame, but he certainly didn't suck either. Infact, he kicks quite a bit of hindquarters.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, he didn't say "I'm gonna revolutionize the Marth metagame." He said something like "I think my Marth might revolutionize the Marth metagame. Or I'll just suck like everyone says I will." I think he ended up at a nice compromize. He didn't revolutionize the metagame, but he certainly didn't suck either. Infact, he kicks quite a bit of hindquarters.
Quoting for truth. People should stop looking down on Ken just simply because his Marth didn't appear revolutionary. THis is his first Brawl tourney too (I think), and he made it to second, so he did pretty good already. Don't pressure the guy for more.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
What did people expect to see? Because barring some kind of hidden AT that he puts to extreme use, there wasn't much more he could have shown other then good mindgames, spacing and reading (which is basically all Brawl is) and he did them all well.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
H elooked goo. A solid Marth, but not by a long shot the best. I can definitely compare our Marth's, and in Melee, he utterly outclassed me. Mind you, Brawl is newer and a lot easier. I'm just saying I saw a good Marth, but as a Marth player, I'm not impressed beyond the norm.

Fenrir EX

Smash Rookie
What the hell is up with all those people complaining about items. It's annoying; if you don't want to play with items, don't watch the vids and don't go to tourneys that have items turned on.

That said, I find these vids WAY more enjoyable to watch than "real" tournaments. I mean in this vid, somewhere around 2:30, Ken gets a Cracker Launcher. Instead of shooting into Falco's reflector, he shoots into the air, totally missing the opponent. Instead, they fall back down a moment later, hitting the unsuspecting Falco, who totally forgot about the shots coming back down! Those kind of things make the EVO tournament more fun than "real" tournaments, in my opinion.

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
I think anyone other than CPU shoud stop talking smack on Ken.
I mean really WTF?
Ken is one of the major names that has had such success that he gives our humble and noble hobby of smash a tiny spec of glamour.

Wtf did Ken do to get such hate?

He frickin said he might suck? Did all of you haters miss that?

Baa Baa, lets follow the hate on Ken crowd.

/End rant.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
jesus christ, people. if you're talking to me and the other people that simply said "he's good but a revolution? nah." then you should maybe think again. my point here is that he said he was gonna revolutionize the marth metagame and he didn't but he's still a really skilled player.

God...

Retroking2000

Smash Master
when melee came in to competition

they competed with items just check the TG4 series on youtube (ken(marth) vs Sam(falco)

then as the months went on they found game changing tactics so the use for items was off

brawl is going the same direction .

Revolce

Smash Cadet
the more i watch those videos the more i realize how gay evo is haha
when melee came in to competition

they competed with items just check the TG4 series on youtube (ken(marth) vs Sam(falco)

then as the months went on they found game changing tactics so the use for items was off

brawl is going the same direction .
True but the only problem I have with this statement is the fact that people know how to figure out most of these. But you are right, maybe they are looking in the wrong direction.

Top Bottom