• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ike is the first __________ character in Smash Bros series. (PoR & RD spoilers)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Why does everyone keep trying to prove whether or not Ike and Soren are gay, its obsurd, stupid, pointless, r-tard and has nothing at all to do with fukking Smash ffs. Some mod lock this please, we're here to talk about smash, so start talking about smash.
These are the Ike boards and Ike is in SSBB. Kthanksbye.

also, I read the support conversation and I don't find anything gay about it at all.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
...You guys are no fun. Geez.

It's like a court case here. But not one in Phoenix Wright.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tiena/fe10/4F5_1.html

I think that's a link to Serenes Forest, the mythical IkeSoren chat thing on your second play with A support on both game and something else. I don't know if I should link it or paste it here, but just in case someone put it up earlier, I'll just put the URL there. Of course, my resources(read: fan translators on LJ) tell me stuff was added/taken out, but still...I think this should have been put into a cutscene.

Talking like this right before the final boss LOL.

People will reject it to the end as platonic, but what are you gonna do. :)

No denying it's cute, at least.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
These are the Ike boards and Ike is in SSBB. Kthanksbye.

also, I read the support conversation and I don't find anything gay about it at all.
This thread has absolutely jack to do with Smash, Ike is is Brawl yes, but these boards are talking about Brawl, not what happened in Fire Emblem, kthxbai.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
...You guys are no fun. Geez.

It's like a court case here. But not one in Phoenix Wright.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tiena/fe10/4F5_1.html

I think that's a link to Serenes Forest, the mythical IkeSoren chat thing on your second play with A support on both game and something else. I don't know if I should link it or paste it here, but just in case someone put it up earlier, I'll just put the URL there. Of course, my resources(read: fan translators on LJ) tell me stuff was added/taken out, but still...I think this should have been put into a cutscene.

Talking like this right before the final boss LOL.

People will reject it to the end as platonic, but what are you gonna do. :)

No denying it's cute, at least.
heheh, I can't deny that convo was funny at the end, my first thought was basically Ike treating Soren like a toddler son who just stubbed his toe. :chuckle: (plz don't kill me, just my view)

Well anyway, it could be easily interpreted as them being gay, which I have no problem with. I personally didn't think it implied romantic feelings, but it was quite heartwarming to see that the Japanese have no problem with guys being emotional around each other in fiction, it makes it more interesting and different.

Unfortunately, it pretty much comes to naught because it's only a result of a support relationship. support relationships are OPTIONAL aspects of the game to boost a characters stats. So when you bring that into equation, even Micaiah and Sothe getting married isn't canon. :(

But the fact that Ike doesn't get any romantic endings with girls is not much of a surprise, the only supposedly 'eligible' person would be Elincia for most people, but they can't be together for various plot reasons, and they just don't seem compatible to me in my opinion. And the only other girls that are really close to him are Mist and Titania, his little sister and second-in-command who was in love with his dad...

just my .2, once again, don't kill me plz :(

Cless

Smash Champion
Rahhh, 2 cents is .02!!!!!

Anyway, on a serious note, the game kinda wants you to have Sothe and Micaiah get married though. They start off with an A rating.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
Rahhh, 2 cents is .02!!!!!

Anyway, on a serious note, the game kinda wants you to have Sothe and Micaiah get married though. They start off with an A rating.
oops, my bad :D

That's very true, The story always said they had a sibling like relationship, which i didn't buy at all, I thought it was much deeper. They start off at A rating which pretty much solidifies a possible relationship (also with the mega heavily hinting convo's in battle) , however, it still technically isn't part of the main plot, which is why reallistically speaking isn't canon, though it does make the most sense to be part of the story.

I found it strange that Sothe and micaiah were the only ones who started out with extremely high support. Ike never had that with anyone, though he did have multiple bonds, with which none of them were with Soren, I think he had bonds with mist and titania. I'll have to check up on the game to make sure.

LordIke100

Smash Rookie
Ike is not gay.
Yes Ike is not gay.

He feeled something for Elincia, but now Elincia is with......

Even if Ike didnt like Elincia, Ike, belive me guys, I have played POR and RD, and Ike is DEFINETLY not gay.

I mean, umm, ok, lets take for example, Makalov. Makalov, wow! Looks like a gay man! But you know what, he marries a female!

And for Ike's support. Makalov is not gay, so he fight with his swords and sometimes kick ***, he doesnt dance first do a gay pose and the runs. No.
And Ike, is rude and kicks *** in the whole game. He is almost always serious, and really, doesnt show any gay perspectives.

Questions:

1. But Ike have a somelike homo comvesation with Soren!

Answer= Well, imagine if you have a father who brings a boy to your house which was almost dying and you were a child. Your father raises him and you treat him like a brother.
Soren is almost like Ike's brother.

2. But, Ike didnt marry Elincia!

Answer=And Zihark didnt marry Ilyana, Ohh no, Zihark is gay too! And Oscar, and Kieran, and Rhys! They are almost alll gays! You see my point? Ike surely have a close bond with Elincia, and of you have seen in POR the final animated cut scene just look at Ike and her.
Lovely.

3. But, ummm, Ike, is a weak characters so, ummm, he is gay!

Answer= :ohwell: Ike PWNs in the game, I can bet I can solo the final map with Ike.

4. I think now Ike is not gay, but, I wont give up, ummm, Ike, has a close bond qith Soren!

Answer= Ok. Lets suppose you have an adopted younger brother, and he is depressed because no one likes him in school. He start to cry, you do exactly what Ike did, try to support him in this sutation. Ohh my god you are gay! See the point. Also Ike has a close bond with Mist, o Ike and Mist like each other!:ohwell:

See guys, you can tell me any question you like about this case, and for all of you that havent play POR or RD, I will only say,

Ike is not gay.

Thanks.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Ike is not gay. Even do, the japanese producers, wothout insulting anyone, make each Nintendo character look gay sometime. Yes, ineed.

Thanks for reading this!:)

True Fool

Smash Ace
This thread seems to be making more gay-hate than Ike discussion. All this crap about, "OnLY a mANNN can USE that sWOrD!". So I guess that means that most of those terrifying men in prison aren't real men after all.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't care which way his sword swings...
I lol'd. A lot.

And for Ike's support. Makalov is not gay, so he fight with his swords and sometimes kick ***, he doesnt dance first do a gay pose and the runs. No.
And Ike, is rude and kicks *** in the whole game. He is almost always serious, and really, doesnt show any gay perspectives.
Though you do make valid points in your argument, this paragraph made me laugh. The thought of a gay man HAVING to do a dance and pose before kicking *** is hilarious. Though I am slightly disturbed that you don't seem to clearly separate the definitions of flamboyant/feminine and homosexual. :ohwell:

Nodonn

Smash Cadet
How about we don't go ''straight until proven otherwise'', but ''asexual until proven otherwise''.
Makes alot more sense.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
This is how you get **** like hate crimes... it's better if you don't bring it up, I don't have a problem with it, I might still use hime (unless he REALLY is as bad as gimpyfish says) yeah... overall just accept and respect it...

Marth for brawl, Ike does not replace him

Marth support Thread!http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123714&highlight=Marth+Fans!
this thread isn't that bad... I only really noticed one person in the thread who was blatantly homophobic.

LordIke100

Smash Rookie
You take this way too seriously.
No Nintendo character, or at least on the ones in SSBB, are not gay.

Now, if for example, Mario kissed Toad, then that will be gay.
Did Ike kissed Soren, no.
Did Link kissed Ganandorf, no.

See.

:laugh: This thread should be removed from here.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, it's not proof that Ike is gay, but it does put doubt about him being straight. FE has the tendecy to "suggest" relationships anyway. Erika and Ephraim were suggested to have an incestous relationship. Raven and Lucius were leaning towards homosexual, and Lyn was only 15 and thus a minor. That doesn't neccessarily mean Ike is gay, but what it does mean is that he doesn't have to be straight just because he is a nintendo character.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Gay people are great. They live much cleaner, and they aren't constantly using straight as an insult like how heterosexual people use gay and homo as insults. They're much more pleasant neighbors than the illegal immigrants or the wierd reclusive family across the street. Thought I should say that with all this homophobic gay-hating going on here.

I

i8waffles612

Someone please lock this..

I have no problem with homosexuals. Why would I if I am bi?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Someone please lock this..

I have no problem with homosexuals. Why would I if I am bi?
People have been asking for this to be locked for pages and pages and pages. And it's still open. If a mod thinks it's time to close it, that mod will close it, whether or not anyone asked them to. Clearly any moderator that has seen this thread thinks that there's some worthy discussion going on.

Or NONE of the moderators ever come into the Ike board. In which case, they still won't close it, so asking them to is futile.

So all you really did was bump a thread that you don't want anyone posting in anymore. Kind of counterproductive.

True Fool

Smash Ace
There's nothing wrong with discussing Ike's sexuality, but the homophobic responses are not a good thing.

But to be on topic, I love FE's open character stories/endings. Lucius can end up gay, being with his best friend's sister, or being with a cleric, even though he's a monk. Eirika and Ephraim have the possible incest. It makes it unique, without just blatantly being a game with gay guys and strange relations in it.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
Ike's sexual orientation would not spark controversy in my opinion. First off, you wouldn't even know unless you played PoD or RD. Second, there are other games that can have homosexual characters, and that doesn't put them in a controversial spotlight.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Ike's sexual orientation would not spark controversy in my opinion. First off, you wouldn't even know unless you played PoD or RD. Second, there are other games that can have homosexual characters, and that doesn't put them in a controversial spotlight.
Name three games with homosexual characters(and no birdo).

Cless

Smash Champion
Off the top of my head, I know that Eagle from Street Fighter is homosexual. I'd have go research for others. Maybe Poison from Final Fight counts? I don't know if you'd count a transsexual.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Name three games with homosexual characters(and no birdo).
FE7 had Lucius and Raven pair up.

FE10 had Heather the blatant lesbian.

Inuyasha had Rinkotsu (I think that's how you spell it) the gay man with that cool snake sword thing. He had a thing for Inuyasha and Seshomaru in anime.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Omg....

stop confusing everyone. On what basis is Ike gay? "OMG HE LIKES SOREN" Prove to me that Ike or Soren ever once expressed a sexual interest in one another.

And besides, even if Ike were gay, which he IS NOT, what does that have to do with Smash? Who cares?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Wu Tang Gang, you disgust me.

How dare you try and justify your extreme and irrational homophobic attitudes with obviously over exaggerated statistics about the percentage of society who express negative attitudes to homosexuals.

I myself am bisexual and male, and having to deal with this part of me (among other things) has lead to my clinical depression, anxiety and paranoia. Listening to excretory orifices like yourself is harmful.

Prejudice is pure evil that has been bred and grown by people who abuse their religion and religious beliefs and use it as an excuse to hate anyone they want. I, personally, am agnostic atheist, but I am not anti-religion.

I am pro-choice, pro-gay, pro-gender and racial equality and pro-freedom from intimidation and persecution.

You're just a horrible person with horrible beliefs about other people.
You're atheist, you proved it for me.

I can tell that you'r someone's alt. trying to hide your homosexuality. That's the only logical reason your account is so new. Now, tell me why you tried to hide your homosexuality? Because you'd be embarassed? Precisely my point.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Well having a homosexual in a game wouldn't make it T. And I really doubt Brawl will have any reference to him being a homosexual, as it was never a storyline fueled game.

And if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo is shooting for an E rating this time around.
It's not going to be like the first one. It SHOULD be rated E-10, but NOA Andy are ******* and ***s. It doesn't even have blood in it!

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
FE7 had Lucius and Raven pair up.

FE10 had Heather the blatant lesbian.

Inuyasha had Rinkotsu (I think that's how you spell it) the gay man with that cool snake sword thing. He had a thing for Inuyasha and Seshomaru in anime.
and let's not forget Guilty Gear

Venom was gay, and Bridget was a transexual. that game hasn't stirred up controversy

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Well having a homosexual in a game wouldn't make it T. And I really doubt Brawl will have any reference to him being a homosexual, as it was never a storyline fueled game.

And if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo is shooting for an E rating this time around.
It's not going to be like the first one. It SHOULD be rated E-10, but NOA Andy are ******* and ***s. It doesn't even have blood in it!

Cless

Smash Champion
and let's not forget Guilty Gear

Venom was gay, and Bridget was a transexual. that game hasn't stirred up controversy
Bridget is not a transsexual. He's a crossdresser (through no fault of his own). He doesn't go around saying that he's a girl. Now Poison, there's a transsexual.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You're atheist, you proved it for me.

I can tell that you'r someone's alt. trying to hide your homosexuality. That's the only logical reason your account is so new. Now, tell me why you tried to hide your homosexuality? Because you'd be embarassed? Precisely my point.
OR he could actually be have a new account and just be new to posting.:dizzy:

And you have no right to pry into his personal life by any means. Your also disregarding his post on the grounds of him being an atheist or him being bi-sexual (or both, it really doesn't matter.) Now I don't care what religion you are, what race you are, ect, but you are clearly discriminating against people that have different beliefs than you and assualting those beliefs over the internet.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
The sheer amount of ignorance and homophobia in this thread is hilarious

Keep up the lolz, guys!

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
OR he could actually be have a new account and just be new to posting.:dizzy:

And you have no right to pry into his personal life by any means. Your also disregarding his post on the grounds of him being an atheist or him being bi-sexual (or both, it really doesn't matter.) Now I don't care what religion you are, what race you are, ect, but you are clearly discriminating against people that have different beliefs than you and assualting those beliefs over the internet.
It's hard to believe. I'd say he's someone's alt.

It's been proven that gay is vile. Hell, in America, land of the free, Gay marriages are banned almost EVERYWHERE! It's a popular term for insulting someone as well, much like "fat". Hell, the government secret has a disliking to fat people because they're outlawing the things that make you fat like that!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's hard to believe. I'd say he's someone's alt.

It's been proven that gay is vile. Hell, in America, land of the free, Gay marriages are banned almost EVERYWHERE! It's a popular term for insulting someone as well, much like "fat". Hell, the government secret has a disliking to fat people because they're outlawing the things that make you fat like that!

And since lots of other people discriminate against a certain group of people, that makes it the right thing to do, yeah?

Forget about the fact that gay marriage isn't allowed in most places in America (for the record, to my knowledge, there are still a fair amount of states that allow it), forget about the slang term for gay, forget about what everyone else's opinion on gay people is and just THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Now, honestly, does it make any sense at all to look down on someone who literally just has one different preference than you?

P.S. Outlawing things that make you fat? No. America as a whole is just trying to be healthier. Being fat isn't a bad thing; being obese to the point of negatively effecting your health is.

Top Bottom