• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So is online play gonna get better?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't think it will. I think Nintendo's satisfied with the online play. However, it's true it can get better. Doesn't mean it will. Don't expect it to get better.

Atsu

Smash Ace
Unless they recreate/upgrade the current server, I doubt it.

If only they applied what they did with MKWii. It's practically lagless for me.

But if you play people with good connection, it should be fine. I tend to get Yellow-Green with most people. Of course, you also need a good connection to get rid of some of the horrible lag.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
:mad: :embarrass Tired..of seeing these post...spots a"F"weaPoN from Contra 8 bit style iN dA skY...
Because, really there is not a point to this game anymore unless it will.
Thats fine,just lets the other 4.5million that dont care about viv details play in piece.

I don't think it will. I think Nintendo's satisfied with the online play. However, it's true it can get better. Doesn't mean it will. Don't expect it to get better.
Sorry,I beg to differ.Just like people that are willing to except defeat and improve,Nintendo cant help but to improve with online support.Youd have to be crazy to think that they wouldnt figure out whats causing lag in this title and attempt to prevent the same problem in the next game.Also take account that fighting gaming are now taking the 1st "offical" leap into online worlds this generation.Its gonna take some time for devs to figure out things.You crawl before you walk I should say.However,reading what was said Sakurai basically hint that "hes done of looking at Brawl",it wont happen anytime soon for Brawl,thats why I just live with it.

But if you play people with good connection, it should be fine. I tend to get Yellow-Green with most people. Of course, you also need a good connection to get rid of some of the horrible lag.
Yeah,but then too,theres lag in MK as well.Its easier to hide in games that dont involve specific movements.Try hitting some one with shells for futher proof.I believe MK uses the shooter style of hiding lag.

Ive had Blue connections with some myself and I mus say,its sweet. :bee:

We live in hope
I live to play reguardless how long it takes a move comes out.And if I cant move at all,that is when I start to complain. :)

Atsu

Smash Ace
Yeah,but then too,theres lag in MK as well.Its easier to hide in games that dont involve specific movements.Try hitting some one with shells for futher proof.I believe MK uses the shooter style of hiding lag.

Ive had Blue connections with some myself and I mus say,its sweet. :bee:
Oh I know. Just saying that they put a lot more effort into it from the looks of it (with the point system and all that). Probably should have said that instead of comparing lag :p.

But I have a couple people with a Blue connection also. It's amazing :o.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Oh I know. Just saying that they put a lot more effort into it from the looks of it (with the point system and all that). Probably should have said that instead of comparing lag :p.

But I have a couple people with a Blue connection also. It's amazing :o.
Yeah,you gotta look at it this way too.That game from day 1 was made strickly with online in mind,which is why they made the offline proportion of the game a bit longer to unlock everything than usual in case you dont have a Wifi connection.Also too,which brings me back to what I said to Tak about them improving on sequals.Mario Kart DS was the 1st online(offically) game in the series and its been out for sometime before MK Wii to read feedback on players personal experiences.Biggest complant was "snaking" which got nerfed in MK Wii but still exist in some forms.coughcoughbikeruramacough :laugh:

Another game that did this was called MGS3:Subsistence in transtion to MGS4 online.If you listened to the most of that games complaints,its was the aiming issues which was what I called "Halo-rized":laugh: in MSG4.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Shooters and racing games are much easier to run online.

Can't name a single fighting game with bearable lag.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
The lag in this game is about as good as it's going to get for a fighting game. Don't compare it to MKWii; they're just different games.

That being said, if you find someone on the same ISP as you and somewhat nearby, you should be able to play with little noticeable lag.

For the most part, I think that Nintendo did well. However, I think that the matchmaking service for With Anyone could have been improved significantly.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
With Nintendo in control of that decision? Whether or not the online is made better?

Not a chance in hell. Nintendo's done ONE good thing, and that's the Wiispeak with the next Animal Crossing. Beyond that, they haven't done jack right. Don't get your hopes up, because all Nintendo cares about is fooling idiots into believing the Wii is actual worth something. IOW, the older people and the children who think something like Cooking Mama or Wii Sports resort is something amazing.

Sorry, but a good game, something like a newer, better version of Melee (which is not Brawl) or perhaps something amazing like a real good, online shooter will never come. Don't expect anything from Nintendo. They can't deliver. They won't deliver.

PS: I hate Nintendo with a passion. They brought me a broken Smash and AC, that's it (Smash will always be good, but face it, it was a hurried scrap).

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
I think that the matchmaking service for With Anyone could have been improved significantly.
You mean that there should have been a matchmaking service.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
With Nintendo in control of that decision? Whether or not the online is made better?

Not a chance in hell. Nintendo's done ONE good thing, and that's the Wiispeak with the next Animal Crossing. Beyond that, they haven't done jack right. Don't get your hopes up, because all Nintendo cares about is fooling idiots into believing the Wii is actual worth something. IOW, the older people and the children who think something like Cooking Mama or Wii Sports resort is something amazing.

Sorry, but a good game, something like a newer, better version of Melee (which is not Brawl) or perhaps something amazing like a real good, online shooter will never come. Don't expect anything from Nintendo. They can't deliver. They won't deliver.

PS: I hate Nintendo with a passion. They brought me a broken Smash and AC, that's it (Smash will always be good, but face it, it was a hurried scrap).
Thank you. Asaph, for putting all my frustration with Nintendo in one epic post. :bigthumbu

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Thank you. Asaph, for putting all my frustration with Nintendo in one epic post. :bigthumbu
You're very welcome. For a moment, I thought it was going to be a hardcore Nintendo fanboy ranting about how I was wrong with horrible points, but it wasn't. Thank god.

Nintendo hates hardcore gamers. They don't need to say it. I see it in their eyes. :grrr:

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
You're very welcome. For a moment, I thought it was going to be a hardcore Nintendo fanboy ranting about how I was wrong with horrible points, but it wasn't. Thank god.

Nintendo hates hardcore gamers. They don't need to say it. I see it in their eyes. :grrr:

I dunno about the hate part,but Nintendo has been ignoring the hardcore because there isnt enough of "hardcore"players in the market.Sony for sure is finding that out the hard way :laugh: Even for those of you that are p'ed off at Nintendo now,in due respect,its all in vain really.Hate to show the harsh reality but what I pointed out there is NOT a matter of opinion here.5-20 may disheart Nintendo in here from now until the next system,but the % here dont mean jack #@%$.What sells,sells especially if its granting them more mula(cash).Nintendo would be Wiitarded to do otherwise. :)

Akashi

Smash Lord
Lol, no but I can play a harmonica! Back when I played Halo2 online, whenever someone would start using Johns I'd say something like, "let me play you a song on the world's smallest violin" and would start playing my harmonica horribly. D:y

Igneous42

Smash Ace

I play both my 360 and PS3 online and have zero lag most of the time. Even if you both have a good connection it might lag. Nintendo just didn't put enough time and effort into Brawl online. Which should have been one of their main features.

Smash Cadet
I've only played Halo at my buddy's house...
I phail.

Moving on...
I don't think they'll improve on it.
The online.
Sorry, I don't have much to add...
I am a n00b after all. :D

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice

Well, I must say that I think hating is not really the best thing you know.
I mean, to me, that a strong word.
But you've got good points.
Let me add something.
Did you know that Nintendo said that this E3 was supposed to be extra for the hardcore scene after IGN complained about the "casual" problem?
So I was looking forward to it and what did we get?
The only thing toward the hardcore crowd was just a few sentences with a pic of Samus.(They where talking about the PAST....)
The only games which have reached my gamer heart on wii were: MP3, TP and Galaxy.
Brawl... well it IS a good game... but it lacks something that melee had.
Melee was the game that made me get my GC.
It kinda had something magical. Brawl has nothing of that feeling.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I dunno about the hate part,but Nintendo has been ignoring the hardcore because there isnt enough of "hardcore"players in the market.Sony for sure is finding that out the hard way :laugh: Even for those of you that are p'ed off at Nintendo now,in due respect,its all in vain really.Hate to show the harsh reality but what I pointed out there is NOT a matter of opinion here.5-20 may disheart Nintendo in here from now until the next system,but the % here dont mean jack #@%$.What sells,sells especially if its granting them more mula(cash).Nintendo would be Wiitarded to do otherwise. :)
Oh, I know. The only thing I really want though is a solid remark, "Yeah, we're screwing over veterans." I just want everyone to know how Nintendo's working these days.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Well, I must say that I think hating is not really the best thing you know.
I mean, to me, that a strong word.
But you've got good points.
Let me add something.
Did you know that Nintendo said that this E3 was supposed to be extra for the hardcore scene after IGN complained about the "casual" problem?
So I was looking forward to it and what did we get?
The only thing toward the hardcore crowd was just a few sentences with a pic of Samus.(They where talking about the PAST....)
The only games which have reached my gamer heart on wii were: MP3, TP and Galaxy.
Brawl... well it IS a good game... but it lacks something that melee had.
Melee was the game that made me get my GC.
It kinda had something magical. Brawl has nothing of that feeling.
Yeah, but what really aggravates me is the complete ignorance Nintendo has for us. Can't they just say, "We're ****ing the hardcore audience. We're that type of company."

Twilight Princess absolutely sucked. It had no replay value, it was easy, and I beat it in a single day.

Galaxy? Never played it, but I never liked Mario games to begin with. I don't hate them, they're okay.

Brawl. The game's broken. The online's so bad I refuse to actually play it as much as I would refuse to kill an animal. There's just no way. And on top of that, the tier list is broken as well. Nintendo's biggest characters are low on the tier list (Zelda chars) but Sakurai's chars are high on the tier list. It's like Nintendo's not focusing at all on making games anymore (...that's a hit: it's about money).

Nintendo, what the hell are you doing?

PS: Sorry for the double post, I meant to copy and paste this into the last post. ^^;

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yeah, but what really aggravates me is the complete ignorance Nintendo has for us. Can't they just say, "We're ****ing the hardcore audience. We're that type of company."

Twilight Princess absolutely sucked. It had no replay value, it was easy, and I beat it in a single day.

Galaxy? Never played it, but I never liked Mario games to begin with. I don't hate them, they're okay.

Brawl. The game's broken. The online's so bad I refuse to actually play it as much as I would refuse to kill an animal. There's just no way. And on top of that, the tier list is broken as well. Nintendo's biggest characters are low on the tier list (Zelda chars) but Sakurai's chars are high on the tier list. It's like Nintendo's not focusing at all on making games anymore (...that's a hit: it's about money).

Nintendo, what the hell are you doing?

PS: Sorry for the double post, I meant to copy and paste this into the last post. ^^;
1.Your the one who bought the game so accept the consequences of it not being for hardcore gamers.

2.Twilight Princess does not suck in any way. And it has replay value if your the type of person who wants to get everything done in the game 100%

3.Galaxy is fun.

4. Just stop complaining and get over it, or go back to Melee.

5. Nintendos doing whatever the hell they want. You don't like it, become a Sony or Microsoft fanboy.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
1.Your the one who bought the game so accept the consequences of it not being for hardcore gamers.

2.Twilight Princess does not suck in any way. And it has replay value if your the type of person who wants to get everything done in the game 100%

3.Galaxy is fun.

4. Just stop complaining and get over it, or go back to Melee.

5. Nintendos doing whatever the hell they want. You don't like it, become a Sony or Microsoft fanboy.
1. Well, they should have labeled the game before I bought it. Warning: this game sucks. ;)

2-3. You're a Nintendo nerd. That's all I have to say to that crap. If you don't have enough common sense to realize Twilight Princess was the crappiest Zelda game ever created, you're officially a Nintendo nerd and/or had a hard time with the game's simple puzzles and battles.

4. There was a thread, and I shared my opinion. Thus, it is not complaining. Complaining is starting a conflict, where I did not start a conflict.

5. So you admit it, they're screwing hardcore gamers and can't deliver good games?

Get off Nintendo. And btw, every word of your post was that of an angry, spiteful Nintendo nerd. Congratulations.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
1. Well, they should have labeled the game before I bought it. Warning: this game sucks. ;)

2-3. You're a Nintendo nerd. That's all I have to say to that crap. If you don't have enough common sense to realize Twilight Princess was the crappiest Zelda game ever created, you're officially a Nintendo nerd and/or had a hard time with the game's simple puzzles and battles.

4. There was a thread, and I shared my opinion. Thus, it is not complaining. Complaining is starting a conflict, where I did not start a conflict.

5. So you admit it, they're screwing hardcore gamers and can't deliver good games?

Get off Nintendo. And btw, every word of your post was that of an angry, spiteful Nintendo nerd. Congratulations.
The only Nintendo games I have are the smash series and double dash. And a few for-fun games.
I am in no means a Nintendo fan. =P
And thats why you research a game before you buy it.
I'm saying TP doesn't suck, because it DOESN'T. I didn't say it was the best/worst in the series.
Saying ANYTHING sucks starts a conflict my good friend.
Nintendo is a kids gaming thing. "good" for some "bad" for others.
Maybe in your opinion the games are bad.
Some people think they're good.
I could care less about Nintendo in anything else them smash bros. :chuckle:
(BTW, with a post like your first one you should have known at least one person would say something, so you just probably want attention)

...Pretty much the defense of almost all Brawl fanboys.
I prefer Melee 1000 times over Brawl.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I researched TP before buying it. All the articles I read said that it was the best Zelda and one of the best games ever made. Instead, I got a dumbed down Zelda game with no REAL sidequests and a difficulty level set for a 7-year-old.

I prefer Melee 1000 times over Brawl.
Then I apologize.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
The only Nintendo games I have are the smash series and double dash. And a few for-fun games.
I am in no means a Nintendo fan. =P
I'm saying TP doesn't suck, because it DOESN'T. I didn't say it was the best/worst in the series.
Saying ANYTHING sucks starts a conflict my good friend.
Nintendo is a kids gaming thing. "good" for some "bad" for others.
Maybe in your opinion the games are bad.
Some people think they're good.
I could care less about Nintendo in anything else them smash bros. :chuckle:
(BTW, with a post like your first one you should have known at least one person would say something, so you just probably want attention)
lol That was a funny post, no sarcasm there. More of an inside joke, but yeah, anyway... Your post equaled = Now there's just no need for that. lol Great.

Let me add onto my definition of a complaint: an objective to get something done.

I'd like Nintendo to change, but by posting, I was not trying to make them change, I'm just addressing my opinion. =P

I would argue back to what you've said, but I can't find anything to argue about. Your post is by far the strangest post I've come over when it comes to some form of argument, because it's like there isn't an argument anymore, so, in other words, have a jolly good summer, you're awesomeness is over 9,000.

:psycho: *puts this on strangest post battle hall of fame*

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol That was a funny post, no sarcasm there. More of an inside joke, but yeah, anyway... Your post equaled = Now there's just no need for that. lol Great.

Let me add onto my definition of a complaint: an objective to get something done.

I'd like Nintendo to change, but by posting, I was not trying to make them change, I'm just addressing my opinion. =P

I would argue back to what you've said, but I can't find anything to argue about. Your post is by far the strangest post I've come over when it comes to some form of argument, because it's like there isn't an argument anymore, so, in other words, have a jolly good summer, you're awesomeness is over 9,000.

:psycho: *puts this on strangest post battle hall of fame*
Thanks especially because theres not one ****ing reason my post is strange. XD
And going completely off topic must be fine for you.
I'm not trying to argue because I don't want to argue.
I just want you to know your being dumb.
Not saying YOUR dumb.
Just that your currently BEING dumb.
But no offense.
I don't want to hurt any little kids feelings.
Sorry buddy.

On topic:
Wait for SSB4
Do that

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Thanks especially because theres not one ****ing reason my post is strange. XD
And going completely off topic must be fine for you.
I'm not trying to argue because I don't want to argue.
I just want you to know your being dumb.
Not saying YOUR dumb.
Just that your currently BEING dumb.
But no offense.
I don't want to hurt any little kids feelings.
Sorry buddy.
Now there's just no need for that, buddy.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Wow you guys are funXD. MKW was 1 of the greatest games and online playing was fun with almost no lag. SSBB is the opposite, you caqnt play with lags it screws my combo's. If i press a button, Fox is doing it later then normally which is dumb. Shorthop is alot more difficult in mini lags, in other words. Online playing is only fun and cool with no lag.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I doubt online play with Brawl will ever get better. Nintendo has already made a lot of money with Brawl so I don't think they would ever improve Brawl's online. They might improve the online play for future games.

Top Bottom