• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ike is the first __________ character in Smash Bros series. (PoR & RD spoilers)

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
The thing is, that in the FE games, there has been strictly no homosexual occurances.
Yes, the games that included Ike had some cutsecnes that may depict Ike as 'gay'(disambiguation Term) but the cut secne interpertation can be misrepresented, I'm not saying 'He is, He isn't' But the sexuality of Ike is a complete mystery, I for one really couldn't give a crap, if he is. My-self I am A-sexual(disambiguation term[Liking neither male or female gender])

There will be no controversy of the sexuality since Brawl does not include back stories of any of the characters in the seperate games. It won't matter.

Go Ike for being whatever sexuality he is.

null

Smash Apprentice
lastly if you've beat RD then you would know that in the end Ike goes off "by himself" no gay lover by the name of Soren goes with him.
Actually, if you have an A support with Soren:

(A support with Ike)
When peace had settled on the land, Soren packed lightly and set off with the only person he had ever trusted.

Normally it's:

Silent Master of Winds- Soren
Though his tactical genius was unmatched, Soren never used his talents from anyone but Ike.

So basically, he either goes off with his friend/crush/lover/whatever you see him as, or he could potentially never grow close to anyone else again. (poor guy. ;/)

Not sure if this was addressed, as I gave up about page 10.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I am perfectly understanding that all sides have valid points.

However, to the people that are saying that there was no 'sexual tension' or 'it was just a hug', well, to the former, sexual tension =/= attraction, and to the latter, you have to keep the character in mind.

Ike's 99.9% response to any tragic story or tragic event is pure stoicism, or some brotherly advice or something. He is not demonstrative. Indeed, his ONLY demonstrative points in the story are when his father dies in PoR, and the 'just a hug' in RD.

It may seem to be 'just a hug', but if you take the whole storyline into perspective, it's obviously more.

That being said, the correct answer is "No one knows."

Sure is fun to speculate though >_<

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Why does this thread exist?

It can be said Ike is gay because he gave his best friend a hug when he is crying.
It can be said Ike is gay because unlike all the other main chars, he has no pairings with a female character. (He has NONE, male or female.)

It can be said Ike is straight because he has no pairings with a male character.
It can be said Ike is straight because he gave his best friend a hug when he is crying.

Emphasize different points, you get different answers. Nobody knows, but personally, I think he's straight, but that's just me. I just didn't get a homosexual vibe from that support conversation.

I don't want to start flaming, but I've heard it put well before:
"Considering his FS isn't surprise buttsecks, nobody really knows if Ike is gay or not, and nobody cares."

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
You can't have good gay people and bad gay people. Either you think it's affront to humanity or you don't. You can't pick and choose just because gay women are aesthetically pleasing to you and gay men aren't. That is being a hypocrite.

Be honest, which would you rather look at?

Cless

Smash Champion
That's fine. That makes you a hypocrite. I guess you don't like wrestling or sumo very much then. You're also skewing the issue in your favor. I suppose if I showed you pictures of very ugly lesbians, you would find it far less appealing than the ones you keep on posting. I don't feel like dealing with your ignorance anymore since you seem to be happier that way. You can keep living in your self constructed world.

Since this thread is so off topic and unnecessary, it should be closed now.

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
who cares,
and how is it innapropriate at all,
its not like its bad or sets the wrong example
it'd only be innapropriate if he had gay sex with mario

Vash619

Smash Apprentice
Wow, is that true? I actually find that to be quite ironic. Ike is such a rugged manly kick *** character, Marth on the other hand...

I was going to say something VERY similar.

But honestly there is nothing wrong with being gay Ike is still the ****ing man.

Top Bottom