• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So if I vote Obama, I'm going to be kicked out of my grandparents house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Moderation in all things, I guess.

And boy did that debate feel long, particularly because most of it was rehashing the same thing over and over again. I'll be the first to admit, I'm pretty solid on who I'm voting for already, I'm not going to budge. Besides, I need to work with my brother to knock out the two inevitable Mitt votes my parents are going to cast.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It was painful watching people ask legitimate questions and watch the two of them go off on the most random of tangents. The Oil Prices question stands out, but so does the Women in the Workforce question. I will say I was rather unswayed by either of them right up until the Libya attacks were brought up and Obama put on his Presidential Pants and responded in a legitimately forceful way. I think that moment will probably stand out as the defining moment for him in the debate.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The talking too long thing is REALLY annoying.

:phone:
This isn't the first and it isn't the last. This is not a debate as much as it is a timed advertisement for each campaign. Hence why falsehoods can be used repeatedly unless they are called out. Romney said that the deficit doubled since Obama was in office, which he said in the first debate, which was false. There was something I fact checked Obama on that he had said before that was also false.

I'd be really surprised if these debates were doing anything but reinforcing people's opinions.

It was painful watching people ask legitimate questions and watch the two of them go off on the most random of tangents. The Oil Prices question stands out, but so does the Women in the Workforce question. I will say I was rather unswayed by either of them right up until the Libya attacks were brought up and Obama put on his Presidential Pants and responded in a legitimately forceful way. I think that moment will probably stand out as the defining moment for him in the debate.
The attacks that gas prices cost X before Obama came into office and now cost X is such a silly one devoid of logic and an understanding of how gas prices work. I cannot believe a presidential candidate would even entertain that.

The admonitory speech of Romney by Obama for essentially using Libya attacks for his political gain showed a very angry Obama. It was a bit interesting to see that guy come out. He was just flat out upset that his opponent would stoop that low, and then that laid Romney right into the KO of the night from the moderator for fact checking his claim that Obama never called it an act of terror. I also loved the business analogy Obama used to describe Romney's tax plan. It was such a good point.

This was the Obama that needed to be out all along. Had he been this forceful, I don't think Romney would have come off as strong.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
@Teran
I knew your name seemed familiar. Oh, how I wish there was a sequel to Mischief Makers.[/QUOTE]

So I just randomly come in to see how the user blogs boards are going, and I run into this. I never made the connection.... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The admonitory speech of Romney by Obama for essentially using Libya attacks for his political gain showed a very angry Obama. It was a bit interesting to see that guy come out. He was just flat out upset that his opponent would stoop that low, and then that laid Romney right into the KO of the night from the moderator for fact checking his claim that Obama never called it an act of terror. I also loved the business analogy Obama used to describe Romney's tax plan. It was such a good point.

This was the Obama that needed to be out all along. Had he been this forceful, I don't think Romney would have come off as strong.
My sentiments exactly. Obama just went in when Romney pulled that ****. Man that was great.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm sorry, but his posts, along with that other guy who I don't feel like looking up, were just awful.

I've just been reading this thread and I'm just like... "What?"

Coming from a lackluster view of politics, I've always said that I'd given the better man my vote. But seeing as Romney isn't concrete with ANYTHING that this mother****er as said, why should I vote for that *****? The ***** is literally a man-child with everything that he has done.

I'm not gonna ride Obama's **** like every other black person with no big interest in politics, but goddamn, why would anyone legitimately give Romney a chance at this point in the election after only coming this far.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Romney voters general don't have a real reason to vote for Romney.

ZIO helped me see that.
I think it's more of an "Ok Obama isn't working he needs to go ASAP" thing. Romney's fans are mostly middle class families with Parents ages 30+. The reason why that is, is because the economy has destroyed the middle class, and unfortunately Obama gets the blame for it because he was in term when this happened. Just like Franklin Roosevelt was left to deal with the Great Depression after Herbert Hoover. Then WWII came and rescued us. (Economy wise)

At the Debate:

Nothing really stood out for me, I felt like it was a waste of time. All they did was talk about the same vague plans they had. Whenever they DID actually start getting to a point and going at it, that stupid moderator changed the subject. Really? -.- That happened like at least 4 times. I liked the moderator for the Vice President debate, she was the best so far. I think her name was Martha? She brought up some good points and asked Biden and Ryan good questions, in attempt to corner them. Last night's debate was pretty dry, and was filled with mostly

*Uncomitted voter question that was so obviously staged*

Romney: My 5 point plan will help you! :D *insert vague details here*

Obama: Everything he said is a lie! Vote for me because *insert vaguely relateable sob story here*

*Another uncommitted voter question*

Romney: The 5 point plan will save you! *more vague details that are basically the same thing he said last time*
Obama: He lied! *insert story about grandmother here*
Romney: *starts challenging Obama with actual information*
Obama: *starts challenging Romney with actual information*
Moderator: CHANGE THE SUBJECT OR I'M GONNA GET RUN OUT OF TOWN AAAH D:
Me: You're gonna get run out of town after this debate anyway -.-

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I'm not prefering any sort of thinking. I'm very wiling to look at both sides, and was actually Pro-Obama the last election, but after him doing absolutely nothing to help, it's time for someone else...

If there's one thing I hate more than ultraconservatives, it's people who thinks the Democrats are as equally as rotten as the Republicans.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They are.

Republicans behead you with a guillotine and Democrats do it with a blade made of silk and a veil of smiles and humanity.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hey if you want to be taken seriously, don't post flat out lies.

The fact that Obama repealed DADT already disprove your point that Obama "didn't help people"

Y

Yodery

lol @ teenagers pretending to be interested in politics. Pretentious liars.

Go tip over a port-a-potty, or light a J, or mess with the intercoms at Wal-Mart, or something.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Ok, let me reword my sentence.

"I'm not prefering any sort of thinking. I'm very wiling to look at both sides, and was actually Pro-Obama the last election, but after him doing absolutely nothing significant to help the economy, it's time for someone else..."

He needs to stop messing around and focus on the main issue, which is the economy. Ok, he's done little things here and there, but things aren't any better. They've just gotten progressively worse since he became elected. He has spent too much money, and borrowed too much. he is going to leave us in debt. D:

inb4thingswerebetterlastmonththanallofhis4years

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Nothing significant?

Really?

Did you even read what some of the people have posted? Christ on a cracker.

I also wish people would stop yammering on like this recession/economic issue can be fixed overnight. It can't, and it sure as hell isn't going to get better in x amount of years, where x is a president's tenure in office.

Smooth Criminal

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Ok, let me reword my sentence.

"I'm not prefering any sort of thinking. I'm very wiling to look at both sides, and was actually Pro-Obama the last election, but after him doing absolutely nothing significant to help the economy, it's time for someone else..."
Which is a lie.

Especially considering GOP Congressman stonewalling him. Not to mention actively cut jobs.

He needs to stop messing around and focus on the main issue, which is the economy. Ok, he's done little things here and there, but things aren't any better. They've just gotten progressively worse since he became elected. He has spent too much money, and borrowed too much. he is going to leave us in debt. D:
Again lie:

First of all I like how conservatives suddenly give a damn about the debt when Reagan raised it 18 times and Bush II raised it 7 times.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Obama has created $5 trillion dollars in debt, higher than any other President. Almost as much as past presidents combined. The Hill CNN

This is also very bad, because of the economy. Debt from past presidents wasn't as big of an issue because the economy was considerably stronger.

Those statistics are also false. Factcheck.org
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/02/dueling-debt-deceptions

^This link you posted also disproves your claim that the debt under Obama is equal to that of the other 43 presidents. You shot yourself in the foot.

And it’s also untrue — as claimed in a graphic widely circulated by email and in social media postings — that the debt has increased more under Obama than under all previous 43 presidents combined. In fact, as of Jan. 31, 2012, the rise under Obama had yet to surpass the rise under his predecessor, George W. Bush.
Even the picture you posted basically admits the debt shrunk under Obama.

And let's not kid ourselves. Romney will spend, spend, spend as well what's with more tax cuts for the upper class. bloating the already over-weighted military, and possibly a war with a Iran

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
White Mage do you even skim the "sources" you post, or do you just grab the first thing that pops up on a google search for the opinion you want to prove correct (prior to actually digesting any actual INFORMATION or FACTS about the subject) and slap it in your post in the hopes no one will read it?

Seriously. The only ones that ever come close to supporting your point are from websites that border on propaganda. Tucker Carlson's site? Really?

Good golly miss molly.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It was funny to see Obama get angry and say that he was offended by the accusations Romney was making, with very sincere passion in his eyes that we all could plainly see, and then for Romney to slither out of his chair and started trying to say whether or not he truly called it an act of terror, and like you say, was fact checked in the face.

Fact checks in the middle of a debate needs to happen more often.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol @ teenagers pretending to be interested in politics. Pretentious liars.

Go tip over a port-a-potty, or light a J, or mess with the intercoms at Wal-Mart, or something.
Hey, just because you didn't care about politics as a teenager doesn't mean nobody else can. I'll have you know that I cared very much about politics when I was a teenager. Probably more than I care now, because I wasn't fed up with political discussions at that point in time.

Even the picture you posted basically admits the debt shrunk under Obama.
Just want to point out that increasing the debt less is not the same is shrinking the debt.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It was funny to see Obama get angry and say that he was offended by the accusations Romney was making, with very sincere passion in his eyes that we all could plainly see, and then for Romney to slither out of his chair and started trying to say whether or not he truly called it an act of terror, and like you say, was fact checked in the face.

Fact checks in the middle of a debate needs to happen more often.
Probably my last post here because this thread is cancer.

Are you seriously calling that a fact check because he absolutely did blame it on the video. He was explicitly talking about how they KNEW it was an organized strike, knew they had to beef up security, etc.

But hey let's feel good that Obama went on the record with the vague as **** term "act of terror" to defend this **** up in this rather large scandal.

This thread is so full of **** on both sides it's making my head spin, what the **** are you doing.

Edit-It's great when you google Candy Crowley's name basically the first thing you see now as a recommended addition is "wrong". But I'm sure that's just the right wing media and absolutely zero fact behind that, I just for some reason remember being told this was just some act of violence over a video and not an organized attack for no reason because I'm insane. Totally.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Our family has a close friend who is a doctor, and she says some of the Obamacare has already been put in place. She has to stay very late at work (around 10-11pm) filling out ridiculous amounts of unnecessary paperwork regarding the patients. She says if Obama gets elected, the Obamacare will ruin treatment options, because the GOVERNMENT will decided wether or not you can receive treatment for diseases such as Cancer, depending on your age and career. (Basically how useful you are to the society) Meaning if you're denied treatment, you're going to be left to die.
Surely people still have the option to pay for private health insurance / medical treatment as well?

@OP: Ask your grandparents what they think about each American's fundamental (probably constitutional) right to vote whoever they want?

Also have people heard about the Voter ID thing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRW5qoraTw

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Probably my last post here because this thread is cancer.

Are you seriously calling that a fact check because he absolutely did blame it on the video. He was explicitly talking about how they KNEW it was an organized strike, knew they had to beef up security, etc.

But hey let's feel good that Obama went on the record with the vague as **** term "act of terror" to defend this **** up in this rather large scandal.

This thread is so full of **** on both sides it's making my head spin, what the **** are you doing.

Edit-It's great when you google Candy Crowley's name basically the first thing you see now as a recommended addition is "wrong". But I'm sure that's just the right wing media and absolutely zero fact behind that, I just for some reason remember being told this was just some act of violence over a video and not an organized attack for no reason because I'm insane. Totally.
Dude, Romney asked if he truly said what Obama said he said. What are you going on about? I didn't say anything more than that nor did I defend the topic that they were discussing, I didn't even mention it. Don't go all Falcon on me without a good reason. o_o You'll just look dumb. I was essentially just making note of Romney's ridiculous response to it.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
White Mage do you even skim the "sources" you post, or do you just grab the first thing that pops up on a google search for the opinion you want to prove correct (prior to actually digesting any actual INFORMATION or FACTS about the subject) and slap it in your post in the hopes no one will read it?

Seriously. The only ones that ever come close to supporting your point are from websites that border on propaganda. Tucker Carlson's site? Really?

Good golly miss molly.
You know what, I'm out of here. Apparently I'm not allowed to pull from a source that's equally just as biased as everyone else's here. I'm obviously the only conservative in this whole entire forum, so what's the point for me to keep debating something when nobody is gonna listen anyway?

One of these days you people will realize Obama is not a good President. (If he gets elected and Obamacare gets fully implemented) Yeah, it sounds great at first, I mean it's "free" healthcare

But there's ALWAYS a catch when something sounds too good to be true. If you wanna know what it is, go search for yourselves, because if I even attempt to prove my point I'll be spat in the face again.

*Exits thread*

Edit because Lol:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Dude, Romney asked if he truly said what Obama said he said. What are you going on about? I didn't say anything more than that nor did I defend the topic that they were discussing, I didn't even mention it. Don't go all Falcon on me without a good reason. o_o You'll just look dumb. I was essentially just making note of Romney's ridiculous response to it.
I'm specifically referring to how you claimed he was fact checked in the face. There's not a whole lot of ways to respond when you're incorrectly "fact checked", I mean what are you going to do, just go "lol no I'm right" 30 times? The moderator was ****.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well either way it was an instance of Romney being given information that he tried to pounce on right after Obama acting all emotional and crap, resulting in a joke by him and laughter in the audience. That's why it was interesting to me. Again, I am not really defending Obama here. Sorry if I said anything ignorant.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well either way it was an instance of Romney being given information that he tried to pounce on right after Obama acting all emotional and crap, resulting in a joke by him and laughter in the audience. That's why it was interesting to me. Again, I am not really defending Obama here. Sorry if I said anything ignorant.
You explicitly said "fact checks in the middle of a debate need to happen more often" even though we have a good example from this debate alone of how they can just as easily **** up a valid point because lol Romney awkwardly words things sometimes. So what I'm saying is I think that statement is full of ****, I don't give a rat's *** if you're defending Obama or not. If Obama was the one who was ****ed over in this I'd be just as annoyed due to how awful the moderating was. I mean, I'd be annoyed at first then laugh because lol Obongo.

Aight, bouncin' from this joint.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So you're saying fact checks aren't allowed because presidents are too stupid? I don't agree with that, but okay.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
You know what, I'm out of here. Apparently I'm not allowed to pull from a source that's equally just as biased as everyone else's here. I'm obviously the only conservative in this whole entire forum, so what's the point for me to keep debating something when nobody is gonna listen anyway?

One of these days you people will realize Obama is not a good President. (If he gets elected and Obamacare gets fully implemented) Yeah, it sounds great at first, I mean it's "free" healthcare
But there's ALWAYS a catch when something sounds too good to be true. If you wanna know what it is, go search for yourselves, because if I even attempt to prove my point I'll be spat in the face again.

*Exits thread*

Not to mention that once again, you're lying. Either that or you just foolishly believe liars.

Obamacare is heavily based off Romneycare (which works) and Dolecare in the 90s. You know, two conservative healthcare plans.

Don't get upset because we brought this silly little called "facts." And that one time you posted a link which contradicted a point you made.

Also I couldn't help but notice that you gave several (even if they were false) reasons to not support Obama. But you couldn't give one reason to support Romney.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
He said that fact checks can do harm because Mitt Romney doesn't know how to word things well enough for people to comprehend what's going on. Just read the first sentence of his post. o-o

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's the power of the last word, they mean what they say, it just doesn't occur to them that the person they're talking to is going to keep talking, and they don't want to feel one-upped. It's like a leash on their neck. But he messaged me, so technically he has left this time, just the thread not the topic. Suppose I'll take a moratorium from this, got some school work to do anyhow.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Don't get upset because we brought this silly little called "facts." And that one time you posted a link which contradicted a point you made.
I'm not upset, I'm just mad at myself for even trying.
Also, I edited out that point 2 minutes before you replied to it, because I saw that it wasn't true.
If Obamacare is really heavily based off of Romneycare like you said, why wouldn't you vote for the guy who came up with it in the first place????

Reasons to support Romney:
1)He knows how to run a business and balance a budget.
2)He supports the constitution
3)His goal is to revive the middle class, and supply jobs by using his plan. (Even if his comments ARE vague, at least he HAS a plan, and no, I'm not saying Obama doesn't have a plan)
4)Will lower taxes for the Middle Class
5)He is a leader, and we need someone confident that won't apologize for our beliefs.

Last post here. For real this time, lol.
this thread is cancer.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He said that fact checks can do harm because Mitt Romney doesn't know how to word things well enough for people to comprehend what's going on. Just read the first sentence of his post. o-o
No, he didn't. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom