• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So is Eevee out? / Eevee transformation.

FoxfireKit

Smash Rookie
I've searched this forum and Eevee is only mentioned in four threads! Eevee is on the top of my brawl characters wanted list, in fact, it's my only one as of now! When I first heard of the new smash bros (and even a bit before that in fact) i really wanted Eevee to be in the next game. First off, and this may be a bad reason but.. Eevee is my favourite pokemon. And I thought it'd be interesting to have Eevee in Smash Bros- it wouldn't be a clone, and it could be the first quadruped character.

But I noticed something about what people are saying about Eevee, and to be frank...
Eevees do NOT "transform".

Any respectable pokemon fan should at LEAST know that Eevee evolves. and to top that off, Eevee evolves in an unusual way, with stones. If Eevee does get in (which seems unlikely now), Eevee really shouldn't be expected to transform. I forgot the rules of pokemon evolving, but i'm pretty sure it's difficult, if not impossible, to get a pokemon to DEevolve.

Besides, think of how many moves would be subtracted from Eevee to make room for the transform combos. A character really shouldn't have TOO many transform possiblities, or else it gets confusing, in my opinion.

Hm, if you insisted on a way to make Eevee evolve though, it would have to be a one-way transform(at least untill it dies), and shouldn't be triggered in the normal transform way.

I just now(like, literally NOW) got an idea, though. With those new 'super' moves, maybe you could do this. I dont think I can explain it so, heres an example of what could happen.. ._.;

First, grab that symbol thing that activates super attack then RIGHT before the attck starts/after you get the symbol....
press Up -> water attack -- transformed into Vaporeon
press Left -> fire attack -- Flareon
Down -> electric -- Jolteon
Right -> dark -- Umbreon
A-button (or other..) -> psychic -- Espeon

Maybe..? I still think Eevee would be a cool addition either way.

Edit: I just realized I should change my title according to my new idea, whups 8D;

FoxfireKit

Smash Rookie
McFox said:
If Eevee is your only wanted character for Brawl, you're in for a pretty big disappointment.

I'd only be disappointed if I truely expected Eevee to be in it, which I don't. And I don't think about what characters should be in Brawl because I don't really care, as long as Pikachu stays. I just thought Eevee would be a good character is all.

And another thing, those who expect less, will be less dissapointed. Wouldnt you say it's more dissapointing to hope for 15 characters, and none or just one turn out to be in it, rather than most as you hoped? I'm not going overboard with expectations.

FoxfireKit

Smash Rookie
Mic_128 said:
Eevee's recovery move would be....?
Not sure, but then, i wouldnt exactly imagine that pikachu would go zipping through the air in the anime, or that bowser could normally pull off going up dispite his wieght by going in his shell and spinning. Maybe Eevee would do somthing a little similar to mario, going up without any big show.

I just wonder, are people even reading past the first paragraph? "oh, Eevee is such a stupid idea, i dont care about the rest." I tried to put up a good thought about transforming and no one seems to care >>;

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Nice idea.
Eevee could be a boss, and transform would be like crazy and master hand's attack:

d-pad up + a = Vaporeon
d-pad right + a = flareon

Akseladden

Smash Rookie
I am a Pokémon fan (to some degree) and know about evolving.
A pokémon can never de-evolve and each and every type has different ways. Eevee does transform using different elemental rocks, wich is why these rocks could be DIFFERENT items, or maybe you could evolve/change whenever you want - but it would cost one life each time?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Umbreon probably would come out of a PK ball and do something spectacular like.......Moonlight & replenish the HP of the user.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
i don't like the eevee idea...just a pokemon...a normal type at that and it is pretty dumb to make the game heve too many pokemon again...OPINIONATED

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Eevee, while it might be a good choice in another fighter, just wouldn't fit in Melee. I love how you totally dissed the term "transform" in your first part, but just abused it in the second. Hypocrites are amusing. Plus, there are more than enough Pokemon in the game as it is. I mean, just look at Melee, there are 4, and I don't think that the games are as good or famous as the LoZ or Mario series.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
thank you zephyr point proven and pichi needs to be richu already rychu whatever i forgot how to spell it!!! pikachu's the one he changes into

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Eevee should come out of a Pokeball, evolve into one of it's seven evolutions, and attack accordingly.

I just know someone is going to get confused about this, so i'm going to say. In DP, It also evolves into Glaceon and Leafeon.

a_oznerol

Smash Rookie
Eevee, while it might be a good choice in another fighter, just wouldn't fit in Melee. I love how you totally dissed the term "transform" in your first part, but just abused it in the second. Hypocrites are amusing. Plus, there are more than enough Pokemon in the game as it is. I mean, just look at Melee, there are 4, and I don't think that the games are as good or famous as the LoZ or Mario series.
If you were to search for more characters from LoZ or Mario then there wouldn't be that many. LoZ the only character would be Ganon, who would probably be a clone of Bowser somehow. From Mario franchise there are already enough characters. Pokemon has TOO MANY to put them in. What might work (although Nintendo most likely won't do this) is make certain characters have special abilities where the Pokemon which comes from the Pokeball will be controlled by the character. This would add for a new style of gameplay, although I am not by any means saying to make it like in Pokemon games where it is a battle. Your actual character would still be vunerable and you would have to protect it as the Pokemon. Certain Pokemon would be rare, like last time, and Eevee could be one of them because it could get the Smash symbol. Then it could use it to evolve into one of its other forms. Of course, all Pokemon would last for about 15 seconds to avoid it becoming unfair if a character should get a legendary Pokemon. Let me end with the statements that this is merely an idea that came from the top of my head and also I am not obsessed with the Pokemon franchise, I just think this would be a nice improvement for the version on the Wii.

NeoFalconHavok

Smash Cadet
There aren't many four legged characters besides pikachu. Eevee>>>that thunder punk anyday. Then again Elekid should get in.

Micahc

Smash Ace
If you were to search for more characters from LoZ or Mario then there wouldn't be that many. LoZ the only character would be Ganon, who would probably be a clone of Bowser somehow.Ganon was originally going to have a seperate moveset, you can get his sword fram an AR. And besides, he's already a Captain Falcon clone, why would they re-clone him? From Mario franchise there are already enough characters. Pokemon has TOO MANY to put them in. Who says that they're all getting in? What might work (although Nintendo most likely won't do this) is make certain characters have special abilities where the Pokemon which comes from the Pokeball will be controlled by the character. This would add for a new style of gameplay, although I am not by any means saying to make it like in Pokemon games where it is a battle. Your actual character would still be vunerable and you would have to protect it as the Pokemon. Certain Pokemon would be rare, like last time, and Eevee could be one of them because it could get the Smash symbol. Then it could use it to evolve into one of its other forms. Of course, all Pokemon would last for about 15 seconds to avoid it becoming unfair if a character should get a legendary Pokemon. Let me end with the statements that this is merely an idea that came from the top of my head and also I am not obsessed with the Pokemon franchise, I just think this would be a nice improvement for the version on the Wii.Eh, I'm not for this idea, people will just run away from your Pokemon, throw you off the dge, and what are you to do?
The Charcter Limit

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Eevee has as almost of a chance of not making it into Brawl as Tom Nook making it, or Pichu returning.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
Eevee is just another pokemon that should be in the game. We have enough as it is, I don't even think mewtwo should be in it and defiantly not pichu. If they took out at least one of those I might be okay with another pokemon being added, but their are much better choices then an eevee.

rayecho

Smash Ace
no, no, and more no.

what kind of character would Eevee be?
what move set would Eevee have?

this character doesn't seem to appealing for brawl.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Not sure, but then, i wouldnt exactly imagine that pikachu would go zipping through the air in the anime, or that bowser could normally pull off going up dispite his wieght by going in his shell and spinning. Maybe Eevee would do somthing a little similar to mario, going up without any big show.

I just wonder, are people even reading past the first paragraph? "oh, Eevee is such a stupid idea, i dont care about the rest." I tried to put up a good thought about transforming and no one seems to care >>;
um yeah, that pikachu zipping through the air at lightning speed is supposed to be the move "agility".. doubt anyone cares but just likes to be technical :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eevee is actually a half-decent Pokemon suggestion.
Too bad relative popularity of all the Eeveelutions is pretty much all it has going for it, besides potential... potential.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I like how this topic got bumped so many times with less then 30 posts (not counting this one).

I don't support Eevee getting in, at least not playable. As for the four-legged argument brought up, what's wrong with that? Just because we didn't see a true four-legged character show up yet doesn't mean it isn't possible. It would be like people arguing two characters in one (Zelda/Sheik) and double characters (Ice Climbers) wouldn't be possible before Melee came out just because such a concept wasn't there in the first game. Before Pikachu gets brought up, he wasn't purely a four-legged character, alternating between two and four legs. Despite that argument, I still don't support Eevee getting in as playable.

As for a playable Eevee, I don't really see the point in making Eevee quickly changing in and out of different forms to do one attack. Also the idea of Eevee changing forms Zelda/Sheik style seems a bit too much with the different forms it has and even if all seven wasn't used, deciding which ones get in and not might lead to more problems then it's worth. Eevee coming out of a Pokéball and having eight attacks based on each form (including it's original form) seems reasonable.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Eevee is actually a half-decent Pokemon suggestion.
Too bad relative popularity of all the Eeveelutions is pretty much all it has going for it, besides potential... potential.
QFT

Though highly unlikely, it's not a bad suggestion in the least. If Pichu is on the way out and they were to choose another 'cute' replacement, Eevee wouldn't be all that bad. You could even bend the rules a little bit and give it a moveset that represents its evolutionary possibilities and potential (water, fire, electric, psychic, dark, ice and leaf moves across the board. Or at least just the first 3 or 5.) I'd vote for a Final Smash that summons up all seven evolutionary brothers.

For instance:
Neutral B- Tri Attack (normal element attack that represents Fire, Water, and Electricity.) Either outright, short-ranged projectile, or slightly directed ala Zelda's Smash B.

Up B- Magical Leaf (Attack using Magical Leaf,) Eevee launches itself into a somersault in the air, Magic Leaf in it's teeth as it spins upward. Third jump, less hyper-active version of Samus's's's screw attack.

Smash B- Flame Wheel (Fire...tackle thing.) Either a short dash ala Fox's Smash B, or a rolling attack like Rollout/Yoshi's Egg, only the fire dies down gradually as you roll.

Down B- Some...water attack. Not too sure about this one. Whirlpool: stuns surrounding enemies? Water Sport: (as an offensive move for some reason,) Random bits of water fly off Eevee and slightly damage nearby enemies? Rain Dance: Clone of Pikachu's Down B; Eevee dances and a short sheet of rain pelts vertical enemies? Water Pulse: Close Range pulse that confuses enemies and/or deflect projectiles, like Mario's cape, or...Mewtwo's one thing?

I'd hardly see his quadrapedal status being an issue; he's so small (as was Pichu,) that it would hardly make a difference. Issues of locomotion and such matter less when you get down to that size, as his presence wouldn't exactly need to create much confusion over horizontal or vertical orientation.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
eevee would be a good pokemon, an even better assist trophy.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Mic_128
Eevee's recovery move would be....?
What would Snake's recovery be?

virtualgamecafe
and it is pretty dumb to make the game heve too many pokemon again
Then I guess they shouldn't add any new Zelda or Mario characters either.

Zephyr
Eevee, while it might be a good choice in another fighter, just wouldn't fit in Melee.
What fighter would it fit in? Mortal Kombat? Street Fighter? Tekken? DOA? Soul Calibur?

Bobby Emerald
mmmm......Eevee's four-legged, it'll never happen.
So are Ice Climbers.

Bobby Emerald
Blaziken and Lucario FTW!
What's so great about Blaziken?

Falco_Phoenix
In DP, It also evolves into Glaceon and Leafeon.
In the Wood/Glass versions, it evolves into Wingeon and Dingeon.

a_oznerol
If you were to search for more characters from LoZ or Mario then there wouldn't be that many.
Yes there would.

a_oznerol
What might work (although Nintendo most likely won't do this) is make certain characters have special abilities where the Pokemon which comes from the Pokeball will be controlled by the character. This would add for a new style of gameplay, although I am not by any means saying to make it like in Pokemon games where it is a battle. Your actual character would still be vunerable and you would have to protect it as the Pokemon. Certain Pokemon would be rare, like last time, and Eevee could be one of them because it could get the Smash symbol. Then it could use it to evolve into one of its other forms. Of course, all Pokemon would last for about 15 seconds to avoid it becoming unfair if a character should get a legendary Pokemon. Let me end with the statements that this is merely an idea that came from the top of my head and also I am not obsessed with the Pokemon franchise, I just think this would be a nice improvement for the version on the Wii.
Please go swallow a knife.

im2ugly4myface
Eevee is just another pokemon that should be in the game. We have enough as it is, I don't even think mewtwo should be in it and defiantly not pichu. If they took out at least one of those I might be okay with another pokemon being added, but their are much better choices then an eevee.
Then I think they should take out Luigi, since they're adding Wario.

rayecho
what kind of character would Eevee be?
A divorced ex-cop with a British accent and a drinking problem.

rayecho
what move set would Eevee have?
Rocket launchers and hand grenades.

pwnzorz
eevee would be a good pokemon, an even better assist trophy.
Why would he be an AT instead of a Pokeball ...guy?

DokturSea

Smash Lord
So freeman, you're past the point of taking a side and are now just out to contradict what EVERYONE says, regardless of their position on a certain issue? I guess that....works...

Anyway, Eevee is a no for me. Although it would make a cool Pokeball. A clefairy/togepi-like thing that randomly evolves into one of its evos.

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
Eevee? No chance. No way. I agree with DokturSea, though. The pokeball part. And even if he was a PC, you forgot to add his grass and ice evolution, Foxfirekit. Anyway, the only pokemon with a big chance of making it are Lucario and Deoxys.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Making Eevee an Assist Trophy? What would be the point of that when Pokéballs do the job just fine? I basically view Assist Trophies as Pokéballs that expand beyond the Pokémon series.

I have a feeling that they will focus more on 3rd and 4th generation Pokémon to come out of the Pokéballs then the first two generations, which would really hurt Eevee's chances of even showing up at all.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So are Ice Climbers.
I have to say that was brilliant.
Making Eevee an Assist Trophy? What would be the point of that when Pokéballs do the job just fine? I basically view Assist Trophies as Pokéballs that expand beyond the Pokémon series.
Ssssshhhh. I'm still trying to turn that into a running gag. :p
"MY FAVOURITE POKEMON WILL BE AT err waitaminute"

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I actually really wanted Eevee as well.

My idea for the character worked differently.
I figured that the first elemental attack that hit Eevee in the game would transform it appropriately. Say Eevee gets squirted by Squirtle -BAM- Eevee is now Vaporeon until it dies. Or Eevee gets zapped by Mewtwo/Ness= Umbreon. etc.

I personally don't like the whole Down + B = transform move, so I thought this was a cooler way to go about doing it. There's something thrilling about having to be so good with a character that you can play it well without completely controlling what it does.

I know it won't happen anyway, but at least they put some form of the original three Pokemon in there now for 'retired' pokemaniacs.

Top Bottom