• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So if I vote Obama, I'm going to be kicked out of my grandparents house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I'm not upset, I'm just mad at myself for even trying.
Also, I edited out that point 2 minutes before you replied to it, because I saw that it wasn't true.
If Obamacare is really heavily based off of Romneycare like you said, why wouldn't you vote for the guy who came up with it in the first place????
Because Romney has more things going against him than a healthcare plan he doesn't embrace anymore.

Reasons to support Romney:
1)He knows how to run a business and balance a budget.
Running a business =/= running a country. The purpose of running a country is not to make a profit. And as far Romney's business experience goes, he loads a company he bought with debt and then uses the a ****load of fees to force said company to fire employees to pay off said fees
And as far as balancing the budget.... LOL. More tax cuts (which adds to the debt), expanding the military (another debt grower), and wanting to go to war with Iran (moar debt)

And contrary to popular belief, so does Obama. Not to mention that link is nothing but loaded words

3)His goal is to revive the middle class, and supply jobs by using his plan. (Even if his comments ARE vague, at least he HAS a plan, and no, I'm not saying Obama doesn't have a plan)
And his plan has been proven to not make any since. The math doesn't add up.

4)Will lower taxes for the Middle Class
It's already been proven that it will raise taxes on the middle class. Basically, in order to pay for the tax cuts for the super wealthy, Romney will have to cut benefits that's aimed at the middle and lower classes if he wants to even achieve a net worth of 0. So that means that everyone else will still pay the same of taxes but would get a lower amount of benefits than there are today. I.E. a tax increase.

5)He is a leader, and we need someone confident that won't apologize for our beliefs.
Okay now I KNOW for sure not to take you seriously if you truly think Obama apologizes for America. Go back to watching Fox News. :joyful:

Btw this is a quote Romney said:
We may make mistakes as a nation and we'll say we're sorry for that but apologizing for America is something I will never do"
Mittens contradicts himself about apologizing in ONE BLOODY SENTENCE. lol

Well I do love my biweekly "owning a conservative" day but.... LOL

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If this blog is going to devolve into a complete circus (we're pretty close), then I'm going to have to lock it.

Let's not lose track.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Must...resist....
Oh forget it.

Okay now I KNOW for sure not to take you seriously if you truly think Obama apologizes for America. Go back to watching Fox News. :joyful:
Ok, I'll do that while you go back to watching CNN. :glare:
And if you consider owning a Conservative owning someone with about 0 experience debating a Liberal, ok then. ._.

Lol go ahead and lock it Teran, this will just go on forever :L

Y

Yodery

John, you're my e-bro and all, but you kinda got your *** handed to you on a silver plate. It takes balls to admit you're a conservative though, lmfao.

Y

Yodery

I honestly thought I wouldn't be the only one, wow I was so wrong.
Well, both parties are full of **** IMO (moreso live-in-the-past, Stone-Age conservatives tho), the fact is, liberals are far more popular here on the Internet. It's a logic thing.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well, both parties are full of **** IMO (moreso live-in-the-past, Stone-Age conservatives tho), the fact is, liberals are far more popular here on the Internet. It's a logic thing.
I hope you're only referring to social conservatism/liberalism.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
This thread has taught (or reconfirmed) me that there are some people that will not give up on their beliefs even when bombarded with facts that contradict their own beliefs. I thought this mainly applied to older people :/.

Kinda mad that I wasted so much time reading this thread, but it was kind of a good read lol.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No, he didn't. :x
He said they can **** up a valid point because Romney words things awkwardly. So yes he did. :p

And you're too soft Teran, you give one warning, then you give another right after someone denies the first. I remember a time when you were crueler than this. ..Specifically with me. T__T

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I infracted him but I don't like to let one person ruin it for everyone. I'm not spiteful.

Also remember that the 3rd time is always the charm.

Edit: And no he was saying that it disrupts the flow of the debate and in this case, with entire INCORRECT fact checking, it did totally ruin Romney's point.

Like seriously it should be up to the opposing party to come in with the facts, the fact that you could actually not have a rebuttal for total conjecture is actually a really ****ing sad concept and honestly if a politician isn't armed for such things then why are they even in the game?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
This thread has taught (or reconfirmed) me that there are some people that will not give up on their beliefs even when bombarded with facts that contradict their own beliefs. I thought this mainly applied to older people :/.

Kinda mad that I wasted so much time reading this thread, but it was kind of a good read lol.
I too use to think that it was only old people who stuck in their ways.

Then I read a study that showed that conservatives usually think with the part of the brain called the amygdala (which process emotion and memory) and liberals has an enlarge anterior cingulate cortex (which affects decision making and empathy)

I mean, sure, thinking emotionally and with your memories isn't necessarily a bad thing (ex: Knowing not touching a burned oven a second time) But as we seen from the current GOP, too much of it is a bad thing. ;)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That's REALLY interesting, as I've learned about the ACC in my decision theory course. It's basically the ultimate decision making tool the human brain has to offer. Objectively speaking liberals are better at making decisions given that that is true.

EDIT: That's not true, or at least I can't just say that lol. Bigger size =/= better. However it'd make for a really interesting study.

Y

Yodery

-censor dodges removed-

Oh damn a Naz- I mean moderator! I'm out of this, mo****az.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The story of me this blog and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom